NameSilo

Frank Schilling - Uni - Uniregistry Announces Domain Liquidity

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by Vito, May 27, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. End Game

End Game Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Sometimes you can predict the future based on the past. What’s going to happen won’t depend on what we discuss here.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. anunt

anunt Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

who else wasted an hour reading this thread

i wish i can go back in time and get this hour back

3. End Game

End Game Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I think the concept is interesting and worth the read. I could dream and think they would pay me $500/domain, but in reality I know it’s not even worth sending them my portfolio. If it brings some type of competition, for other firms to build some type of reserve and portfolio bidding system, then that’s a nice positive for domain owners.

4. Vito

Vito Domain Names Matter VIP Trusted Contest Holder ★★★★★★★★★★

In light of this newest updated post from Frank...

I find this comment from @End Game extremely intriguing.

"If it brings some type of competition, for other firms to build some type of reserve and portfolio bidding system, then that’s a nice positive for domain owners"

Anything is possible.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  5. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

6. RevolutionaryDomains

RevolutionaryDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

7. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

8. GenericDomainz

GenericDomainz Account Closed (Disallowed)

They will not ever pay 2 million dollars to NoName. Lol, lol :xf.grin:

Guys consider that's a live people from New York, greedy, greedy, that love only Money, their own.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  9. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Contributor VIP

Based on the names submitted in the "domains wanted" section on namepros...I think frank is in for some 'pigeon sh*t'. It will be like sifting through a dropped domains list, where you wonder who drugged someone to register these names.

As far as whether it's a good idea....I think it's too early to jump to conclusions.
    You can't make judgments without evidence. We have to hear from people who legitimately submitted decent to good names and see what they were offered. Measure it to see if it work out worst or better if someone were to post those names here on namepros or somewhere else.

With announcements like this, you really don't have to debate...time will tell the tale..and make all things clear. One day this industry will have a disruption. I mean some innovation that will be good, but different from what we have seen before. Yellow taxis won't always run the show.

10. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

OK, this just got confirmed:

Frank will pay a Shilling or two per domain name in the portfolio. That translates to roughly $5 to $10 [er name )

11. YairDD

YairDD Top Contributor VIP

Huh?
    even if it's a super premium domain?

12. KRajmys

KRajmys Established Member

Did you get a email from them for your portfolio? Do u mind sharing the names and the price they offered?
    Just curious to know if I was all right from the beginning :xf.smile::xf.smile:

13. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Contributor VIP

confirmed? fill us in...

14. Ategy

Ategy NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.com VIP Gold Account

As much as I want to "like" and laugh at your Frank "Schilling" joke .. I just can't because there are too many people here who don't get the difference between fact, opinion and sarcasm! lol

You've opened a can of potentially liquid worms here ...

ADDED ... It's a JOKE people ... Frank SCHILLING !!!

All this in the time it took me to write the above .. lol

15. Recons.Com

Now I feel myself as a person lonely walking in the gallery full of robots )) For the second time in a day ))

I am off to watch Star Trek or Person of Interest )))

16. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Being an intermediary between portfolio buyers and portfolio sellers seems to be an interesting idea.

However, the first question. Is the following scenario possible:

1. Purchase portfolio if you see at least 5% good domains (and 95% trash). It is obvious enough that the portfolio should be purchased in full, and without telling the seller what domains (5%+) are good as per internal valuation

2. Transfer the best domains to Frank

3. Offer the remaining 95%, mixed with others, to "I am a buyer" buyers who were asked to show up

17. Recons.Com

Yeah, doubt it will work like that.

It would kill the whole idea right away.

There is no need for him to do that.

Basically, he'd treat the whole portfolio as, let's say, one valuable name (an equivalent of LLL.com or LL.com even). For such name, he wouldn't be asking 20% commission. He'd be happy with 5% to 10% if it doesn't involve much extra work.

What he can do is to have a first look and if the portfolio is really good, try and negotiate for himself. If it is something that is fine, but he personally is not interested, he could offer to subscribed buyers (maybe, he'll keep it completely clean and commit that he won't be buying/competing/skimming).

If this is the case, it could become a good tool. For those exiting, heirs, estates, having different investment opportunity, cutting losses etc.

18. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, it is the key... And, no information from Uni so far.

As a side note, Frank is now also bombarded with "portfolios" of 2-5 domains. He should probably limit the size to at least 500 domains min. Or, the whole scheme will die and soon.

19. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

I think this is very good. You lose nothing by sending your names to them and if you receive an offer, you can then evaluate if it is acceptable to you. I believe many people are ready to sell their domains if they receive an acceptable offer.

20. IPBFlippers

IPBFlippers Established Member

Just submitted 5 names. Nothing to lose. No harm in trying. Let's see how it goes.

21. YairDD

I just got a response from them regarding a domain I submitted.

How much would you value TitaniumGlass in king for a reseller price + enduser. I want to compare with the price they offered me.

22. KRajmys

Its a .in domain?

23. YairDD

no. it's .com

24. KRajmys

Im not much aware on this niche domain, but I checked in godaddy domain appraisal valued at 3628$ and estibot values it at 340$. Looks like a good traffic domain name.

I think a reseller price of 100$-250$ as something good. But again Im not much aware of this niche.

End user price should be 1500$+.

25. KRajmys

@YairDD Now share the quote they offered.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice