Dynadot

advice Getting the best price on GoDaddy auctions names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peak.Domains

Top Member
Impact
Hey there, I've tended to avoid Godaddy's marketing because I found it kind of annoying.. to find a name I like, buy it for $10, but then have to pay another $20 to renew immediately, and finally another $15 on top of that for privacy. Are there any ways around this? As opposied to registering something over at Namecheap where it's $10 including privacy (I know it's different cos that's a fresh reg and not from the marketplace..)

But I was just wondering if there's something I'm missing here, cos I find some nice drops on Godaddy sometimes, but $45 to get the ball rolling seems a bit much for a $10 domain, what do you guys do? Or just bite the bullet and if a name's not worth $45 to you, it's not worth buying anyways?

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey there, I've tended to avoid Godaddy's marketing because I found it kind of annoying.. to find a name I like, buy it for $10, but then have to pay another $20 to renew immediately, and finally another $15 on top of that for privacy. Are there any ways around this? As opposied to registering something over at Namecheap where it's $10 including privacy (I know it's different cos that's a fresh reg and not from the marketplace..)

But I was just wondering if there's something I'm missing here, cos I find some nice drops on Godaddy sometimes, but $45 to get the ball rolling seems a bit much for a $10 domain, what do you guys do? Or just bite the bullet and if a name's not worth $45 to you, it's not worth buying anyways?

Cheers

For me, in the same scenario as you, the cost would be $18.50. $10 for the purchase, 8.50 for the renewal, and I don't want/need privacy. If I did, it would be about $8. If you are going to do any volume of business at GoDaddy, the discount domain club is the way to go. Why are you paying $20 renewals?

•••
@SuperDudePro Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at the discount domain club.

As for the $20 renewals, maybe Canadian dollars has something to do with it, so more like $15 USD or so.

Here's an example cart for a domain that had a $10 BIN. There's the domain fee, reg free, and privacy fee.

i.imgur///com/10G5FXN.png

Last edited:
•••
@SuperDudePro Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at the discount domain club.

As for the $20 renewals, maybe Canadian dollars has something to do with it, so more like $15 USD or so.

Here's an example cart for a domain that had a $10 BIN. There's the domain fee, reg free, and privacy fee.

i.imgur///com/10G5FXN.png
Yeah, $15 is the non discount price. If you only do a couple, it isn't worth getting the discount club because it is yearly. I do the majority of my work from my GoDaddy account, so it's a good value for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back