IT.COM

.tv Geo .tv domains, "The emporer has no clothes."

NameSilo
Watch
The curtain has been pulled and I think the bidding on the geo's will come as a surprise to some today,

Japan.tv $10,099
Germany.tv $10,099

I thought there would be some level of support still existing in the market but people voted with their wallets today. After 4 years of failed development attempts by domainers and hundreds of thousands in wasted reg fees people have come back to reality on these names.

I think it is pretty apparent that alot of the prior geo sales (even recent ones) that some have grossly overestimated the market.

I've been saying for a while that the geo's .tv's are not the gold standard, they are mostly "trophy names", typically somewhat vague names that are very hard and costly to develop. Even still two sold today are far better targeted than most. Obviously transactions like Italy.tv and California.tv are looking pretty poor today in comparison.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This list proves to me that crap names can still rank. Hatred for the hyphen is overrated.

Of course crappy and hypenated names can do well, doesn't mean they are good for domaining though, or even development, just means they are usable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back