IT.COM

First Thread of 2014: Which were Top Domain Parking Sites for 2013

NameSilo
Watch

zaki.ahmed

Established Member
Impact
Hello Friends, I am back with my post to share with you and know about your views on Best Parking Companies of 2013

I Shared the similar Thread for the year 2012 here
https://www.namepros.com/parking-an.../780394-first-thread-2013-were-top-three.html

You can visit and see the difference of opinions, now and a year earlier.

Please share which were the Top Domain Parking Sites for 2013 for your Domain portfolio. Please post why mentioned sites were good for your domain portfolio.

This will help us get familiar with the change in Domain Parking Sites, as few sites which were not so good early may come out good now and similarly vice-verse.

For me It was

Bodis
Voodoo
DomainSponsor
ParkingCrew
RookMedia ( Looks good but I Used it very less )

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DomainSponsor.com is best for me.

High Revenue on G! Domains
High Revenue on G! faillisted (Y! ad domains)
Quick Payment - Net 7.B-)

Cool. What else will a domainer wants. :)
Thanks..

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

True, I believe so as well, and transferred 99% of my names there.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

True,

I believe so as well, and have transferred 99% of our domains there -)

In Domainers with Large/Quality portfolio I see DNS as a clear winnner as it is the only choice they are preferring

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Certainly not Sedo Such a disappointment for 2013 and I will have to make some changes for 2014. I will read this thread carefully and make my decision!

Thanks for posting it.

Hi, you will not find any one praising about Sedo, so i suggest try others from the list what ever suits you and is best for your domain portfolio.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

In this year, Bodis is the worst (if they not change system return before Dec 15th 2013)

Lets see !!!
For few they say its best after 15th for few its opposite way. :)

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Thank Zaki
I think good Parking Companies :)
#1 Voodoo
#2 Domainsponsor

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I see, thanks. I was only curious because from what I read direct type-in is a thing of the past.

It's good that I see people proving that it's not :)

What Decades80 said is correct +
Direct Type In is reduced compare to past but it will always exist in future also.

You can calculate your self. just ask yourself in a week how many times you type the name of the website to go to the website. !!! :)

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I submitted about 20 domain names to InternetTraffic to give it a try , some of them have +20k exact monthly searches. But Unfortunately, there were rejected. the reason was: Too few domains - we are servicing larger domain portfolios at this time

send some 100 Good Names. ( no trademark etc no typo for famous website although it may get traffic ) ( this is what people using DNS told me )

Hopefully i will also try out DNS in coming months if get approved :)

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Sorry to hear that. I cant remember exactly, but I am sure I applied with approx. 10 and could be I let them know I had 300 at that time. I was sending them cream de la cream of my portfolio. The best name was making 200 USD per month 2 word dot com with 110000 exact searches.

Hope the People applying for DNS note this point .

•••
i think that there is a big difference between kind of business.. we have to divide classifications for who earn most from parking revenues and who earn most from sales..
because for example sedo is bad for revenues but great for domain sales..

don't you agree?

•••
i think that there is a big difference between kind of business.. we have to divide classifications for who earn most from parking revenues and who earn most from sales..
because for example sedo is bad for revenues but great for domain sales..

don't you agree?

That's right but I would still prefer DNS because at Sedo you don't know anything about who the buyer is and are bound to pay commission as well... Whereas, DNS gives you info about the potential buyer of your domain in depth. Also they don't charge you a dime if the inquiry is direct and you have brokered your domain yourself.

One more thing I have noticed at DNS comparing to Sedo is you get more inquiries because of the prominent layout and bar on top which says everything about your domain being for sale and contact link.

•••
That's right but I would still prefer DNS because at Sedo you don't know anything about who the buyer is and are bound to pay commission as well... Whereas, DNS gives you info about the potential buyer of your domain in depth. Also they don't charge you a dime if the inquiry is direct and you have brokered your domain yourself.

One more thing I have noticed at DNS comparing to Sedo is you get more inquiries because of the prominent layout and bar on top which says everything about your domain being for sale and contact link.

Hello Paolo and Abdul Basit, Thank you very much for your thought. !!!
Here we are only discussing about parking and yes Sales is also important factor when we park. as we want to have sales + parking revenue and as per suggestions from everyone
I see DNS is best among all, but since its hard to get approved for them. then Voodoo and DomainSponsor are currently good as per over all response we had on this thread.

•••
Like I mentioned in the other thread, one of two things is happening in the parking industry right now.

When it was time for the parking companies to renegotiate their contract recently with Google either:

1) Google is keeping a much larger percentage of what it previously gave to parking companies

or

2) Google is paying the same amount but parking companies are keeping a larger percentage

I highly suspect #1 as it would be really difficult for all the parking companies to talk in secret and all agree to keep a larger share. It's far more likely that Google is keeping a larger share, and the parking companies are getting even less and we are left with the bread crumbs of whatever trickles down to us.

Sadly due to the nature of contracts and non disclosure agreements we will probably never find out exactly what is happening behind that curtain unless somone from within decides to chime in and anonymously and spill the beans. But for the amount of money and job perks they get I don't see any Google employee risking their job to let us peasants know what is going on.

•••
Like I mentioned in the other thread, one of two things is happening in the parking industry right now.

When it was time for the parking companies to renegotiate their contract recently with Google either:

1) Google is keeping a much larger percentage of what it previously gave to parking companies

or

2) Google is paying the same amount but parking companies are keeping a larger percentage

I highly suspect #1 as it would be really difficult for all the parking companies to talk in secret and all agree to keep a larger share. It's far more likely that Google is keeping a larger share, and the parking companies are getting even less and we are left with the bread crumbs of whatever trickles down to us.

Sadly due to the nature of contracts and non disclosure agreements we will probably never find out exactly what is happening behind that curtain unless somone from within decides to chime in and anonymously and spill the beans. But for the amount of money and job perks they get I don't see any Google employee risking their job to let us peasants know what is going on.

Thank you for throwing some light on this topic.
we all hope its point 1 as.,.... if its point 2.
then parking business will become not trustable !!

•••
Does somebody know any parking service with free email address included?

Last edited:
•••
@H-Trix You can still use any parking company that allows you to park by just pointing your CNAME or A records.

You can use Gmail with custom domain to avail of free email service. By just setting up your mx records.

•••
Hi,

could someone please tell me why everyone is saying that is hard to be accepted by DNS?
Also : I have a portfolio that doesn't get much traffic as most of them are brandables so i am looking for a parking site that gives you the best chance to sell your names as well; any advice?

•••
Hi,

could someone please tell me why everyone is saying that is hard to be accepted by DNS?
Also : I have a portfolio that doesn't get much traffic as most of them are brandables so i am looking for a parking site that gives you the best chance to sell your names as well; any advice?

May be because you have some good no. of LLLL.com domains.

•••
May be because you have some good no. of LLLL.com domains.

Thanks but I was accepted when I had not many of them and with a lot of domains I am about to drop...OMG...maybe I shouldn't???????
LOL

Still looking for some advice for a place that is good for parking and good for selling. Thanks

•••
@H-Trix You can still use any parking company that allows you to park by just pointing your CNAME or A records.

You can use Gmail with custom domain to avail of free email service. By just setting up your mx records.

Thanks for your answer!!
Still, I'm not sure how would CNAME or A records changing help me to get email without hosting, and do not know which parking companies work that way.
Gmail is not an option, Google Apps is not free anymore >:(
But I found the simplest solution - took a free web hosting, add a domain there, set up email address and redirected domain to it's sales page on Sedo. :cy:

•••
My message was deleted..

:\

:tri:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hey guys, newbie here with a decent size portfolio of domain names I'm looking to monetize...made the mistake of setting everything up with prebuilt.com (after seeing something about them on domainsherpa) and although their system seems like it would be pretty cool, in reality its pretty horrible (as is the support!)...

Made a few bucks with adsense though and got the itch to make more - is voodoo probably the best option for me? My domains are all listed at buydomainsforsale.com, got a bunch of EMDs and a few like liabilityonlyinsurance.com that gets $2 and $3 per click from adsense and decent traffic for not doing anything.

I've got an account already with DomainNameSales but can't quite figure out their parking structure and want to go with something easy but that will make me money. Feel free to PM me.

PS. Zaki just gotta say I appreciate all the help you've provided here in this thread, thanks!!

•••
Hey guys, newbie here with a decent size portfolio of domain names I'm looking to monetize...made the mistake of setting everything up with prebuilt.com (after seeing something about them on domainsherpa) and although their system seems like it would be pretty cool, in reality its pretty horrible (as is the support!)...

Made a few bucks with adsense though and got the itch to make more - is voodoo probably the best option for me? My domains are all listed at buydomainsforsale.com, got a bunch of EMDs and a few like liabilityonlyinsurance.com that gets $2 and $3 per click from adsense and decent traffic for not doing anything.

I've got an account already with DomainNameSales but can't quite figure out their parking structure and want to go with something easy but that will make me money. Feel free to PM me.

PS. Zaki just gotta say I appreciate all the help you've provided here in this thread, thanks!!

If you are looking for simple interface + quick support
then go with Voodoo and ParkingCrew

I see few of the names are already parked at Voodoo ( Make sure there are no failisted domain in voodoo as few looked failisted ) banned by google from parking therefore they earn less on non google feed.

PS: Thanks for the FeedBack,

•••
Hey thanks Zaki - after I posted that I went over to voodoo, signed up and loaded everything. Was actually wondering about that faillisted thing because I saw that on a few of them...why would something be fail listed?

•••
i have transferred all my domain names from sedo to BODIS and parkingcrew.

what about Namedrive?.i have one domain parked with them

•••
Hi, @mdrosenkrans
In case you have not find out about what is failisted.
Failisted means Domain Name which are Banned by Google and therefore it will not show Google Ads and It may show Direct Ads/Yahoo/Bing Ads based on where you have parked your Domains. The reason why it was failisted is debatable, it might have been Banned long back due to some fraud clicks/Trademark/Bad Traffic...etc..etc. and you may have purchased the Domain Name after that, once failisted it will never get cleaned again. atleast for few years.
BODIS have a free API to check If any name is failisted/banned, therefore you can check before buying
Here are the details

http://www.namingzone.com/check-if-domain-name-is-banned/

•••
•••
How can I protect the Voodoo account from this 5 lock account being locked

•••
My Post last Year: "My vote goes to ParkingCrew(Super Great Support) and Bodis(great zeroclick)."

This year:

ParkingCrew ( Still the most reliable, super great support, new features every year )
Domain Sponsor ( did great for the first 6 months of 2013 but after their changes CTR became horrible)

You are humble guys
I cant see any improvement the last
4 years

Other then they may have improved
On their own earnings

Definetely not on mine

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back