IT.COM

showcase Future of Transportation ( Flying Cars ) Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Future of Transportation ? ( Flying Cars )

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    67.1%
  • No

votes
    28.8%
  • Other ( post in thread )

votes
    4.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
The Future is now

where there is no vision , the people perish

TheTFX.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm not very optimistic about flying cars in cities because there are security problems: we saw with drones... With flying cars problems are worse.

•••
Last edited:
•••
The next billion-dollar startup will be in aerospace

Late last month, 500 people from around the world gathered in Dallas at Uber’s inaugural Elevate Summit.

The invite-only conference was the next actionable step forward, post-Uber’s white paper published last fall, “Fast-Forwarding to a Future of On-Demand Urban Air Transportation,” to catalyze the emerging ecosystem around what Uber, along with partners in aerospace, aviation, and energy storage, see as the next unicorn transportation sector.

On the back of the incredible innovations that have disrupted today’s urban transit systems, with new ride-share models, electric energy and autonomous technologies, urban air mobility is poised for massive growth over the next five years.

At Elevate, with the entire ecosystem gathered in one place, the discussions ranged from identifying key markets and players with commercially viable vehicles to enabling technologies, like battery storage, and aircraft certification and policy, like FAA regulations. After more than 20 years in the aerospace sector, uniting early-stage tech innovators with private capital, my takeaway at the end of this three-day event is that urban air mobility is no longer a future-tech vision… it’s happening now.

Read more: https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/09/the-next-billion-dollar-startup-will-be-in-aerospace/

•••
•••
•••
•••
Uber fires head of its self-driving car program!
Now there’s really no one in the driver’s seat for Uber’s driverless cars.

The ride-sharing company confirmed Tuesday that it has terminated Anthony Levandowski, who had headed the company’s self-driving program since August.

Levandowski was the nexus in a trade-secret suit filed by Google since the executive once led the self-driving initiatives at both tech companies.

Levandowski was sued in March by his former employer — Waymo, the self-driving unit spun out of Google — on grounds he stole “9.7 GB of highly confidential data,”

Read more...http://nypost.com/2017/05/31/uber-fires-head-of-its-self-driving-car-program/

•••
FlyingTaxi (.) net

Uber Aims for Flying Taxis by 2020

Leaders at Uber, the popular ride-share network, are looking to the future, and they see a world where flying taxis solve our urban transit problems. Earlier this year, the company hired Mark Moore, a longtime NASA engineer with a focus on new aviation technology, to lead that effort, and in April, Moore hosted the first-ever Uber Elevate Summit. The three-day affair brought together 72 industry experts to hash out ideas toward creating a viable urban transit network using small aircraft that can take off and land vertically...Read More

•••
SelfFlyingAirTaxi (.) com

New Competitor Developing Self-Flying Air Taxis Emerges

Yet another animated video of a flying car set to be produced in Silicon Valley has surfaced, and rather than keep it under wraps, the company is laying it all out in plain sight.

Vahana is an all-electric, eight-motor, single seat vertical takeoff aircraft set to be made by Airbus. With its pivoting rotors, the vehicle is designed to be used as an automated flying taxi.... Read More

•••
FlyingCar.net.au

Cheers
Corey

•••
Years ago I had HoverCarHire/Com just for fun, I was going to put it on T-Shirts, however these days I don't want another twenty years or so for them to become a reality, I have already done that with robots

•••
:) Aerial .Taxi / AutonomousAir .Taxi

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Nice!

I have 6 .com names,

SelfFlyingTaxi (s)
Self-FlyingTaxi (s)
Self-Flying-Taxi (s)

:)

Go only one.

FlyingRides(.)com

•••
•••
•••
•••
Might have to get comfortable, many long holds in this thread, don't over expose yourself

•••
•••
•••
I own this FlyingMotorcycles.com

ab6bae642e568e8ebb1173f389236469--futurama-pod.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back