IT.COM

FreeValuator.com - Domain Apraisals. Are they worth the price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Interesting observation! Do you think that valuation was manually added (as I think it's a competitor), or just a random coincidence?

The plural FreeValuator(s).com is worth $560 according to Estibot.

upload_2017-10-5_12-37-14.png

•••
^ Bet it's on purpose. lol. Very clever. :giggle:

•••
•••
On another note: What's the connection between Estibot and Valuate.com?

If I understand correctly, Valuate.com is owned by Francois of Domaining.com?

Per the below 2010 post HERE from Esa (assumed Founder and Co-Owner at the time) Estibot.com was independently owned and Valuate.com used Estibot technology per a back end licensing agreement.

Hi, here's a conclusive answer to the OP's question:

Flipping.co, domaining.com and valuate.com are all under the same ownership and you can use them all with the same domaining.com account.

Estibot.com is independently owned. We do not share account data OR appraisal or user search data with anyone because we are fanatical about privacy. The above mentioned sites use Estibot technology in the back end by a licensing agreement. Data goes only one way, from estibot to the other sites, via API. Estibot.com does not share account data with any of the above services, and the domaining.com network of sites does not share account data with Estibot.

To summarize:
1. Estibot.com does not share account data, account usage history or any other individualized data with anyone.
2. Domaining.com, flipping.co, valuate.com and bargaindomains.com are all part of the same network (of which Estibot.com is NOT a part), and whatever data they share with anyone can only be answered by Francois the owner, who, as far as I know, runs a very transparent business and I'm sure would be happy to answer any of your questions in detail.

Having thus officially separated us from the domaining.com network of sites, I emphasize that we are very happy to collaborate closely with Francois of domaining.com with whom we continue to work together to build better services for domainers.

I hope that answers the questions presented here
Thanks
Esa
Estibot.com founder and co-owner

I do not know what exactly changed since 2010. In 2012, the WHOIS registrant contact was listed as Esa. In 2015, the WHOIS registrant changed from Esa, to Luc (the 2010 WHOIS technical contact)

The current WHOIS still has Luc, of Intellium as Estibot.com owner. Intellium owns DomainIQ.com, Dropping.com, and others HERE

There's a DI article from 2014 about Estibot.com and Valuate.com HERE Francois, the owner of Valuate.com/Domaining.com, stopped by to deliver the below insight to the sights analytics.

upload_2017-10-5_13-9-48.png

Last edited:
•••
I think Estibot has game.

No doubt they have game. But is their game fair? :/

FreeValuator.com didn't devalue Estibot.com...

upload_2017-10-5_13-54-33.png

FreeValuator.com actually appraises Estibot.com more than they value their own domain.
upload_2017-10-5_13-56-7.png

Does anybody know how much Estibot.com valuates Estibot.com? I'm out of Free Estibot queries for the day

•••
I haven't used Valuate in a long time. I was low balled based on a FreeValuator estimate, which was the first I learned of the website.

Made me laugh, thought others would too.

•••
Does anybody know how much Estibot.com valuates Estibot.com? I'm out of Free Estibot queries for the day

According to domainiq, it's unknown. \_(ツ)_/¯

•••
In 2012, the WHOIS registrant contact was listed as Esa. In 2015, the WHOIS registrant changed from Esa, to Luc (the 2010 WHOIS technical contact)

Taking a closer look at the historical WHOIS of Estibot...

8 November 2014 - WHOIS registrant is Esa. (Registrant City and State: Glenview, IL) ENOM
17 November 2014 - WHOIS changes to Uniregistry privacy
2 December 2014 - WHOIS registrant changes to Luc of Intellium (Registrant City and State: Glenview, IL)

I haven't used Valuate in a long time. I was low balled based on a FreeValuator estimate, which was the first I learned of the website.

Can you share the domain / valuation? If you'd rather not, I understand (no pressure)

Made me laugh, thought others would too.

I'm definitely getting a kick out of it! I think I had a Estibot.com account before I heard of NamePros. I might share my noobie experiences with these appraisal services. Might be able to dig up some possibly embarrassing emails that demonstrate why noob domainers shouldn't rely on appraisal services.

•••
Can you share the domain / valuation? If you'd rather not, I understand (no pressure)

WashingtonRv.com, $400+, estibot was 800+

I'm definitely getting a kick out of it! I think I had a Estibot.com account before I heard of NamePros. I might share my noobie experiences with these appraisal services. Might be able to dig up some possibly embarrassing emails that demonstrate why noob domainers shouldn't rely on appraisal services.

Yep. :0

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back