IT.COM

question First email after a DM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

M.Rovert

Established Member
Impact
So I have decided to be a bit more proactive and look for a few potential end users with a couple of my names.
I have reached out to someone via Linkedin, mentioning that I have certain name. He got back with a DM saying that at “this moment” he was not interested in the domain but nevertheless he still sent me his business email.
Obviously this person I see as a potential buyer, so he is related to the industry of my name.
It is not an exact match or similar, actually a brandable.
So my question is, what would be a good email approach? I mean for example, if it was a brandable blockchain name like Rockblokfi it would be of no use for me to start saying "the blockchain is immutable, defi, tokenization of assets, layer one vs layer 2…
So all I could turn and say is "it's a nice sounding brandable related name"
Any suggestions?
Maybe just leave it as it is?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think doing outbound for brandable domain names is a good idea. The chance of anyone actually wanting to buy a brandable name following outbound is close to zero.

•••
@Rhinnnn I totally agree. I know there are some people here doing outbound, but to me it's only worth the shot when you have an exact match of what's needed. Example: you have a domain ChicagoPlumber.com and you go around contacting all the plumbers in the area of Chicago. Then there is a chance that some plumber who's heard something somewhere about marketing and domains and maybe will buy it for mid XXX.
For the rest - you need to spend an enormous amount of time researching, getting and contacting 50000 emails to get 1-2 interested parties...It's a pure lottery. Even when someone out of courtesy says he may be interested, the actual deal is very far away..

•••
•••
I got to agree with all of you.
Just needed to jot it down really.
Not much hope to be fair.
To the next thing.
It is a brandable. I have had 4 offers/ interest in this name. 7 eth is on the table at this stage.
I may bite the bullet

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back