IT.COM

alert Fraud Alert: One person using multiple accounts - chargebacks and domains not delivered for years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
The story starts with one mistake from my side, when I forget to delist one domain sold a few days earlier. The guy post SOLD, I send him my paypal and he's paying...after half of hour when I wanted to push the domains, I notice that I don't own one of them anymore, apologize and I'm telling him to choose another name or I will refund his 2$.
After that, he starts being aggressive and say something like his in domaining for years but never happend something like this in his entire life....now, I start thinking how come a guy with an account opened a few days before can be so aggressive and can say that his domaining all his life, so I start checking what I can about him. This is the result of my investigation:

The guy has multiple namepros accounts, most of them he's using them for a few months, do some chargebacks or not paying for domains after he take's possession, closing them and opening new one's. He has also multiple paypal accounts and also multiple ebay accounts and he's doing it at least from 2009, but he's bragging on some sites that he's in domaining from 2002

His name is Randall Ford Ruben,( using alternatively Randy Ruben or Ford Ruben as well) and his using also Abbe Orteza or Mike Garey(probably others as well) also his using some companies names, like: Domain Administrators of America LLC and Domain Pawn, Domain Pawn Shop, the main address is from Van Nuys, California, 54 years old, but he uses addresses from Arizona and Tucson and Canada as well, his current username is gotchadomains, 25 days old account, buying, selling and bidding on tens of domains, so the same 'modus operandi' as the other accounts
  1. He uses multiple emails and phone numbers, I have found at least 7 of them, but for sure there are more:
    [email protected] (this is the main one)
  2. [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
  3. [email protected]
    [email protected] ( this email used for paypal - even the description of the payment is- 'gone gone domains', so probably a sign)

He owns close to 2k domains, 90% of them adult domains.

These are the namepros accounts that I have found related to him:
    gotchadomains- this is his current username
    domainsupermarket- closed in 2009 after non payment of tens of domains:
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192
    This is his domain blog from 2009, you can see that both, the username and him owned the same domains: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/ and a whois check from 2009 will show exactly the same thing
    tropicaldomains- closed in 2017 after multiple bad reviews, this username and his email address [email protected] owned in the same time multiple domains https://www.namepros.com/threads/hackanyone-com.995098/
    crazydomaindeals- closed in 2010, after multiple bad reviews, the username and his email address showed that it's the same person, owning the same domains: https://www.namepros.com/threads/premiumbacklinks-org-1-start-auction.767656/
    brandxdomains- this account is still live, he's using as well the email address: [email protected] with this account, they look and act the same: multiple domains related to them in the same time, most of them adult domains and a buying and selling rush
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/cliqqo-com-dysner-bricle-clearzo-1-start-lot.847779/
    He has lots of activity on tens of forums, selling domains on adult forums as well, he has lots of ebay accounts closing them every few weeks and opening others, but keeps also one main account.
  4. If you google his domains and email addresses you can find lots of complains like this one, from ripoffreport: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...ld-me-a-domain-name-but-did-not-transf-988444
I wonder how come nobody noticed in the last 10 years what this guy is doing and why the users who were cheated by him( I know at least 30-40 namepros users) didn't complaint enough so that he can be discovered earlier. Please share if you have any new email or name used by this guy, maybe we will find out the full extent of the story.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So let me get this straight.

You are at fault for selling a name you do not own(at the time you sold it).

The buyer gets frustrated as a result..

You are offended that the buyer is upset at something they have aright to be upset about.

You are starting a whole investigation on the buyer, because they are upset at something that's your mistake..

But who knows... in the process of your witch hunt,you may have discovered something.

At this point, I don't know if this thread is about a boy or girl. lol

You're researching game is on point lol

•••
So let me get this straight.

You are at fault for selling a name you do not own(at the time you sold it).

The buyer gets frustrated as a result..

You are offended that the buyer is upset at something they have aright to be upset about.

You are starting a whole investigation on the buyer, because they are upset at something that's your mistake..

But who knows... in the process of your witch hunt,you may have discovered something.

At this point, I don't know if this thread is about a boy or girl. lol

You're researching game is on point lol
So, to make it clear one more time, it's my mistake and I said it from the first paragraph, but it's a mistake, like it happens with others trading with me on a weekly basis- payment after the pay limit is due, misread a domain, or didn't realize that they can't open an account at that registrar for push, or they are changing their mind right after the buy, or something unexpected is happening and they can't pay and lots of stuff like this, but it was never an issue and I will never give a negative review for something like this. If you pay after 5 weeks or change your mind after weeks, than it's an issue, because you had enough time to notice the mistake. Also, saying that I wanted to fraud him for 2$ because of a honest mistake, you would get upset as well, believe me. Also, when you are doing what are you doing and doing it for years( at least 8), be a smart crock and keep a low profile, don't go insulting and threatening peoples. Probably he got to cocky, knowing that nobody noticed for years and start acting aggressive. Mostly, he is a guy in his 50's, with a full time job of cheating peoples. When you find some of his names sold in the same time by different accounts at ebay, some from Arizona/California some from Canada, the same emails being associated with frauds on other websites and forums, when you find complaints all over internet about him, than you start realizing the scale of all this.

Last edited:
•••
thank you @boker I appreciate your research and posts.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Thank You @boker for your research and for the post..

•••
I should emphasize this again:
Most of the incidents on these accounts have been due to failing to complete a deal in a timely manner, such as agreeing to buy a domain and then deciding not to go through with the deal

While we do take those failed agreements seriously and remove access to our marketplace if it keeps happening, those rule violations are not as bad as theft or shill bidding.

The only instance of an unforgivable-until-made-right violation on NamePros (that we know about) is from 2009: https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/

Until the money from 2009 is refunded, this member will not be allowed to use our marketplace.

I hope that helps,

•••

While we do take those failed agreements seriously and remove access to our marketplace if it keeps happening, those rule violations are not as bad as theft or shill bidding.

The only instance of an unforgivable-until-made-right violation on NamePros (that we know about) is from 2009: https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/

Until the money from 2009 is refunded, this member will not be allowed to use our marketplace.

I hope that helps,
What about if he uses at least two of his accounts to bid on the same auction? Is that allowed? From only one search on one page only, domainauthorities and brandxdomains, has bid with both his accounts on 14 different auctions: https://www.namepros.com/search/15507851/?page=2&q=domainauthorities&o=relevance
So, if you do an average of auctions where he was active, probably he has hundreds of auctions where he was bidding with two accounts in the same time.

Last edited:
•••
What about if he uses at least two of his accounts to bid on the same auction? Is that allowed? From only one search on one page only, domainauthorities and brandxdomains, has bid with both his accounts on 14 different auctions: https://www.namepros.com/search/15507851/?page=2&q=domainauthorities&o=relevance
So, if you do an average of auctions where he was active, probably he has hundreds of auctions where he was bidding with two accounts in the same time.
Due to the issue in 2009, the member wasn't allowed to use the marketplace at that time, so it was not allowed.

If you're asking a more general question about whether two perfectly legitimate accounts, both run by the same business person, are both allowed to bid in an unrelated third-party's auction, then the answer is yes. I don't know of any reason that would ever be a problem. It would simply be a matter of convenience for the bidder based on whichever account they were currently using. If you disagree, then you may create a new thread in our feedback forum, and we'll be happy to consider your opinion.

Thanks,

•••
It looks like the person in question tried to pay in 2009, it's just that the seller didn't want to accept a physical check and insisted on paypal. If I won an auction and suddenly couldn't pay in PayPal, I would be forced to try a different payment method. . . if I wasn't allowed to pay with a different method then it's unfair that I would be called a scammer lol?

•••
It looks like the person in question tried to pay in 2009, it's just that the seller didn't want to accept a physical check and insisted on paypal. If I won an auction and suddenly couldn't pay in PayPal, I would be forced to try a different payment method. . . if I wasn't allowed to pay with a different method then it's unfair that I would be called a scammer lol?
The domains were never returned to the seller. All of those domains are technically stolen.

•••
i'd like to know whatever happened to this guy ? any updates .

•••
i'd like to know whatever happened to this guy ? any updates .
Most of his known accounts are closed, except one, brandxdomains, which is restricted, but new info regarding his emails and names used could be find out in the future, like the info about him using Lorena Vila as his name.

•••
It's like trying to explain to a small child. First of all, if you will try to pay by check from US to Europe, it could take ages, most bank don't accept foreign checks and even the one's who accept, will charge you a big chunck of cash, so nobody trading for xx or low xxx will accept something like this. Also, was proved that he was using multiple paypal accounts, so he could use another one to pay and in the same he sold some of the same names and bought new one's, so he could use his paypal for sure.

•••
@Jv1999
The domains were never returned to the seller. All of those domains are technically stolen.

I'm curious is the same person still have another id perhaps he got inactive namepros id specially used only for stalking and reading LOL or even worst he did have another id and use it for agitating right on this thread....

•••
@Jv1999

I'm curious is the same person still have another id perhaps he got inactive namepros id specially used only for stalking and reading LOL or even worst he did have another id and use it for agitating right on this thread....
I don't think that it's the same person, but in 9 years he could make some friends and also the story was that they were a few of them in the same team at the beginning( called investors), so you could not know who are the rest of them.

•••
@Jv1999

Lol. Okay. I'm just trying to say you're all drinking boker's koolaid when even eric said he only stole domains a single time and that was in 2009, when he actually did try to pay using a check. Boker started out saying he scammed multiple people across a decade. Turns out he only scammed one person and everything else is just winning auctions and not paying.

But he also made over thousands of legitimate transactions with many people where nothing went wrong. That's why Eric is still allowing him to bid and participate in the marketplace.

Boker's just butthurt about his negative review, and that's all I was trying to point out. Brandx scammed one person almost a decade ago, but still made countless honest deals with all of his multiple accounts. It's not even profitable to steal $45 domains but spend 8 years and over $3,000 trying to cover it up?

•••
Lol. Okay. I'm just trying to say you're all drinking boker's koolaid when even eric said he only stole domains a single time and that was in 2009, when he actually did try to pay using a check. Boker started out saying he scammed multiple people across a decade. Turns out he only scammed one person and everything else is just winning auctions and not paying.

But he also made over thousands of legitimate transactions with many people where nothing went wrong. That's why Eric is still allowing him to bid and participate in the marketplace.

Boker's just butthurt about his negative review, and that's all I was trying to point out. Brandx scammed one person almost a decade ago, but still made countless honest deals with all of his multiple accounts. It's not even profitable to steal $45 domains but spend 8 years and over $3,000 trying to cover it up?
I'm curious where did you saw the 45$ domains, because I could not see the amount. Maybe you know more than you should. Also, Eric is talking about the things happened at namepros, you just keep your eyes closed and you act like you can't see the ripoffreport's, or the blog talking about craiglist scammers connected to his email addresses or his names which were sold in the same time by 7 different ebay accounts. Or the simply fact that paypal has started an investigation about all his accounts. I start believing Imezi that you're more than a simply fan of him. What about this guy, who complains that his lying saying that the transfer was canceled, do you think that he started the chargeback and keept the name as well? https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/crazydomaindeals.171918/view/for?page=25 Or what do you think about this guy, who complains about not receiving the domain after he paid https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/domainauthorities.979775/view/for
The story is that he was active in 3-4k threads, but the history let us check only the last 10 pages, so we can only check 5% of what he was doing...try to figure out was he was doing in the rest of 95% of the time.

•••
I'm curious where did you saw the 45$ domains, because I could not see the amount. Maybe you know more than you should. Also, Eric is talking about the things happened at namepros, you just keep your eyes closed and you act like you can't see the ripoffreport's, or the blog talking about craiglist scammers connected to his email addresses or his names which were sold in the same time by 7 different ebay accounts. Or the simply fact that paypal has started an investigation about all his accounts. I start believing Imezi that you're more than a simply fan of him. What about this guy, who complains that his lying saying that the transfer was canceled, do you think that he started the chargeback and keept the name as well? https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/crazydomaindeals.171918/view/for?page=25 Or what do you think about this guy, who complains about not receiving the domain after he paid https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/domainauthorities.979775/view/for
The story is that he was active in 3-4k threads, but the history let us check only the last 10 pages, so we can only check 5% of what he was doing...try to figure out was he was doing in the rest of 95% of the time.

You're definitely right and obviously not grasping at straws. The jig is up, I am brandx. Legit dude you got me. I was definitely using a computer to buy and sell donains in 2009. You're so good at exposing scammers.

•••
You're definitely right and obviously not grasping at straws. The jig is up, I am brandx. Legit dude you got me. I was definitely using a computer to buy and sell donains in 2009. You're so good at exposing scammers.
Nobody said that you're brandx, you don't sound smart enough to scam peoples for over 8 years...but you could be one of his daughters or scam friends( so called 'investors'). Doesn't matter, it seems that you're the only one trying to defend him, even the biggest criminals have their believers.

•••
Nobody said that you're brandx, you don't sound smart enough to scam peoples for over 8 years...but you could be one of his daughters or scam friends( so called 'investors'). Doesn't matter, it seems that you're the only one trying to defend him, even the biggest criminals have their believers.
There's at least 3 people who called you out some pages back, but they're right. It's not really worth it trying to say something other than what you're saying. They have domaining to do

•••
There's at least 3 people who called you out some pages back, but they're right. It's not really worth it trying to say something other than what you're saying. They have domaining to do
Yes, who said that their sold him lots of domains...so it's more important to sell, doesn't matter that the one who's buying is using money from scamming others.

•••
I appreciate @boker `s afford on finding those bad seeds upon us.

Keep up the good work @boker

(y)

•••
Umm, no idea where you jumped from Brandx (and associated account) and connected them to DomainSupermarket? Eric gave an unrelated but relevant example of the only person who's banned from the marketplace. Quoting his post:

I hope that helps,

I don't see it mentioned or even hinted anywhere that DomainSupermarket is/was related to Brandx or any of the other banned accounts related to Brandx...

•••
Umm, no idea where you jumped from Brandx (and associated account) and connected them to DomainSupermarket? Eric gave an unrelated but relevant example of the only person who's banned from the marketplace. Quoting his post:

I don't see it mentioned or even hinted anywhere that DomainSupermarket is/was related to Brandx or any of the other banned accounts related to Brandx...
This is from Eric a few posts ago:

Confirmed account matches of member @BrandXDomains:
  1. @domainauctioneers
  2. @DomainSupermarket
  3. @crazydomaindeals
  4. @DomainAuthorities
  5. @TropicalDomains
  6. @DomainLiquidators
  7. @DomainFactory
  8. @DomainDisposers
  9. @Mike Garey
  10. @GotchaDomains
As you can see domainsupermarket is at number 2. I've sent Eric all the screenshots connecting them.

This is a quote from what I was saying on the second page of this thread, check it yourself:

It's a perfect match with gotchadomains, brandxdomains and the others. You can see here some of domainsupermarket domains, trying to sell them: https://www.namepros.com/threads/hot-keyword-domain-names-for-sale-submit-your-offers.596222/, and here at his blog you can see the same email address rford62gmail.com and some of the same domains from the thread, like knottshairyfarm.com: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/, and the same email address [email protected] you will find it if you check some of domains for sale of gotchadomains whois, where he doesn't have privacy. From what I can see, the connection is complete.

Last edited:
•••
what do you think about this guy, who complains about not receiving the domain after he paid https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/domainauthorities.979775/view/for
I spoke with @StrahinjaS1, and he said that the money was refunded to him.

Just to clarify, those confirmed account matches mean that the same person used all of those accounts at least once. It's possible that the @DomainSupermarket account was used by multiple investors and @BrandXDomains happened to be one of them. If that is the case, then it's also possible that BrandXDomains was not the person behind DomainSupermarket at the time of that 2009 deal (It could have been one of their partners).

However, as far as we are concerned, everyone that has ever used those accounts is held responsible until the domains are returned or they are paid for.

Hope that helps,

•••
NamePros received a PayPal claim/dispute regarding @GotchaDomains for making a payment to us without the account holder's permission. It was an account upgrade payment for @GotchaDomains. We called PayPal and PayPal confirmed that this member did not have the account holder's permission to use the following PayPal account:

Buyer Name: Ruben Ford
Buyer Email: [email protected]
Transaction Amount: $10.00 USD
Transaction Date: Sep 9, 2017
Reason for Dispute: Unauthorized Use of PayPal Account
Date of Complaint: Sep 17, 2017​

Making fraudulent payments/disputes is highly unethical.

Update: NamePros received another dispute (chargeback at the banking level) regarding @TropicalDomains ( Email: [email protected] ). The charge backs were granted by their financial institution so it appears that possibly fake or stolen information was used to pay for an account upgrade.

Rachelle Petalver
Visa debit card: x 6065
521 W Spearhead Rd
Oro Valley, AZ, 85737, US / United States​

Proper due diligence is always a good idea before accepting payments from anyone.

Hope that helps,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back