NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imedcrypto

Established Member
Impact
Hello Everyone :)
I've picked some Metaverse related domains and i need, if you have time obviously, some help pricing them.
It would be amazing if you give me a price for a fast sell and a price for a hold.
Thank you in advance and Have a wonderful time!
screencapture-namepros-threads-another-jumper-on-the-metatrain-1259116-2021-11-21-23_41_18.png

Thank you again :)
(BTW i dont except to sell them for something big, i know that the high ticket ones were bought before the whole hype.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same opinion as before, best of luck

•••
T
Same opinion as before, best of luck
Thank you jhm, i took it into consideration, was trying to get some more feedbacks, but i think that you are the only one who shares his thought with me here hahhahahahah :)
Btw do you think that they could be priced in the $$$ range?

•••
T

Thank you jhm, i took it into consideration, was trying to get some more feedbacks, but i think that you are the only one who shares his thought with me here hahhahahahah :)
Btw do you think that they could be priced in the $$$ range?
I really don't think so, no. Often times I'll tell people to take a chance at Low XXX, but drop price accordingly if no bites (you can do that). IMO

•••
I would try to list them in the $99-$199 range. The only two you can give a try for mid XXX are meta////haptik and meta/////hapt IMHO

•••
I would try to list them in the $99-$199 range. The only two you can give a try for mid XXX are meta////haptik and meta/////hapt IMHO
Thank you for your feedback :)
In your opinion, in which site should I list them for a fast sale?

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for your feedback :)
In your opinion, in which site should I list them for a fast sale?
The way to go is listing both on Afternic and Sedo. Patience is one of the main virtues in domaining, so no guarantee of a fast sale or a sale at all.

Edit: remember that higher the price --> lower the chance of a sale (as a general rule)

Last edited:
•••
The way to go is listing both on Afternic and Sedo. Patience is one of the main virtues in domaining, so no guarantee of a fast sale or a sale at all.
Thanks :) I know, patience is the key of everything. I'm really new to this whole domaining world. I come from an online sales/marketing/graphic_design and webdev world where patience plays a good role in having some profits.

•••
Thanks :) I know, patience is the key of everything. I'm really new to this whole domaining world. I come from an online sales/marketing/graphic_design and webdev world where patience plays a good role in having some profits.
If I can give you a piece of advice, just wait a little bit before regging new names. We all started regging not very marketable domains at the beginning, take your time to study and observe the market and with the right combination of numbers, quality and pricing of the domains you'll see profits. There are tons of great resources and guides here on nP, you can start your journey from there :)

Last edited:
•••
If I can give you a piece of advice, just wait a little bit before regging new names. We all started regging not very marketable domains at the beginning, take your time to study and observe the market and with the right combination of numbers, quality and pricing of the domains you'll see profits. There are tons of great resources and guides here on Np, you can start your journey from there :)
Thank you returning to me, I already started studying, this forum is a gold mind if one have the time and willing to learn.
For the domains that I registered, I checked countless of domains before (word combinations script + word lists related to the keywords + excel + bulk availability check) but I was a bit late, every good sounding name was registered.
So I registered these, to try to get some profit that I could invest in the future.

•••
Thank you returning to me, I already started studying, this forum is a gold mind if one have the time and willing to learn.
For the domains that I registered, I checked countless of domains before (word combinations script + word lists related to the keywords + excel + bulk availability check) but I was a bit late, every good sounding name was registered.
So I registered these, to try to get some profit that I could invest in the future.
Very hard finding good handregs nowadays ( possible but definitely thougher than acquiring decent domains in the wholesale aftermarket).

•••
but I was a bit late, every good sounding name was registered.
IMHO next time you should simply avoid to reg any name in than niche and focus on another one where there are still good opportunities. People are getting crazy about the metaverse niche, but seeing the number of domains regged (and their quality) I can tell with high level of confidence that overall people are loosing money.

•••
Hi, looks like an interesting collection. But yes, sadly, patience plays a big part in domaining. That said, have you run names through https://freevaluator.com. Worth it, as you scroll down after getting a free (computer algorithm and keyword) appraisal of the estimated worth of your domain, you will notice the way crawlers break down the keywords. And it is not always what you think. An example would be, registering something like www.insuranceisgreat.net can end up being broken down into in,sur,an,ceis,gr,eat. Not exactly what the registrant was looking for surrounding insurance, but the 'eat' at the end makes it all worthwhile to promote food - even though purchaser would have been looking to promote insurance. So the keyword free evaluation tools online can save you much of time and money in the long run. Best of Luck.

•••
•••
Hi, looks like an interesting collection. But yes, sadly, patience plays a big part in domaining. That said, have you run names through https://freevaluator.com. Worth it, as you scroll down after getting a free (computer algorithm and keyword) appraisal of the estimated worth of your domain, you will notice the way crawlers break down the keywords. And it is not always what you think. An example would be, registering something like www.insuranceisgreat.net can end up being broken down into in,sur,an,ceis,gr,eat. Not exactly what the registrant was looking for surrounding insurance, but the 'eat' at the end makes it all worthwhile to promote food - even though purchaser would have been looking to promote insurance. So the keyword free evaluation tools online can save you much of time and money in the long run. Best of Luck.
Thank you for your feedback!

I know all about the patience factor :)

yes i have run em through freevaluator, and godaddy appraisal; the valuations are from 1k to mid 2k. But as far i see here, that valuation doesn't give the true value of a domain name (always less but more in some cases) . If you run MetaTime through these valuators the price shown is $3,725 but the domain was sold for 40k. Other domains are sold for way less than the valuation.
So domains are like any digital asset, its price depends on how much the buyer is ready to pay for it.

For my domains i was hoping to get a fast xxx for one of them and hold the rest, and invest the money in other names (i have a list that i prepared after buying and more studying what's have be discussed here in the forum).

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
•••
You are so right, it is all "about how much a buyer is willing to pay" for them. The key is to get Buyers to want to pay more - this takes a landing page that is specific to the domain name or if not - a page that gives a buyer some idea of how they could use the name for their business, project or to monetize for income. Relying on a Buyers imagination alone, to see the potential of a domain name is a great hope. Better to offer them some sort of 'sell' to 'juice the pot'. I started out thinking if my domain name had the 'wow factor' it would sell like hotcakes. A pro Domain Broker at Linkedin kindly pointed me in the right direction of giving the Buyer some idea of what to use the domain for, regardless of whether the Buyer has intentions for the name in mind. It also adds some serps, seo and more importantly you may get some social shares from the page were you to add free social share buttons such as Sharethis or Addthis. The xxx mark for selling domains is not too difficult. If the name is half good, you are not setting your expectations too high for xxx nowadays, especially as you took the sensible choice of being on this forum where xxx and xxxx prices are common-place for domain names. Glad to read you are doing your research, and really looking at how it all works. That's where the money comes in, your efforts. Have a good day!

•••
You are so right, it is all "about how much a buyer is willing to pay" for them.
Yeah two years ago i registered a domain (found it in expireddomains. net) i was doing pod at the time and had lots of female buyers of graphic tees, i stumble upon OkBitch . com, it looked bold and appealing for a certain niche of clientele, was going to build a shirt brand around it.
i remember i posted about it in a merch related fb group (was asking about using that phrase in merch by amazon) , a woman contacted me and offered 1k for it, i wasn't interested in selling it but she kept rising until 1.5k...didnt sell (saw a much more benefice in it as a store) ... corona . ..lockdown ... merch sales dropped ... had a job .. forget about it
last year i renewed it and tried to sell it to her, she told me that she is out of the merch stuff
tried to sell it here had 0 offers.
The key is to get Buyers to want to pay more - this takes a landing page that is specific to the domain name or if not - a page that gives a buyer some idea of how they could use the name for their business, project or to monetize for income. Relying on a Buyers imagination alone, to see the potential of a domain name is a great hope. Better to offer them some sort of 'sell' to 'juice the pot'. I started out thinking if my domain name had the 'wow factor' it would sell like hotcakes. A pro Domain Broker at Linkedin kindly pointed me in the right direction of giving the Buyer some idea of what to use the domain for, regardless of whether the Buyer has intentions for the name in mind. It also adds some serps, seo and more importantly you may get some social shares from the page were you to add free social share buttons such as Sharethis or Addthis.
I'm working at this ftm, writing info about these domains, logos, and i'm gonna create landing pages with links to where they are available.
The xxx mark for selling domains is not too difficult. If the name is half good, you are not setting your expectations too high for xxx nowadays, especially as you took the sensible choice of being on this forum where xxx and xxxx prices are common-place for domain names. Glad to read you are doing your research, and really looking at how it all works. That's where the money comes in, your efforts. Have a good day!
For me, as a starter in this field the xxx mark is very important it gives me motivation to more work on improving my investment in this field especially time wise. I have lots of ideas but it requires a little money to start with.
the xxxx is a bit like a dreamy expectation for me at this stage. the xxxxx is a MetaDream (its registered since 2003 btw ) hahahhah.
Have a nice day and thank you for your lengthy and informative answer!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back