IT.COM

domains Get your .Crypto domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
i just got this email :

We all love domains and blockchain, so we thought you would be super excited to learn about the introduction of blockchain based domain names. Our partner, Unstoppable Domains, has just announced the release of their blockchain domain extension, .crypto, and they are selling out fast.

Topcoin has partnered with Unstoppable Domains

for a one-time offer for Topcoin members

Unstoppable domains is now offering Topcoin members an exclusive $40 store credit by using your Topcoin email when signing up on their website. With .crypto domains priced at $40, this is essentially a free domain name, simply by signing up to Unstoppable Domains using your Topcoin email.

Get started and find your domain by clicking here :

https://unstoppabledomains.com/r/a99968914b914ff

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A friendly interface is one that does not expose the underlying technology. It needs to be a mobile app or voice assistant action that let people do the transaction easily and securely.

Think of Amazon and Facebook and any major platform. The identity people need is either an e-mail address or a single sign-on service like Google or Facebook. We have seen many technology advances and e-mail still reins supreme.

If you want wide adoption, you need to convince people why they need something.crypto rather than an e-mail address. If you can’t do that, another extension (that people have to pay for) is just a useless layer that people don’t care.
We could easily get into a philosophical debate on technology, but the premise of my position is that technology will evolve. I think blockchain will play a large role, thus blockchain domains will also have a role.

Having an interest in Web3.0 I can tell you there are many very famous computer scientists who originally worked on DNS and TCP/IP who now are working on Web3.0. So I am not alone in saying it's coming.

Last edited:
•••
A friendly interface is one that does not expose the underlying technology. It needs to be a mobile app or voice assistant action that let people do the transaction easily and securely.

Think of Amazon and Facebook and any major platform. The identity people need is either an e-mail address or a single sign-on service like Google or Facebook. We have seen many technology advances and e-mail still reins supreme.

If you want wide adoption, you need to convince people why they need something.crypto rather than an e-mail address. If you can’t do that, another extension (that people have to pay for) is just a useless layer that people don’t care.
I fully agree with you. Widespread adoption does rely on ease of use. Single sign on and using APIs to sign on is a great way to allow widespread integration. (By the way, I rarely use integrated sign on for websites. I never login with my Facebook account.)

Right now, there are no tools. However, maybe it will be possible in the future. I'm not an engineer, so I don't know if it's impossible with blockchain. I am still learning. It's still quite early in the development of this technology. I'm looking forward to seeing what will come out. One thing is definite... more and more industries are looking into the possibilities and more money is flowing into the technologies.

Web 1.0 was a pain. It became easier eventually.

•••
We could easily get into a philosophical debate on technology, but the premise of my position is that technology will evolve. I think blockchain will play a large role, thus blockchain domains will also have a role.

Having an interest in Web3.0 I can tell you there are many very famous computer scientists who originally worked on DNS and TCP/IP who now are working on Web3.0. So I am not alone in saying it's coming.
Agreed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back