Dynadot

Geo Domains HQ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just thought I'd create a thread where we can all talk openly about Geo (Service) Domains. Seems like a hot topic which I've been discussing quite often now.

Let's get together and chat geo domains.

Advice, Questions, Statistics, Recent Sales, Venting Frustration, etc..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When considering the Geo part of the domain name, you might be interested in checking out the Top 20 Richest Cities in America, courtesy of Bloomberg Business:

bloom.bg/1Ppjzvw

•••
Anyone made any sales recently?

•••
got aeHQ.net...got it on fortnight....already got a low$xxx offer....ae for Arab Emirates...

•••
•••
Anyone sold any domains recently??

•••
Nope, no sales as of yet.

Still trying few tweaking with the landing page ideas as shared in this thread. Let's see. My few domains with landing pages will be ready by next week.

•••

In order for somebody to report regular sales they would need a lot of such domains in their portfolio and they would have to be active sellers not just sporadic investors. If you had 100 domains that are geo+profession you would probably be doing one sale every 10 days with outreach. Without outreach you wold be at 1-2 sales/month.

•••
Yeah, sales don't happen too often when you have a full time job and spouse or family. If you were domaining as your full time job, I'd see a sale at least every week.

•••
Just regged a bunch of cleaning-related geodomains, gonna try selling them, will report how it goes

•••
Trying to sel a big city + personalinjuryattorney.net. Will report , how much would it be worth?

The city has a population of 650k.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I few days ago i registered TampaBridal and now I have an offer of $ 200 haha

•••
I few days ago i registered TampaBridal and now I have an offer of $ 200 haha
Nice one. Did they find you through a marketplace or was this after you did some outreach?

•••
chicago+personalinjuryattorney net was sold for $1900
I dont like "long" domains and .com is much better

I have to agree with this. Long names are quite the mouthful for radio and work of mouth. Will it even fit on a business card? Can't believe the .net sold for that much. Lucky seller IMO

•••
Nice one. Did they find you through a marketplace or was this after you did some outreach?

i sent 15 emails with 10 different prices (from $150 to $450)

•••
i sent 15 emails with 10 different prices (from $150 to $450)
hmm, that's a new one. I never thought of sending different prices like that. Did you have a good look at the prospect & decide a price which they could afford or were the different prices just random?

prices in the initial emails?

•••
•••
hmm, that's a new one. I never thought of sending different prices like that. Did you have a good look at the prospect & decide a price which they could afford or were the different prices just random?

prices in the initial emails?

15 emails: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Responses:

1. without price
2. without price - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"How much?"
3. without price
4. without price
5. without price
6. without price
7. without price
8. $150
9. $150
10. $200 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "Is the total price $200. no other monthly fees or anything????"
11. $200
12. $250
13. $250
14. $350
15. $450

•••
15 emails: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Responses:

1. without price
2. without price - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"How much?"
3. without price
4. without price
5. without price
6. without price
7. without price
8. $150
9. $150
10. $200 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "Is the total price $200. no other monthly fees or anything????"
11. $200
12. $250
13. $250
14. $350
15. $450

awesome seeing the breakdown, thanks!

•••
I've been doing some comparison of geo domain sales with US cities and found weird sales:

PortlandNow.com and SeattleNow.com sold for $125 000 each in 2008. Wow.

For comparison the second largest sale for Portland was PortlandHomes.com for $11333.
http://dnpric.es/?q=|portland

Do you think that was a sales genius at work? To me those domains just couldn't be worth that much, esp in 2008.

•••
I've been doing some comparison of geo domain sales with US cities and found weird sales:

PortlandNow.com and SeattleNow.com sold for $125 000 each in 2008. Wow.

For comparison the second largest sale for Portland was PortlandHomes.com for $11333.
http://dnpric.es/?q=|portland

Do you think that was a sales genius at work? To me those domains just couldn't be worth that much, esp in 2008.

Yes, I noticed that pattern too with the city+Now.com's. There's several of them, all around the same time and for big money. It's nuts. Not sure how that happened.

•••
I was wondering if you guys also noticed something fishy going on with some of the domain registrar's I'm not gonna mention which ones but I saw this happen a few times to me, with 2 different registrars. Now I could be paranoid or it could actually be a conspiracy lol. This happened mainly during the release of .online domains. I basically went on a man hunt to get as many .online GEO domains as I could find.. based country and city. When I searched on one registra for Amsterdam.online it was available then when I checked on the other one it was listed as a premier domain, for I can remember exact price but it was $xxxxx range then when I checked back with the first registra again... they had also all of a sudden whacked it into a premier domain category.. This exact same thing happened on a another GEO .online domain for a major city.

•••
Do you guys think we have to reg all possible variations of a geo domain, for example if we want to sell HoustonCleaners.com, and we email local businesses telling them how great it would be to own a short domain name, but CleanersHouston.com (or any other short variation there is, maybe not as good as ours, but still an improvement compared to their current one) is available for a regfee, a potential buyer who is interested in optimizing his domain name would just reg a name for a regfee instead of paying us $xxx, and we end up with having given free advice and no profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back