IT.COM

purchases Galaxy.com domain name acquired for $1.8 million by Galaxy Digital

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good they did not start with a $10,000,000 offer.

•••
Great domain, i think it could have gone for more, but still $1.8m is a lot of money.

Thanks for the info (y)

Last edited:
•••
Samsung managers sleeping ... :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Based on Ron Jackson's new information from the buyer's broker, I've updated the headline and text of the original article, see:

https://freespeech.com/2022/01/29/galaxy-com-domain-name-acquired-for-1-8-million-by-galaxy-digital/

for the updated article. Briefly, it's possible that the Galaxy.com deal was for MORE than $1.8 million.
Thanks for the updated info George, i don't like saying this with 7 figure deals ($1.8m was still a lot of money), but the price seemed a bit on the lower side for this domain.

Media Options represented the buyer right ie. their job to not only acquire the domain, but keep the price down low as possible?

Last edited:
•••
Media Options represented the buyer right ie. their job to not only acquire the domain, but keep the price down low as possible?

Yup, buyers want to acquire domains for as little as possible, and sellers want to maximize the transaction price.....nothing controversial there...

•••
Yup, buyers want to acquire domains for as little as possible, and sellers want to maximize the transaction price.....nothing controversial there...

Well if it did sell for $1.8m, i would have said Media Options did a great job for their client (buyer),

I would think they may have got the price down a little from $5m asking price, but in Ron's article the words used by Andrew was "substantially higher" so could be around a $3m deal if i was to make a guess, which would still be a great price for the buyer in my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
They got a steal. The name is worth 50 mil

•••
Amazing domain! They got it for cheap.

•••
•••
That's a steal.. who brokered this deal? it makes me wonder if brokers really care about the real value or they just want to make a commission? I'm sure if it was Rick's domain, he will be getting 30X for it.

•••
I just read the "Acquired with the assistance and tactical negotiation of @MediaOptions!" Tactical?
is it tactical for the buyer or for the seller?

Last edited:
•••
I just read the "Acquired with the assistance and tactical negotiation of @MediaOptions!" Tactical?
is it tactical for the buyer or for the seller?
well if they were hired as buyer broker they did a great job to bring the price down. This is an awesome deal for the company who bough it, even if 1.8M is a lot of money.

•••
That's a steal.. who brokered this deal? it makes me wonder if brokers really care about the real value or they just want to make a commission? I'm sure if it was Rick's domain, he will be getting 30X for it.

It's a great domain, i was thinking about it the other day, i think the reason why we think it's so good is because of Samsung Galaxy and possibly Galaxy chocolate bar, but it's not industry defining.

Pretend Samsung Galaxy didn't exist, would 'galaxy' still be as valuable as what we think? What i mean by that, is no doubt its a 7 figure domain, but is it a domain worth mid-7/possibly 8 figures or is value only enhanced by Samsung?

On reflection, if Samsung wasn't interested $2m to $3m could be about right and although not the official price with commision and what not it is a $2m+ deal.

Last edited:
•••
It's a great domain, i was thinking about it the other day, i think the reason why we think it's so good is because of Samsung Galaxy and possibly Galaxy chocolate bar, but it's not industry defining.

Pretend Samsung Galaxy didn't exist, would 'galaxy' still be as valuable as what we think? What i mean by that, is no doubt its a 7 figure domain, but is it a domain worth mid-7/possibly 8 figures or is value only enhanced by Samsung?

On reflection, if Samsung wasn't interested $2m to $3m could be about right and although not the official price with commision and what not it is a $2m+ deal.
It might also be a metaverse play as well. Dunno.

Single word domains like space, earth, terra, universe, planet, world etc that can be used to define space will be in hot demand right now as everyone seems to want a finger in the metaverse pie

Last edited:
•••
When negotating at Dan, Dan says " Media options can handle this sale". What exactly do they mean. What would be the benefit of it. They will get their own share, leaving less for me.

Last edited:
•••
When negotating at Dan, Dan says " Media options can handle this sale". What exactly do they mean. What would be the benefit of it. They will get their own share, leaving less for me.
Yes. Commission rate for that option is 20% instead of 9%

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back