Dynadot

sales Getir raised over $2 Billion Dollars acquired there matching dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"I am sure some would say Getir.com was a cheap sale now the company is worth $12 Billion but who would have known at the time in 2015, that getting 15K to would have seemed like a good price for this dotcom, do you agree?"

I keep repeating this, domainers need to start pricing names a lot higher regardless. No reason we do not have hundreds of 6 fig sales a week. It won't happen if everyone keeps engaging in charity instead of business.

•••
•••
time to raise prices since those company dont care about 15k or more.

•••
Raise prices and you will not sell any, I guarantee you.

I was reading this thread and the one about shein.com (95K US$)

Both sold astronomically higher than the average domainer would have sold these for.

I have a 4L .com and have been listed for under 10k forever and nobody snapped it despite me thinking it's a great 4L

•••
Raise prices and you will not sell any, I guarantee you.

I was reading this thread and the one about shein.com (95K US$)

Both sold astronomically higher than the average domainer would have sold these for.

I have a 4L .com and have been listed for under 10k forever and nobody snapped it despite me thinking it's a great 4L
Your experience doesn't disqualify the reality of major sales and prices that keep rising. 4l's take forever to sell because 99% of people looking for a name are typing in a keyword or two and usually it is not 4l. ....Towing... ...Restaurant... ....Plumber... ...Design... ...Trainer...

Look at dnjournal or any list of published sales, almost all of them are keyword based not 4l, 4l sales reports on this site are mostly wholesale prices.

•••
Well, I hope you realize shein and getir are more like brands rather than keyword domain names.

There's a limit between being business-savvy and greedy. And I still keep my opinion, Shein for 95k US$ was an absolute super deal for the seller (whoever is). Doesn't matter if the company later has become a multi-billion dollar company. They could have failed spectacularly and I'm sure you will say the seller had a great deal.
Now that they built successful companies it's easy to say oh the seller should have charged millions.

I personally sold a domain to a startup that later got millions in venture capital.
I sold it for the proper price.
No regrets, I sell domain names, not startup ideas or businesses.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back