Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It’s been a while since I discussed my last domain sale. As everyone knows we are in the middle of this year and my target to make 20-24 sales per year is quite far away right now. This is my 6th sale of this year and I am not happy with the number of sales but what I can say is the total revenue generated is great so far but numbers of sales are not up to the mark.

What I have also noticed is the number of inquiries since the beginning of 2016, which has been on the low side. I have discussed this with fellow domainers and most of them were in the same boat.

Coming to the sale which I just completed through Sedo was for the domain BrightEnergy.com which eventually sold for $28,000. Buyer contacted through Sedo with initial offer of $1,000. I countered with $38,888. As the negotiation history cannot be seen right now because the sale is completed, I cannot share exactly how we negotiated further but it was something like buyer gave 5K, 10K, 12K, 15K, 17.5K, 18,300, 27,500. I wanted to tell that buyer also came through Afternic broker and those mentioned counter offers were included from both platforms. I knew the buyer is same and using Sedo and Afternic simultaneously. The entire deal took almost a month to get completed from the initial offer to completing the transaction.

I wanted to thank Brian Michitti (Sedo broker) who was very good in handling this entire transaction on my behalf and very quick in taking necessary actions on time.

Feel free to give your feedback and share your recent sales.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It’s been a while since I discussed my last domain sale. As everyone knows we are in the middle of this year and my target to make 20-24 sales per year is quite far away right now. This is my 6th sale of this year and I am not happy with the number of sales but what I can say is the total revenue generated is great so far but numbers of sales are not up to the mark.

What I have also noticed is the number of inquiries since the beginning of 2016, which has been on the low side. I have discussed this with fellow domainers and most of them were in the same boat.

Coming to the sale which I just completed through Sedo was for the domain BrightEnergy.com which eventually sold for $28,000. Buyer contacted through Sedo with initial offer of $1,000. I countered with $38,888. As the negotiation history cannot be seen right now because the sale is completed, I cannot share exactly how we negotiated further but it was something like buyer gave 5K, 10K, 12K, 15K, 17.5K, 18,300, 27,500. I wanted to tell that buyer also came through Afternic broker and those mentioned counter offers were included from both platforms. I knew the buyer is same and using Sedo and Afternic simultaneously. The entire deal took almost a month to get completed from the initial offer to completing the transaction.

I wanted to thank Brian Michitti (Sedo broker) who was very good in handling this entire transaction on my behalf and very quick in taking necessary actions on time.

Feel free to give your feedback and share your recent sales.

This is an awesome negotiation and due some dilligence on your part to determine it was the same buyer coming at you from two places! Its also a great domain name too - I am sure that makes it a little bit less stressful and raises your confidence! Great name! One question: can we specifiy a broker to handle a sale for us at Sedo? I've always done my own negotiating and was curious if we could ask for one?

•••
Congrats Abdulbasit. That was great sale. Now forward some of that cash to Abdullah for Eid :D

•••
Impressive sale and negotiations example. Congrats!

•••
Now that's my kind of sale! Congrats!!

More to come!!!

•••
Congrats Abdul. Motivating Sale..

•••
•••
Congrats! Great sale.

Didn't understand 2 things. You received an offer and than the broker negotiated ? Also did you drop the asking price or sticked to 38K and only in the end u went with 28K counter offer?

•••
Wa Alaikum Assalam,

Really good to know Abdul Basit.

Wish you continuous great luck in future as well.

Thank you.

•••
Awesome and congrats. Moved me tbh

•••
wow. Congrat great sale.
Hoping to make such a great sale in my domain investment soon

•••
Impressive number, Congrats!
acde4f4d7236ae9f48499a0ea9dd4003.jpg

•••
@Michelle

@brian wamelile
The better name, the more confidence ;)

@mirul
Thanks Mirul :)

@equity78
Thanks Raymond :)

@AGAME
Thanks for your kind words.
Now that's a good question! Well, I haven't been into that situation but what I think about Sedo and Afternic is when you get some solid offer like 10K and are into negotiation, their system flags and automatically assigned a broker to handle the lead. Then broker contacts directly to seller and communicates further and later all negotiation is handled by him on behalf of seller. That makes the process quicker as they have direct contact of seller and can call them too.

@Abdullah Abdullah
Thanks and good sense of humor :D
You are always welcome and I will happily give treat but for that you will need to come at my place ;)

@golan
Thanks yeah :)

@osamson
Thanks and I like your big thoughts!

@goffee
Thanks. For me too! ;)

@Haris100
Thanks Haris :)

@twomoon
As said earlier to AGAME above you will get answer for your first question. Secondly, when I quoted $38,888, later I dropped to $36,888 something when I got a little serious offer of 5K. Once the buyer said his final offer was 10K, I later dropped to my FINAL offer of $29,888. I sticked this offer UNTIL the buyer came to $27,500 so I revised my offer to 28K.

@kmnsh
Many thanks for your kind words which is much appreciated. Glad you like it :)

@Olayinka Oladele
Thanks. Such sales are always exciting and motivational including the seller ;)

@bene
Thanks. Wish you all the best and I like the positivity!

@DNScholar
Many thanks! You seems to be as happy as I am :D

•••
Good one, hope to get sales like this

•••
Hi question, did you list the name in somewhere? have you promoted your name? or buyer found you via whois?

•••
I think the question being asked was did you do the negotiations or the Sedo broker?

•••
@Ceejaye
Thanks and wish you all the best :)

@omelet
Not sure if you read my post completely but as mentioned the buyer came through Sedo and completed the deal through that platform itself. I wanted buyer to come directly so we both had made and saved money but nopes :D
Also the name was listed at Afternic as well and parked with Uniregistry market.

@NameZest
I did half of the negotiation before the broker jumped in and made the process quicker.

•••
Wa Alaikum Salaam Abdul Basit,
Congratulations. It is a great sale indeed.

•••
Nice sale. How much did you pay for it? and how long did you hold it for?.....If you don't mind sharing this info.

Andy

•••
Huge congrats AbdulBasit. A very inspiring sale! Wish you more success.
Hopefully, we could have something like that too someday, somewhere. :)

•••
Great domain, and great sale. Congrats bro!~

•••
@Haroon Basha
Many thanks and rightly said so :)

@domainivate
Hold the name for around 2 years and would keep the purchase price as secret ;)

@4better
Many thanks for your kind words and much appreciated. For sure, if you are going in right direction and have the patience, you will definitely be paid off well :)

@Zandibot
Thanks Ali. True :)

I am thankful once again to everyone for their best wishes which made me more happy and I will make sure to share in future as well :)

•••
Wa Alaikkum Assalam Wa Rahmathullahi Wabarkath Brother
Great sale Congrats

•••
•••
Fabulous sale indeed, Congrats and Thanks for sharing!

Did you have to pay anything extra for the broker being involved? Just curious since you said Sedo automatically assigned the broker to handle the transaction after a offer threshold was met. I would assume not but thought I would ask.

Congrats again!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back