Dynadot

GD invents its own minimum offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
I list a domain at AN with fixed price, meaning Bin=Min.

Then I search it at GD, and GD allows 35 percent cheaper offers.

Is this a good thing?
Does this always happen.
I mean, .. maybe the buyer is ready to buy at BIN,
and instead makes an offer, assuming I'm willing to take
35 percent less already. And if I don't accept it, he would assume I'm dishonest
or greedy.
Another domain priced the same way (fixed BIN).
Price appears at other registrars but not at Godaddy.

It looks like GD doesn't want endusers to buy domains at BIN prices,
instead they will make lower offers, or contact an agent.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also looks like they put domains on auction without asking sellers. I wonder if there is any advantage in this for anyone.

•••
Does anyone else see this thread or not.

•••
Log in to Afternic and you can change the settings. When you add it from GoDaddy it sets a minimum offer and buy it now price on Afternic. If they find it on GoDaddy it is BIN, but if they are on Afternic, it allows them to make an offer lower than that. Been this way a long time.

•••
I can confirm that domains added through Afternic, with fields Min/Res/Floor/Bin all set, indeed appear on Auctions.godaddy.com with the correct BIN, but with a minimum offer that is (even) 20% lower than the minimum offer amount entered on Afternic.

I only notice this behavior on Auctions.godaddy.com, not on Godaddy.com. On Godaddy.com (normal domain search) just the correct BIN is shown, without MO option.

Last edited:
•••
I search for the domain at GD homepage, shown with price, click buy, on the next page it allows lower offers, plus it is on auction and a few days left. But what, now it says it is taken (not listed).. I assume it was sold, but I have not been informed yet (maybe processing payment, edit: yes, probably. since I have not been informed yet can I remove the listing and list it somewhere else with a higher price. ok I'll be nice.)... At Dan or Sedo you would know if it has been sold recently (at Dan they tell us (to the public), at Sedo they show a different landing page), if parked there.
I wonder whether each domain listed at AN has a page dedicated to it, as if it is parked.
Yes if they are priced and if AN wants them to be listed:
https://www.afternic.com/domain/keyword.tld
BTW Dan still sucks. Domains don't resolve, and there are no leads, except for unserious offers from domainers. Can this be intentional: I mean, maybe they want all sales to be partner sales.
And this doesn't mean I like Sedo much either. Their mistakes are chronic.
They all can improve themselves easily.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back