IT.COM

Friend with a dozen 3 LETTER .COMS (NOT) Selling them to me for like $50/ea

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CWDigital

Adapt and OvercomeEstablished Member
Impact
Friend with a dozen 3 LETTER .COMS (MAYBE) Selling them to me for like $$$/ea??

Omigod guys I think I may be in....a friend I used to work with has all these domains from back in the internet boom days...he has an email company and has no idea about the value of domains these days...he doesnt even want them really..but said he likes them since they are short and asked a WHOPPING $50 EACH for them! LOL I think I am gonna make some $$$$$$$$$$$ He even said he thinks he has a few 2 letter! Am I dreaming or what...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HellFear said:
That's true, but the person who he found could be a fraud.. If you look at his topic it says "he just found a friend". How can you call someone a friend if you just found them they're offering a dozen 3 LETTER.COMS at a hard to believe price ? It may be true, but be careful on this one.. you don't want to loose the $$$ Chris. :)
I ment that if this was his friend he shouldnt rip him off and buy the domains for $50 each when they are like $5000 each

•••
:hi:

Hey Guys,

This is much to do about nothing.............................It doesn't matter what you post....................This boy is having a lot of fun with all of you.

Would any one of you place a post regarding a dozen 3 letter and one 2 letter .coms before you get them? I know I would not........................

I think this guy buys domains like FatWomenGrowHair.com.............. :hehe:

I think he just wanted some attention............................

Sorry to be so negative but he said his new found friend owns an email business. He also said that his friend doesn't know the value of the domains he is holding. This guys post does not ring TRUE........................

Cheers,

Showcase :p

•••
LOL, I just inherited a hundred 2 letter .COMs

•••
mole said:
LOL, I just inherited a hundred 2 letter .COMs
Can I have one? ;)

•••
•••
Exactly, I read the first page and thought 'hang on' these guys surely aint buying this s*** are they?? This guy was the same guy, which Jeff kindly remembered, had some CEO chasing after him desperate to buy his RYL.us - http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=42082&highlight=ryl.us - and if i remember correctly, everyone then was saying 'way to go Chris'....

Now call me 'old Mr Cynical' but the same bullsh1t detector goes off every time I hear any unsubstantiated claim.

So lets take a deep breath everyone, Its just another googleemail moment passing us by.....

•••
I feel sorry for these people, getting there hopes up so much to see it all berst.

Best of luck to you in getting your 3 letter .coms and the two letter .com

Someone hasto be unlucky or we couldent have unlucky people like rob with forums.com... everyone would just be luck... or somthing...

QBert

•••
To cut to the chase....superdealchris if you can prove you own any 2 letter .com I will
give you all my np$ .Call me the Amazing Randi of domains.

Smile

•••
Well it's somewhat humerous, but at some point don't you have to look at punting these people that troll? I mean how many sales/domains wanted threads did this drivel push to the bottom?

•••
Take away his NB$ and use them in a future contest or something.

•••
So lets take a deep breath everyone, Its just another googleemail moment passing us by.....

:lol:

That was great!

Jennifer

•••
Any updates on this... :zzz:

•••
Let's stop screwing this fellow now!!
It is enough.......:(
:) :)

•••
superprogrammer said:
Let's stop screwing this fellow now!!
It is enough.......:(
:) :)

Whats that for.. He made a thread and he needs to give update now whether it was a fake or real..

If it was real Best of luck to him otherwise he needs lot of luck to make another post...

•••
I don't need an update to tell me that it's not true :p

•••
NameTower said:
I don't need an update to tell me that it's not true :p
Me too!! :)

•••
This thread should be moved to the Break Room :lol:

•••
I just *love* how everyone absolutely knows who is and is not telling the truth, even without them giving any sort of information that would prove them either way. Guilty til proven innocent here concerning this guy lying, is it? Come on folks, even if this is probably not something that happens every day, NONE of you know the truth at all, and making judegments based on no information is very immature and disrespectful, in my humble opinion.

•••
•••
jehnidiah said:
I just *love* how everyone absolutely knows who is and is not telling the truth, even without them giving any sort of information that would prove them either way. Guilty til proven innocent here concerning this guy lying, is it? Come on folks, even if this is probably not something that happens every day, NONE of you know the truth at all, and making judegments based on no information is very immature and disrespectful, in my humble opinion.

i agree! whatever his reason or motive! the man need an opportunity to answer to whatever "charges" against his claims.
otherwise we are nothing more than internet lynch mob!!

for all you know he might be in the hospital with two broken legs!;)

•••
Actually, I think hes the coolest and most entreprenurial member we have (behind the googleebear man, of course).

Cos hes found the bestest and mostest sure fire way of earning name bucks there is.

Hes laughing at all those scouring whois and posting dropped names for a few NB$$. He's simply invented a story that wouldnt take a three year old more than 15 minutes to discredit and then sat back and watched the NB$$ roll in.

Bang! there goes another 2...... ;)

•••
collieri said:
Actually, I think hes the coolest and most entreprenurial member we have (behind the googleebear man, of course).

Cos hes found the bestest and mostest sure fire way of earning name bucks there is.

Hes laughing at all those scouring whois and posting dropped names for a few NB$$. He's simply invented a story that wouldnt take a three year old more than 15 minutes to discredit and then sat back and watched the NB$$ roll in.

Just to be on the safe side, lets not give any opinions about this and wait till Chris gives us updates on this. Who knows, he might be telling the truth. ;)

•••
collieri said:

how's is he getting NP$$ rolling in????this is something new

•••
redhippo said:
how's is he getting NP$$ rolling in????this is something new

-RJ- said:
Last Updated: November 4, 2003
[*]New threads can also receive a bonus of 1 to 15 NP$ based on the number of replies and views by other members.

Voila.

•••
A guy holding several such premium domains like two-letter ones and not knowing their value, even if he's in the email business, wanting to sell for 50 bucks.

That's cool and interesting because, I just found a friend who's in the bridge construction business and he owns the Brooklyn Bridge and doesn't know its value, and selling it for $50.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back