IT.COM

advice Former owner forgot to delist domain

NameSilo
Watch

zomainhacks

Top Member
Impact
A while ago I acquired an expiring domain name and I tried to outbound it. I listed it at DAN but I forgot to check if it was arleady listed on other platforms. Long story short, I've just checked and there are 2 bids on my domains on godaddy auctions.

I have contacted afternic and they asked me to send a screenshot of my registrar dashbord to show I'm the owner. I don't know if I will be able to see the bids and I'm worried I lost a sale for this reason.

I never received a reply by the people I sent the outbound mails, but I suspect they saw the mail and simply went on godaddy to see if the name was available. Don't know why but they haven't made bids on DAN even if the domain points to the DAN sale page.

Any advice or suggestions is welcomed

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Almost all my domains point to Dan landers, but more than 50% of my sales are through afternic / GoDaddy. Godaddy seems to be the go to for domain novices. There have been multiple instances where I’ve been negotiating with someone on Dan, only to have them end up making the purchase through afternic. I’d recommend always checking for a prior listing on afternic when listing a new domain for sale.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic acts as brokerage for MakeOffer domains...
So they can inform you about the most recent buyer/bidder...
I don't see a big problem here...

•••
Afternic acts as brokerage for MakeOffer domains...
So they can inform you about the most recent buyer/bidder...
I don't see a big problem here...
Hope it's as you said! By phone they seemed suspicious, it's not the first time I call them to ask for a delisting but this time they asked me the screenshot.

•••
If GDPR or Privacy enabled by you - they can't recheck it via WHOIS...
That's why screenshot.

•••
If GDPR or Privacy enabled by you - they can't recheck it via WHOIS...
That's why screenshot.
I've sent the the screenshot and I asked via mail if they can send me the past bids. Hope everything will go fine. In the outbound mails I made clear I was looking for offers in the X.XXX range. This one could be my first XXXX sale, don't want lose it :xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
Afternic removed the past listing but said I can "recover" past bids... So sad.

Someone knows if the past bidders will be informed about the fact the domain has be relisted??

Last edited:
•••
I had delisted a domain from godaddy one time but when an offer came, they emailed me and negotiated on my behalf. Not sure about auction. What was the bid for?

•••
I had delisted a domain from godaddy one time but when an offer came, they emailed me and negotiated on my behalf. Not sure about auction. What was the bid for?
I don't know the amount of the bids because when they were made the listing was not on my account (even if I actually was the real owner of the domain)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back