IT.COM

guide For Noob: Domaining Without Money

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cebe

Established Member
Impact
Hi there Newbie

Just for newbie, like me. If you want to learn about domaining, to know about worth domain, value domain without money you can make method:
1. Register and create account at SquadHelp.com
2. Join contest. Although hard to be winner contest but easy to get point. If contest holder rate your entries Love it, Like it, On the track, you will get Point.
3. Submit unregistered domain to marketplace. SH pays for registration costs if approved. Requires 10 points.

* If approved, who will register the domain?
Select i prefer squadhelp register the domain
If approved, you will receive
  • 25% commission if domain sells in first year.
  • 22.5% commission if domain sells in second year.
  • 20% commission if domain sells in third year.
Note: SH will pay for renewal fees.

4. Click agreement and submit
5. After that status domain will pending review/pending approval
6. If approved and your domain on SH Marketplace Listings that means your domain is quality domain, appraisal price and Worth.

So, you can domaining without lost money. Sorry, my english is poor. i make google translate. :)

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is about the WORSE way to make money in domaining I have ever heard.

•••

Okay. That's just for noob, not for expert. Have any best method for domaining? Share with us, please :)

•••

You may have missed the part where it says "domaining without money."

In the no-money context, I'd say the advices above are pretty good.

•••
No. I have not missed a thing. Let's put it this way. You have a better positive expectancy looking for pennies at the local walmart parking lot than subject your pride and shame to that method.

It really is fascinating...the human psyche and the propensity for fallacies.

•••
I would say this might be a good method to start out as a domainer as you don't have any financial risk. However, and I think that is what BlackCats refers to (besided his weird pride part), you should not expect a lot of returns. With this method, I expect somebody, especially a newbie, to wait for the first sale for a long time.

What I like about it is they get a much better feeling for domaining before they start spending money on it. However, I would like to stress out that contest winners are really not reflecting the domain industry. I don't mean the people winning contests, but the domains winning contests. I have seen horrible domains I would not even register win contests. Of course, apparently it was the right domain for that contest holder. But regging names off of a contest winning domain is not the way to go.

•••
To partispate on the contest requires one time registration fees . So nothing is free afteerall.

•••
You could start with good idea, but idea never make a money until you execute into massive action...

•••
Sounds like an ad for SquadHelp to me. 🤭 why not register the name and get a real profit?

•••
in the words of @wwwweb who i’m tagging

“if you cant spend $8, you wrong business”

no pity if lose the name, careful no one regs it..

Samer

Last edited:
•••
No money and lots of luck...

•••
To partispate on the contest requires one time registration fees . So nothing is free afteerall.

I think to participate contest is free, just submit the names. but i dont know if now changed the rules.

•••
Sounds like an ad for SquadHelp to me. 🤭 why not register the name and get a real profit?

point on here actually not about money, but about learning domaining/how to get approval on SH. i think SH have good team work and expert about branding and domaining. if domain affroved means domain have value, quality, and appraisal price. with join contest they can learn about demand market.
Why not register and the name and get a real profit? for newbie how many their ask about appraisal and lost money because they are buying bad domains. :)

•••
I think to participate contest is free, just submit the names. but i dont know if now changed the rules.

Check again. To be eligible in contest, you must activate your account with one time subscription.

•••
I don't submit names to these brand marketplaces often but did try SH.

I have gave this a try a few weeks ago. Submitted 13 unregistered names to SH. 9 rejected and 4 still pending.

I just would like to say if the names are rejected don't let it discourage you.

There have been reports in the completed sales thread of rejected names that have been sold after being rejected by these brand marketplaces.

•••
I don't submit names to these brand marketplaces often but did try SH.

I have gave this a try a few weeks ago. Submitted 13 unregistered names to SH. 9 rejected and 4 still pending.

I just would like to say if the names are rejected don't let it discourage you.

There have been reports in the completed sales thread of rejected names that have been sold after being rejected by these brand marketplaces.
Just wanted to give a little update on this

3 names were approved as premium listing and waiting on logos.

Mojo/Fox (com)
Q/u/v/e/l/a (com)
Vibrant/Day (com)

Submitted a few more to add to my portfolio if approved

•••
Just wanted to give a little update on this

3 names were approved as premium listing and waiting on logos.

Mojo/Fox (com)
Q/u/v/e/l/a (com)
Vibrant/Day (com)

Submitted a few more to add to my portfolio if approved

Those guys are frustrating me with rejection

•••
Those guys are frustrating me with rejection
Yes, they seem very selective. I'm sure they have to choose from a ton of names in a day, check trademarks, etc... They have their reasons.

I checked out some top creative profiles and noticed some had submitted names in the thousands. Just think of all the rejections there. Guess what, they didn't give up:xf.smile:

•••
Yes, they seem very selective. I'm sure they have to choose from a ton of names in a day, check trademarks, etc... They have their reasons.

I checked out some top creative profiles and noticed some had submitted names in the thousands. Just think of all the rejections there. Guess what, they didn't give up:xf.smile:

Thanks for the encouragement.

Quick question:::::

That your approved names, Did you brainstorm or buy from aftermarket and send to them for reviews

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the encouragement.

Quick question:::::

That your approved names, Did you brainstorm or buy from aftermarket and send to them for reviews
Brainstorm

•••
Brainstorm

That's what i do actually. But the headaches on brainstorming a name and it was rejected is the hardest part.

I will keep trying or atleast buy from aftermarket if necessary

•••
Back