Dynadot

General warning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just as a headsup... if someone you don't know IM"s you or PM's you and shows an unusual interest in your domains... tells you they're going to buy them... and sends you funds...and asks you to push the domains to an account named "rock6291", whether at enom, dotster, or namecheap, DO NOT DO IT. The guy is a scammer who pays with stolen paypal funds.... which will leave you with a) your money taken away and b) your domains no longer in your possession. Found this out the hard way. So, rock6291. Avoid at ALL COSTS! Cheers,
john

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
D-: thanks 4 the warning! how do they steal paypal $$$?

•••
Hang on! :o

Are you saying this has occurred here via PM's on the Namepros site?!?
"Rock" sounds VERY familiar ... from those "Appraisals scams" that we so often discuss here as "things to avoid" in the industry! This is the first I have (potentially) heard that he/they/it has come to the site.

Please advise a.s.a.p.
Thanks, Johnny! :talk:
-Jeff :wave:

•••
no, this is the same guy i PMed you about. it was on a different forum, but i wouldn't be surprised if he made his way to this forum.

•••
Phew!
Okie, thanks ... sorry for the confusion Johnny. I get worried when I see these things, naturally.
We'll continue to be vigilant here internally ... and please report anything suspicious to us in the "Private-to-Staff" area.
Thanks much, folks!
:wave:

•••
Thanks for the heads up about this scam, I'm pretty sure this person was able to cheat the system somehow and be able to send fake funds.

•••
John,thank for your warning.I will remember it and take care.

Bean

•••
Thanks John... now I'm thinking of dealing with someone who have +TR feedback rather thoes who have non... specially on some big$$ deals...

:kickass:

•••
•••
thanks for warning us.

scammers like him should burn in hell.

•••
thanks for the warning Johnny,lets hope he stays away from this board!

•••
Yep, this person got me but I was fortunate enough to get the domain back and got him/her banned on another forum.

I thought it might the appraisal scam guy too but dont know for sure.

•••
•••
John, you could also try contacting the registrar. Since you can prove fraud, perhaps you can also recover your domain.

•••
hey armstrong,
I can certainly prove the fraud - sent enom a transcript of all conversation, the warning about him on the other forum, and the paypal returned funds screenshot. However, Enom has been completely worthless throughout this whole ordeal. They refuse to give me my domains back and have generally been rude and completely unhelpful.... not very impressed with them.

•••
•••
Thanks for the Heads Up J6.

Jim

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back