Dynadot

discuss First thing you would do as a domainer if you had to go back in time

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Njtnelav

Established Member
Impact
Let's say you had the opportunity to go back in time, back to that moment when you started investing in domains. What would you change? What would you do, what not?

your friendly neighborhood newbie,

Valentin

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would spend the time to sell my names rather than post nonsense and waste time of other people.

Last edited:
•••
Wow hey calm down, people are so rude here.

The point was, which mistakes would you avoid if you knew what you know now.

Peace

Last edited:
•••
Instead of buying a bunch of $10 - $100 names in expiry auctions, I would have used the money to buy a single $1,000 higher quality name. The options available to you and the chance of selling a $1,000 very good name are much greater than a bunch of lower price decent names.

Although I still do this so who am i kidding ...

•••
Instead of buying a bunch of $10 - $100 names in expiry auctions, I would have used the money to buy a single $1,000 higher quality name. The options available to you and the chance of selling a $1,000 very good name are much greater than a bunch of lower price decent names.

Although I still do this so who am i kidding ...
Well i guess you can't do much when your budget is what it is

•••
Well i guess you can't do much when your budget is what it is

You missed the point. Let's say my budget is $2,500. I would have bought one or two names for $1-2K instead of 20-30 names for $10-$100 each.

I'd have less names but they would be of a higher quality and more likely to sell...

That said ... most of the names I have sold were $69 drops for at least 20x, and I haven't sold any of my more expensive names, so maybe I wouldn't change a thing...?

•••
Would have accepted very reasonable mid / high 4 figure offers for a dozen or so names rather than
" holding out " for the unreasonable five figure offers I wanted.

While can't go back 20+ years do carry the lessons learned of reasonable vs unreasonable pricing.

•••
A. If I could go back to 1995, I would have sold everything I owned and bought the best 1000 one word .com names available.

B. If I could go back to 2000, I would have sold everything I owned and bought the best 1000 two word .com names available.

•••
Would have accepted very reasonable mid / high 4 figure offers for a dozen or so names rather than
" holding out " for the unreasonable five figure offers I wanted.

While can't go back 20+ years do carry the lessons learned of reasonable vs unreasonable pricing.
Kind of comment i wanted

•••
A. If I could go back to 1995, I would have sold everything I owned and bought the best 1000 one word .com names available.

B. If I could go back to 2000, I would have sold everything I owned and bought the best 1000 two word .com names available.

By my doing that circa 1995 I would be incredibly wealthy today, likely even more than Rick Schwartz and Mile Mann combined!

Interesting how the value increase cycle of 1 word to 2 words came to a grinding halt with most 3 word or longer names, which I believe are worth less today what with ppc revenue now destroyed combined with new extension availability, vs 10-15 years ago for example.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
if I can go back time! I want to read some post in here, that very2 valuable! because it change my POV about domain selling! :xf.grin:

•••
Back