IT.COM

Finally going to buy first domain for investment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zain110

Established Member
Impact
Hi All, hope you guys are well. Finally I am going to buy first domain for investment (hand reg. domain), I know which domain I need to buy but I am not sure from where because If I buy domain for one year it will cost me somewhere $20 or $25 CAD or if i buy for 3 years then first year will cost me somewhere less than $5 i think but renewal fee will cost me somewhere around $50 CAD for next 2 years , Can anyone guide me please what should I do for this first time hand reg. domain to start investment.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it .ca?
Asking as you mentioned CAD

•••
Upvote 0
Check Tld-list .com site to see which registrar is providing cheap registration and renewal charges for tld domain registration you are planning to purchase.

•••
Upvote 0
TLDES.com is good, maintained by member here.
No DotEasy registrations

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Don't look at all those deals of 3 years that trick you into saving a few bucks. Think of registrar to buy with.
For example, you buy it with Dynadot and 60 days later you are on Afternic Fast Transfer and Sedo MLS (and Standard Afternic and Sedo from the first day), which multiply your chances of selling (cause that's the ultimate goal, right?).
Dynadot is just a sample that you need to register names with a different perspective in mind.

On top, chances are 6 months later you'll be thinking - why the hell did I buy this name at all? (to the point of not signing up for a multiple year deal right away).

Good luck!

•••
Upvote 0
Don't look at all those deals of 3 years that trick you into saving a few bucks. Think of registrar to buy with.
For example, you buy it with Dynadot and 60 days later you are on Afternic Fast Transfer and Sedo MLS (and Standard Afternic and Sedo from the first day), which multiply your chances of selling (cause that's the ultimate goal, right?).
Dynadot is just a sample that you need to register names with a different perspective in mind.

On top, chances are 6 months later you'll be thinking - why the hell did I buy this name at all? (to the point of not signing up for a multiple year deal right away).

Good luck!
Should i buy domain for only 1 year ?

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
You need to check - is that domain worth to invest and hold for 3 years?

If you are not sure but go with 1 year only

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Back