Dynadot

question For what niche .TOP domains are used for? Any resale value?

NameSilo
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
I see .top domain sales showing next to .xyz & .online.
Is that used for any particular niche?
Do they have any aftermarket demand if I wanted to sell it?

I was about to register .shop & .store domains for a particular niche and just thought of doing some research before that.
Then found .top has more sales next to .xyz (My domain name is not available on that or any other top tld).
Just thought of checking.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spam niche :ROFL:
almost each 5 of .top domain is used for that
check https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/tlds/
+
people are buying .top as it's cheaper

1672556869735.png

Last edited:
•••
Spam niche :ROFL:
almost each 5 of .top domain is used for that
+
people are buying .top as it's cheaper
Great. Thank you for the info. I was thinking if I have to consider .top as well now.
Btw, do you have any idea about .shop & .store? If they are good, which one seems to have a better prospect? Though both the sales are very low compared to other extensions, the extensions look meaningful for many domains. But I just don't want to buy because I like it.

•••
Great. Thank you for the info. I was thinking if I have to consider .top as well now.
Btw, do you have any idea about .shop & .store? If they are good, which one seems to have a better prospect? Though both the sales are very low compared to other extensions, the extensions look meaningful for many domains. But I just don't want to buy because I like it.
If you wanna to start a shop/store, and don't want to overpay domainers :ROFL:, welcome
Resale value only for TOP words like: dress, beauty, fashion, camping ... .shop (99%+ of them are taken)

I have .com domains with words: Dress, Moto, Jewelry, Diet, Fashion, Pleasers, at my small portfolio (around 30%)
imo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. As for me you are smart and know domaining.
It's New Year, so I slept less than usual, will write you true:

Buy, we live only once!
Do all you want in life, if it's good
, don't be greedy to yourself, to your dreams, to your passion.

Happy New Year 2023 🎄🌲🌴🐇🐰

Last edited:
•••
One of the problems of .TOP is the English pronunciation:
"... dot top", the two t side by side that have to be pronounced with a pause in between.

I can't judge how big such a pronunciation problem can be for the success of a gTLD

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back