IT.COM

sales gay.uk just sold for £20,250 (Approx $25,400 USD)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
gay.uk just sold on Domainlore.uk for £20,250 (approx $25,400 USD).

Looks like there are a few .UK domains that are hot property. This sale should be good for .UK names.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow. I think i'm going to kick myself. I had an opportunity to get a 3 letter .uk name and someone just said i could have easily gotten a couple thousand for it and now i see this :eggface:

•••
wow. I think i'm going to kick myself. I had an opportunity to get a 3 letter .uk name and someone just said i could have easily gotten a couple thousand for it and now i see this :eggface:
The Gay industry (if you can even call someones feelings an "industry"...but for the sake of this thread let me call it that way) is HUGE in the UK, you simply cannot compare these 3 letters with any random combination.

•••
The Gay industry (if you can even call someones feelings an "industry"...but for the sake of this thread let me call it that way) is HUGE in the UK, you simply cannot compare these 3 letters with any random combination.

I figured it wouldn't be for £20,250 with a random 3 letters but for a couple of grand i can maybe see it.

•••

what do you think a random 3 letter .uk domain is worth

•••
Was this the domain?

•••
what do you think a random 3 letter .uk domain is worth
I personally see LLL's as liquid domains, but I'm not a big fan of sitting on my domains.
To answer your question: probably the lowest quality ones would go for at least £500 if you hold onto them.

•••
•••
gay.uk is worth much more. You could set as many somename.gay.uk sites up or even offer them out.

•••
There's a lot of interest, that's transferring into Bids ( allow for Auction frenzy) in .dot UK release at the moment. There's a lot to happen in this namespace over the next few months. As challenges will dig a deep hole in what Nominet (Our UK icann equivalent) Got away with in allowing the shorter .UK release.

I personally consolidated my own ,co.uk domains to take ownership of the UK's But guess what I still own dozens of UK's from.co.uk's I sold or dropped (The free two year rights issue by 123-reg gave me them all for free)

The true story is that it's a Mess that still hasn't reared its head - but it's coming.

Subsequent (free one-year .UK registrations,) FREE right up until last week, with certain registrars, (holders of the .co.uk) are only going to complicate matters. Nominet ballsed everything-up in its desire for more Money - There's a Big Price still to pay

Last edited:
•••
I back orderd Cars.uk and others. Did everything I could but didn't get any :banghead:

This industry isn't a level playing field. There's no fairplay anywhere around here

Last edited:
•••
Back