Four letter .org on Afternic goes for $7500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
WOW vnis.org High for .org don't you think? Must have been the right buyer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That looks like a very steep price for a 4-letter .org. I'm not sure it's worth a tenth of that, even in .com. But then again, for the right end-user $7,500 is within the realm of the possible.

•••
Yes
vnis must have been a meaning attached for the end user..

•••
Why I never got a luck like that?:(

•••
Maybe the VSIC Network of Innovative Schools (VNIS) bought it...

•••
Videobox.com just wnet for $7,000 and xmovie.com $4488

•••
Really vnis.org for 7500? Wow, I got some domains worth millions then. Did anyone actually bid that much or is it one of those "ebay specials"?

•••
VNIS.com is Veterans News and Information Source

Perhaps vnis.com bought it. Or maybe an anti-war group bought it.

•••
Correction VNIS.com is Veterans News and Information Service

Ditto

•••
•••
VNIS.ORG $7500 ???

VectorNet Integrated Solutions
Last Updated On:27-Feb-2004 09:17:19 UTC

If whois changes, I may believe it

If Duke reports it, I will believe it.

Yea, it is unbelievable, forget it for now.

•••
This would make all the "Domain Appraisers" look like a fool!

•••
johnn said:
This would make all the "Domain Appraisers" look like a fool!

I respectfully disagree. Those appraising a domain like VNIS.org would do so based on its being a seemingly-random 4-letter .org. Given the abundance of these critters, their probable value is reg fee or less. If one were to buy them all, then sure a handful of them may eventually sell for a good $XXXX amount, meanwhile the rest will be causing an annual loss of several million $. On the average, and without foreknowledge of end-user interest, then random 4-letter .org are a terrible investment.

•••
armstrong said:
I respectfully disagree. Those appraising a domain like VNIS.org would do so based on its being a seemingly-random 4-letter .org. Given the abundance of these critters, their probable value is reg fee or less. If one were to buy them all, then sure a handful of them may eventually sell for a good $XXXX amount, meanwhile the rest will be causing an annual loss of several million $. On the average, and without foreknowledge of end-user interest, then random 4-letter .org are a terrible investment.

I don't mean in this case but in general register fee would apply for a generic 4-letter .org unless it's pronounceable.

The domain name market is a very strange market and there is no rules of apprasing a generic domain name (there are exceptions for the obvious names: business.com, stock.com, etc...)

There are some guide lines about pricing for 3 letter .com or .net but for the end users - The sky is the limit.

Just my 2 pennies.

John

•••
homebuyer said:
Perhaps vnis.com bought it. Or maybe an anti-war group bought it.

What's the connection between VNIS and an anti-war group? :-/

•••
Hmm. Sounds a little like Venus to me. Just a thought.

It's great for the seller that it sold for that much.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back