IT.COM

status-resolved GDPR & NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
So far, I've received about 400 emails about GDPR updates, from a number of companies, some of which I hadn't heard from for a decade.

Did I miss the email from NamePros? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So far, I've received about 400 emails about GDPR updates, from a number of companies, some of which I hadn't heard from for a decade.

Did I miss the email from NamePros? :)

You really want another GDPR email? lol.. i created a rule just to have them deleted as they hit my inbox!

Last edited:
•••
We're still finalizing our changes, though some have been deployed already in an update that occurred earlier today. GDPR doesn't actually require that an email be sent out when a privacy policy changes; instead, we may use the alert system implemented by our forum software. This is a more effective method, as it requires explicit opt-in.

•••
As soon as I see GDPR or Privacy Policy email I just delete it. It's like whack-a-mole.

•••
Thanks Paul. I was worried for a second. LOL.

•••
As soon as I see GDPR or Privacy Policy email I just delete it. It's like whack-a-mole.

Yeah, I've had a lot of discussions with other people in the industry over how effective GDPR will actually be, since it causes a sort of privacy information overload. I'm hoping for the best, though. We've always taken privacy pretty seriously, so it doesn't result in significant changes for us, but we're using it as an opportunity to refine our methods and policies a bit.

•••
I once had this conversation with someone from NamePros last year or the year before who assured me NamePros would never delete forum posts perhaps only with a court order. If someone requests their account deleted with all their data including all forum posts, how are you handling that now?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back