NameSilo

Frank Schilling - Uni - Uniregistry Announces Domain Liquidity

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News started by Vito, May 27, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. YairDD

YairDD Established Member

Titanium glass is a thing.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. KRajmys

KRajmys Established Member

Nice brand able domain IMO.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  3. korganian

korganian Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There is good reason why that name was chosen. I would not sell it for $300 either. :xf.wink:
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081219172129.htm

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/titanium-glass-sheet.html

4. namemarket

namemarket Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I find it odd it was discovered 11 long years ago in 2008 but not well known today to the point I can go to a retail store or car window replacements to buy strong titanium-glass windows. Maybe it's marketed under a different name, or not as strong as it sounds?

5. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Member VIP

So you expect someone wholesale offer $5K for EthExchange? And for how much would they be selling it for then? $50K?

Honestly, I'd pass that name at closeouts. That name is suitable for starting an exchange dealing in ethereum, which is probably not the best idea, as why would someone limit themselves to 1 out of hundreds option? And even if someone would come up with that idea, why would they go with EthExchange if they probably have much better options at that budget and for that business that probably requires 7 figures to start? Eth is not the same as Ethereum, by the way.

This should be a wake up call for you that you are wasting $xxx/name on portfolio that will prove hard to liquidate.

6. YairDD

No, I would sell it for $5k to an enduser as well. this is just the lowest I would sell it for, no matter if it is a wholesale or an enduser.

The idea of that domain is an exchange for ETH to ERC-20 tokens. ETH is the token of the Ethereum technology, what do you mean Eth isn't ethereum?

7. Recons.Com

Noticed the same. Probably, they discovered it, but it is not commercially feasible or might never be. For example, if square inch costed $100K to make and there is little hope to bring the cost down in the future. Titanium is pretty expensive metal to waste it on glass. Will probably find a rare application in super hitech areas, like space exploration etc.

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP

Yes, I think the service is valuable and an ideal fit for those who want to , due to retirement or other reasons, get out of domains. This does happen all the time, and the convenience of finding a single buyer and immediate sale, even if much less than they could have got by waiting a few years, is well worth it in my opinion.I think we should welcome this initiative. It does not mean any of us needs to use it if we do not want to.

Bob

9. Recons.Com

What I mean is that Eth is a code for Ethereum, thus even more limited. For example, if you own a 4L.com that happens to be an exchange code for a large company, they will probably never try to buy it.

You know the costs of building a secure exchange and promoting it? Why would someone limit themselves to this only and why would they want this name for that??

10. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

... dilemma: retail vs wholesale.

However, a single $300 sale does not worth manual processing (time and efforts: push, or unlock/transfer, send payment, receive payment, etc etc) to begin with. If it is fast transfer such as afternic with 100% automation - then it would be another story.

11. YairDD

Found this in 5 seconds
    https://ethersweep.com/

12. namemarket

Price. Titanium is usually cheaper than white gold. However, because of its hardness, titanium is not as easy to work with. ... In such cases, the additional labor costs may make price of a titanium ring comparable to that of a white gold one (or even higher)...

So how can such costly material be used in a retail product with very low pricing like glass?

13. Recons.Com

And? You should also spent few second reading and grasping.

1. They chose ether not eth

2. They chose sweep not exchange and probably had tens of other free options to go with

3. They talk about converting, not exchanging. I hope you understand the difference

14. YairDD

I read a lot.
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

15. korganian

korganian Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Actually it's already being manufactured and sold. I provided a second link in my post above to show that.

I think the reason we have not heard about it is simply because no one has promoted it to the public. This is why branding is so powerful and why the right domain name can make a big difference in public awareness to how your product stands out in quality from your competition.

16. YairDD

And what about $3k for BitcoinSwap, am I also exaggerating with the price?

17. namemarket

How much more costly titanium is in a pane of glass vs gold in a wedding ring, would seem like a lot more,

If commercially viable at retail pricing (which seems very unlikely) a car window replacement firm could advertise the use of titanium-glass and become a huge success with such a strong marketing advantage so If that can happen the domain would be valued far more than only $300.

18. Recons.Com

What swap means to you? You normally exchange bitcoins, not swap them.

I think your problem is not understanding some intricacies of English language...

You can swap cars, for example, but they'd be different in make, model, look, color etc.

You cannot swap dollars, because, well, that would be pointless. I give a $100 bill, you give me ... a $100 bill.

19. Recons.Com

Please browse through the links at the page you provided. "Titanium" there is much different from what is in the scientific article. It refers more to the color/look and has nothing to do with the durable glass that can bend instead of breaking.

20. Kachi

Kachi Established Member

They made offer on one name and not the portfolio?

21. YairDD

That's correct.

22. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Response about titanium glass was received in 4 hours. So, they did not go that far... Most likely, Frank (his team) determined that a) there is no TM b) the technology may possibly appear in real life soon.

If the domain owner found the same - then imho the best bet would be not to sell the domain at this time. I mean do not sell it at all. Neither for $300 (which I still beleive is a fair wholesale value at this time), nor for any other amount. If the bet wins - then enduser will appear earlier or later and the price would be higher (vs. today). If not - ok, not a big loss.

I've heard about "mixers" in bitcoin ecosystem. One can send his bitcoins to a "pool" just to receive them back (with a small commission), from another address and to another address. I did not try it myself though, had no need to. This scheme is supposed to make coins even less traceable. Theoretically speaking, it is "bitcoin swap". The question is - do such services need a premium dotcom domain

23. Recons.Com

Basically, you are stating yourself that it is a "mixer". Swap normally assumes 2 counterparts. And, probably no one is spending xxxx$ to create a shady platform.

24. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Founder, Brand Once Moderator Gold Account VIP

Very interesting. Just what I thought. What the vast database of buyers they have, it might be pretty easy for them to find buyers, so I am not really surprised that they say they have a buyer for the name. Something is not making sense to me though, if they have a buyer then why make the offer non-negotiable?

This also shows that they are considering for all names and also for all sizes of portfolios submitted, you submitted only six names as you said, that is not big at all. If you accepted, were you going to get the 300 full or were they going to charge you commission? Since you declined their offer, then I guess you did not ask this question.

25. droned

droned Established Member

Does uni accepts Top-Level Domains?
    .life .estate?
    Thanks

Last edited: May 31, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!