IT.COM

Get your free co.uk domain for first 12 months at @ Names.co.uk

NameSilo
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Just got an email from them......the bit in bold at the bottom is the relevant bit for this offer

It's been almost 5 years since the launch of the new .UK domain names. You're probably thinking the same as us - where has that time gone!?

Our aim is to support your online adventure in any way we can... so over the past 5 years, we've worked hard to make sure that we've given you every opportunity to grab your matching .uk domain name. To find out more about the steps we've taken and why we've taken them, plus more about the .uk release.

Don't forget, if you haven't secured your matching .uk yet or you have your eye on a brand new .co.uk or .uk domain, you can still get it FREE for a year.

*I have no affiliation with them or this offer*

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When u try to log in, they will deny you access. You will change passwords and you still won't be able to log in.

They mandate you to call a certain number blah blah to gain access to the account. When you call, nobody picks.
Have you tried changing your ip? The bot might have blacklisted your Ip

•••
They did register one domain name for me but I have never been able to log into the account. Now I am worried they might bill me while i do no have access to the account to effect any changes. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
After creating a Nominet.uk account you should, via Nominet, be able to transfer the domain elsewhere but at a cost of £10, which does not extend the registration period. Obviously this is not what you want to do but if you could not get into the Namesco account it would be a way to stop them billing you. Unless of course they are now owned by 1&1, which would mean they would bill you renewals even on domains no longer with them.

I don't think it is worth the time it takes to have a domain with these idiots.

•••
•••
After creating a Nominet.uk account you should, via Nominet, be able to transfer the domain elsewhere but at a cost of £10, which does not extend the registration period. Obviously this is not what you want to do but if you could not get into the Namesco account it would be a way to stop them billing you. Unless of course they are now owned by 1&1, which would mean they would bill you renewals even on domains no longer with them.

Is there a way I can report this to Nominet? Can they do something about it?

•••

Honestly, I have never been this frustrated over an account. I have just messaged them on Twitter (they seem to be active there) to deactivate the account.

•••
Honestly, I have never been this frustrated over an account. I have just messaged them on Twitter (they seem to be active there) to deactivate the account.

If they have saved a payment method it is a good idea to get that deleted.

Some of these sh*t companies require a saved payment and won't let you delete it, just change it. Here is the solution:
Change saved payment method to Paypal, then delete credit card as payment method. Then go into Paypal account and delete the recurring payments authorisation for that company/service, then they can never just automatically bill your Paypal until you choose to let them.

•••
If they have saved a payment method it is a good idea to get that deleted.

Some of these sh*t companies require a saved payment and won't let you delete it, just change it. Here is the solution:
Change saved payment method to Paypal, then delete credit card as payment method. Then go into Paypal account and delete the recurring payments authorisation for that company/service, then they can never just automatically bill your Paypal until you choose to let them.

This have just sent me a message on twitter after I DMed them yesterday. The most nightmarish domain encounter I have ever had.
Screenshot_20190624-095150.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back