Dynadot

domains Gaming.xyz SOLD for $123,984 @SquadHelp

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To each their own, but if I sold a domain on a payment plan, I would only report the sale once all installments have been paid.

•••
How can a marketplace mark a domain as sold if it even did not finish all payments?
Do you think we are a bunch of sheeple or what?

•••
Domains sold on payment plans should not be considered sold until all payments are made.

I sold a domain for a million dollars. $1/month for a million months! :)

Brad

•••
Historically I never report a sale if on instalment plan until all payments are received. Squadhelp posted the name as sold on their website and I got tackled by a couple dozen people right away asking me to confirm the sale. Many more started posting that the name sold prior to my tweet, which created more emails, messages on twitter, being tagged etc.

In future, I will no longer share domain sales, there is no benefit to me.. I always share sales and info on domains to help other investors, I’ve done this for 15 years. No further info from me. Regards.
Thanks for clarifying that.

In this case I don't think SquadHelp did any favors for anyone. I don't think they should have reported it as sold.

It appears to have forced your hand, which is unfortunate.

It is good to know though that SquadHelp reports domains as sold when it is just an agreement to sell. It will make me take their reported sales with a grain of salt going forward.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
How can a marketplace mark a domain as sold if it even did not finish all payments?
Do you think we are a bunch of sheeple or what?
Marked sold
Post in Domain Industry News
Now we blame FTx

•••
Historically I never report a sale if on instalment plan until all payments are received. Squadhelp posted the name as sold on their website and I got tackled by a couple dozen people right away asking me to confirm the sale. Many more started posting that the name sold prior to my tweet, which created more emails, messages on twitter, being tagged etc.

In future, I will no longer share domain sales, there is no benefit to me.. I always share sales and info on domains to help other investors, I’ve done this for 15 years. No further info from me. Regards.

Last edited:
•••
Why do you think the 'buyer' had ties to FTX exchange?
This was not a literal statement.. i was suggesting this could be a legitimate reason for the cancellation. The buyer asked to payoff in full just a couple of days after the name was purchased on an instalment plan so they could save paying the monthly surcharge. We made an agreement on price, The FTX collapse happened just a couple days after that and the buyer went silent. I have no specific proof that they had crypto tied to the exchange but their momentum shifted quickly in line with the collapse of FTX. I have no further info to provide about the sale and cancellation. The name has been relisted for sale.

Last edited:
•••
Just saw that Gaming.xyz is back for sale at Squadhelp. Did the buyer fail the keep up on payment?

•••
Guess they don't mind the $700 yearly premium. But, then again that's nothing compared to xxx,xxx. Most domainers wouldn't touch it because of the renewal. Which means that is one amazing, perfect, and great sale!
The sale was canceled.

back on the market. I think the buyer must have had ties to ftx exchange and could no longer carry the monthly instalment costs. Got to keep their first payment, re-pricing and moving on now.

•••
•••
back on the market. I think the buyer must have had ties to ftx exchange and could no longer carry the monthly instalment costs. Got to keep their first payment, re-pricing and moving on now.

•••
•••
•••
Wow,

Seems like all .xyz owners gonna get rich soon.

Being holder of few one word .xyz. I am optimistic. Credits to you @JudgeMind

•••
Well at least the seller came forward with the news that it did not sell.

I thought "the rule" was to only talk about sales when the money is in your account.

•••
.XYZ is on fire! And congratulations to @JudgeMind !!!

I have kind of supported this extension here for 8 years, but to be honest, I did not see this coming. Love it!

Last edited:
•••
That's how you do it. Effin' nice sale and quite the name to root into the xyz realm. Cornerstone keyword, imo.

Congratulations.

•••
I always share sales and info on domains to help other investors, I’ve done this for 15 years.
I just wanted to thank you for having done this over the years.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats. We ( including endusers) need to see more such 6 figure sales, and in different extensions.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations dear friend @JudgeMind . The result of consistent efforts & conviction.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back