Dynadot

Fussball.TV - Taken!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got an email from Dynadot that one of my domain names has been removed from my account by the central registry without any notice! At first I thought my account was hacked, but this was done without any notification. I have had this names for many years and it was standard renewal. I am shocked by this and am trying to get answers. Everyone should be on high alert! Not good on .TV's behalf.

A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is the response from the Godaddy registry:

For .TV, the GoDaddy Registry and ICANN rules for certain ASCII and IDN variant domain names cause a collision of data where certain domain names are not able to be migrated (or registered). This is called a ‘canonical names issue’. GoDaddy Registry is working on a solution to its platform to insert any names that were impacted by the canonical names issue. Once the solution is released, GoDaddy Registry will ‘grandfather’ .TV names into the registry zone.

This leaves me without any domain for an undetermined period of time because there was an error in their platform. I will continue to keep you all posted as to how this unfolds.
Imagine if you paid 5-6 figures for this. I bet the response would be different.

It’s not my domain but if it was, I’d file a lawsuit immediately. This kind of carelessness isn’t acceptable on any level.

•••
certain ASCII and IDN variant domain names cause a collision of data where certain domain names are not able to be migrated (or registered). This is called a ‘canonical names issue’.
Sounds like the "collision" might be something to do with the double 's' and the German 'ß' as @michal suggested..
this must be an error on their side with German "ß" which they cannot handle correctly

Here's hoping it gets sorted for you soon, thanks for keeping us posted.

•••
Ironically, another domain seems to have an issue updating the whois which is Dusseldorf.TV. It was not taken from my account, but same IDN issue.

•••
Here is the latest update from Godaddy. It looks like the fix is going to be in place in February of 2023. This did affect other domains.

Thank you for your patience. We'd like to first confirm to you that while working through this issue, the nameservers for FUSSBALL.TV were inserted into the DNS and the website was not taken offline. We shared previously that we are working on a solution that will grandfather names into the registry platform. While we are working on the solution to grandfather the domain, nameserver update requests can be managed by opening a case with us. This is a manual process but will be a method for you to manage any updates your customer may have.

Our product team has noted that FUSSBALL.TV currently has a parked sales landing page. Unfortunately, during this window of time prior to the solution release, the domain name won’t be able to be sold.

We expect the solution release to be available sometime in February 2023, where GoDaddy Registry will then insert the names with their respective data to the registry platform with Dyndot as the sponsoring registrar for this specific domain name. During this window of time prior to the release, the customer will not lose the domain and nor will it expire. Ultimately, no domain names will be lost.

FUSSBALL.TV does have certain variants, one of which was registered before the ASCII version in 2013. Therefore, FUSSBALL.TV was involved in the canonical names issue as described.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused while we worked to find a suitable solution, but want to again reiterate that the website remains live and online and the domain name will soon be inserted into Dynadot's domain account.

•••
Thanks for keeping the community posted about GoDaddy Registry's progress here.

•••
Fussball.TV just got returned to my account as well as another name that had the same issue. Godaddy followed through.

•••
•••
Fussball.TV just got returned to my account as well as another name that had the same issue. Godaddy followed through.

Great! Thanks for keeping us posted!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back