IT.COM

Fussball.TV - Taken!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got an email from Dynadot that one of my domain names has been removed from my account by the central registry without any notice! At first I thought my account was hacked, but this was done without any notification. I have had this names for many years and it was standard renewal. I am shocked by this and am trying to get answers. Everyone should be on high alert! Not good on .TV's behalf.

A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Disturbing. Hopefully you can get this taken care of amicably.

•••
xn--fuball-cta.tv is this?
It's a IDN?

•••
•••
It's not an IDN, but it is gone from my account.

•••
Dynadot confirmed the account was not compromised.

•••
If is not IDN why show as IDN at whois ?
Maybe it's a Godaddy registry error
Show is reg since 2013 on Key system but show as IDN version reg there
But as i say on whois ( any ) when is typed
FUSSBALL .tv show as IDN not a normal

•••
If is not IDN why show as IDN at whois ?
Maybe it's a Godaddy registry error
Show is reg since 2013 on Key system but show as IDN version reg there
But as i say on whois ( any ) when is typed
FUSSBALL .tv show as IDN not a normal

This could very well be the case, but its the only domain in question. Seems very strange.

•••
My guess registry system made a error
Since Godaddy take the administration of .TV was a full of error last month
My guess Godaddy take your domain & simply erased from system without possibility to be reg.

Screenshot_20221205-191033.png

Should have some evidence of ownership & ask Godaddy for answers not Dynadot

Last edited:
•••
Since GoDaddy acquired .TV, Paul can find out what happened:
@Paul Nicks

•••
I see the WHOIS at Name.com shows differently. I have escalated with Godaddy and even Dynadot to send any supporting documentation. Appreciate everyone's reply. Let's hope it was an error.

A

•••
If you go to fussball . tv, it shows it as being for sale. Is that your for sale page from when the domain was in your account?

•••
If you go to fussball . tv, it shows it as being for sale. Is that your for sale page from when the domain was in your account?

Yes.

•••
this must be an error on their side with German "ß" which they cannot handle correctly:

if you go to dynadot.com and try to register:

fußball.tv -> whois:
https://www.dynadot.com/domain/whois?domain=xn--fuball-cta.tv

fussball.tv -> whois:
https://www.dynadot.com/domain/whois?domain=fussball.tv

it points to the same domain name data:

Domain Name: xn--fuball-cta.tv
Updated Date: 2022-11-16T12:50:42Z
Creation Date: 2013-06-12T14:33:12Z

whilst your fussball.tv (with double "s") was registered on 2016-09-18 (this date no longer visible).

there seems to be the same issue with eg. spaß.tv and spass.tv.

•••
this must be an error on their side with German "ß" which they cannot handle correctly:

fußball.tv -> whois:

fussball.tv -> whois:

whilst your fussball.tv (with double "s") was registered on 2016-09-18 (this date no longer visible).

Look at Name.com WHOIS and type in fussball.tv.

•••
I just left a voicemail for Nick Fuller at Godaddy. Thanks Ray.

•••
.TV Restart
it may be time to get the band back together on .TV

as the registry may be tempted to revisit premium renewals, retroactivity but maybe bring some publicity i td like to restart the community that has always been one of the best things about .tv

we can be more effective if they cant seperate us..

the .tv group on namepros.

invite your freinds,,

questions - should we use the old namepros cctld topic board etc or new place, doesnt matter to me

page

ps sold a geo.tv today for $2500 on afternic

•••

fußball.tv -> whois:

fussball.tv -> whois:

also be careful if your broswer is set to translate as ive seen (especially on namepros) words chnage in posts

page

•••
Nice to see you Page! As of right now, I am still going through the chain of command at Godaddy to get the domain back or hear back an explanation.

Cheers on your sale. What GEO was it?

A

•••
well i know it doesnt help but i usually dont tell, wasnt a city but an area.. i think ive owned it 3 times, renewed 2-3 years, dropped, rebought etc

•••
I am still going through the chain of command at Godaddy to get the domain back or hear back an explanation.
Did you mean "and hear an explanation"?

•••
.TV Restart
it may be time to get the band back together on .TV

as the registry may be tempted to revisit premium renewals, retroactivity but maybe bring some publicity i td like to restart the community that has always been one of the best things about .tv

we can be more effective if they cant seperate us..

the .tv group on namepros.

invite your freinds,,

questions - should we use the old namepros cctld topic board etc or new place, doesnt matter to me

page

ps sold a geo.tv today for $2500 on afternic
Would be great to have the community back again.

Also i am trying to communicate with marketplaces to lift the transfer barrier messages (now names can be transferred to any registrar as i saw even if originated from premium verisign list) and also to apply .tv for Sedo MLS and Afternic DLS that will give exposure.

Ammudamus hope issue will get solved soon

M

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy is now attempting to get Dynadot to support a ticket to the registry regarding this so they can investigate. Waiting for them to do this.

A

•••
The latest update is that Dynadot has submitted a ticket with Godaddy, and they are investigating it. No ETA has been provided, unfortunately.

•••
Here is the response from the Godaddy registry:

For .TV, the GoDaddy Registry and ICANN rules for certain ASCII and IDN variant domain names cause a collision of data where certain domain names are not able to be migrated (or registered). This is called a ‘canonical names issue’. GoDaddy Registry is working on a solution to its platform to insert any names that were impacted by the canonical names issue. Once the solution is released, GoDaddy Registry will ‘grandfather’ .TV names into the registry zone.

This leaves me without any domain for an undetermined period of time because there was an error in their platform. I will continue to keep you all posted as to how this unfolds.

•••
Back