IT.COM

FOG is the new CLOUD.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've let a few drop over the last 2 years, but still holding a few

FogSolution.com
FogApp.de
FogApps.de
FogCenter.de
FogNetwork.de
FogTech.de
FogSoftware.de

•••
Fog World Congress
October 30 – November 1, 2017 Santa Clara, CA
Agenda (The Multi-Billion $ Opportunity Before Us)

Last edited:
•••
Out of the Fog: Disrupting the Food Chain between IoT and Cloud

#5GFog .com / Fog5G . com

•••
AetherWorks Announces FogCoin ICO: First Global Market for Computational Resources

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - October 05, 2017) - AetherWorks announces today the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) for FogCoin, the blockchain-based cryptocurrency that powers ActiveAether. The ICO will be open to accredited US investors in November through FogCoin.io, with compliance services provided by CoinList.

ActiveAether is a 'fog computing' technology that extends cloud computing to the 'edge' of a network, enabling any computing device to host software services and process data. ActiveAether is transforming computing as it currently exists by leveraging the spare computing power of the billions of computers worldwide that sit idle throughout the day. By enabling the dynamic use of the most appropriate computing resources, from on-site and 'nearby' to cloud, ActiveAether is creating a resilient global computing infrastructure that is more reliable than cloud alone. ActiveAether enables lower latency, significantly lower bandwidth consumption, and an open market for computing time on both CPUs and GPUs worldwide.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...arket-for-computational-resources-2236254.htm

COMS:
#fogcoins
#fogico
#fogblockchain
#fogbitcoin

•••
AetherWorks Announces FogCoin ICO: First Global Market for Computational Resources

I was going to sign up for the pre-sale token sale for FogCoin. However their website is not informative at all. Wonder if this project is still a go? I didn't see a whitepaper or anything. Have you heard any more details on this?

•••
anonymousfog.com is available!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Can't say I hear the term Fog much, as for "cloud" it's everywhere

•••
fog has a lot of negative applications as well...

foggy thinking
can't see because of the fog etc

I was going to grab a few a while back but decided against it because of that.

Time will tell if that was the right decision or not.

•••
I'm still getting some interest on some of my names, mainly FogSolution.com but also on a couple of my .DE fog names

•••
I'm still getting some interest on some of my names, mainly FogSolution.com but also on a couple of my .DE fog names

Seriously good, could only have been better as FogSolutions

Hang on to it, I think you have something there. (y)

•••
Seriously good, could only have been better as FogSolutions

Hang on to it, I think you have something there. (y)

Thanks, Ive always had success with "Solution" and "Solutions" names

•••
•••
Still own:
FogVR.com
YouFog.com
BotFog.com
WebFog.com
FogApps.com
VideoFog.com
FogSmart.com
FogWallet.com
FogPayment.com
FogPayments.com
FogMarketing.com

•••
I'm still holding FogHosted in king.
Several offers (All rejected) I believe Fog has a way to grow in terms of popularity.

•••
I think edge is more popular.

•••
I think edge is more popular.

Unfortunately I have to agree there.
I also invested in Fog names but 'Edge' sounds more appropriate.

•••
•••
•••
MyFogComputing.com
MyEdgeComputing.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
My only 2 "fog" names

F o g X .c o m
F o g C h a t .c o m

•••