Dynadot

Finally, am a winner via parking (Thanks to smurge)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hi guys, am the happiest person in the world now, will tell you are little story,

i started domain investment November 2013 (1yr nd 8months) now, i have been searching for a way to earn via parking, since i started parking i have never earn $5 total (1yr and 8months), i visited the thread where they sale traffic/ revenue domain, after seeing a screenshot by a member here, i decided to buy the domain a for $40 last year, i was happy and park it, i waited for days, weeks, months, no single traffic, not even a cent was earn, i felt like crying because am a student and $40 is a reasonable money in my country.

MY BREAK THROUGH

Finally i saw a post from smurge. after some days/ week, i decided to contact him, i told him to give me the domain as a gift for $25, after many messages to him, he decided to give it to me for a gift price of $55, which i accepted an paid, i park it immediately but after few days only few traffic but not earning, i was worried and contacted Smurge, told him am disappointed and the name was about to expired, he assured me i should be patient and sent me $11 to renew it (was surprise).

On the 1st of July i made $9 , 2nd i made $8 i was so happy that my neighbor taught i was mad, i keep earning from the domain till today, i made $15 a day (highest earning) and my highest CPC was $3.54, i have made a total of $130 this month.

Am so happy. now i can earn some monthly income.

i want to use this medium to Thank Mr Smurge, am so grateful and found myself fortunate. he is really a good guy very friend and has the heart to help. Thanks a million times SMURGE. GOD WILL RICHLY BLESS YOU for assisting people like me.

Below is the screenshot

Attachments

• park.png
    park.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 22
  • park1.png
    park1.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats Bro!
Better remove name in original post and screenshot.

•••
thanks DKN, please can you explain better, i should remove the link?

•••
OK, I need help in understanding this!

1) How can such a long name , just parked, ... get traffic? How do visitors even find it? I don't understand parking. How do visitors come to a parked name anyway? AFAIK, search engines don't list them in search results, do they?

2) Why would someone making average monthly return of $47 sell this domain for $75 ( or $55 as it happens ). It is not even about $75, why even sell it? I really want to understand the logic behind this. I guess only @smurge can answer this.

3) @smurge what made you register the name in first place? Had I not seen this story, I would not believe it was possible to even get 1 visit to the site!

@bene, congrats :)

This is some story! (y)

Last edited:
•••
thank DNVantage.

i have no answer to ur question. Still new to parking

•••
hi guys, am the happiest person in the world now, will tell you are little story,

i started domain investment November 2013 (1yr nd 8months) now, i have been searching for a way to earn via parking, since i started parking i have never earn $5 total (1yr and 8months), i visited the thread where they sale traffic/ revenue domain, after seeing a screenshot by a member here, i decided to buy the domain a for $40 last year, i was happy and park it, i waited for days, weeks, months, no single traffic, not even a cent was earn, i felt like crying because am a student and $40 is a reasonable money in my country.

MY BREAK THROUGH

Finally i saw a post from smurge. after some days/ week, i decided to contact him, i told him to give me the domain as a gift for $25, after many messages to him, he decided to give it to me for a gift price of $55, which i accepted an paid, i park it immediately but after few days only few traffic but not earning, i was worried and contacted Smurge, told him am disappointed and the name was about to expired, he assured me i should be patient and sent me $11 to renew it (was surprise).

On the 1st of July i made $9 , 2nd i made $8 i was so happy that my neighbor taught i was mad, i keep earning from the domain till today, i made $15 a day (highest earning) and my highest CPC was $3.54, i have made a total of $130 this month.

Am so happy. now i can earn some monthly income.

i want to use this medium to Thank Mr Smurge, am so grateful and found myself fortunate. he is really a good guy very friend and has the heart to help. Thanks a million times SMURGE. GOD WILL RICHLY BLESS YOU for assisting people like me.

Below is the screenshot

Awesome! Thank you so much for the kinds words. I hope I am able to help you more and others in the same capacity.

•••
OK, I need help in understanding this!

1) How can such a long name , just parked, ... get traffic? How do visitors even find it? I don't understand parking. How do visitors come to a parked name anyway? AFAIK, search engines don't list them in search results, do they?

2) Why would someone making average monthly return of $47 sell this domain for $75 ( or $55 as it happens ). It is not even about $75, why even sell it? I really want to understand the logic behind this. I guess only @smurge can answer this.

3) @smurge what made you register the name in first place?

@bene, congrats :)

This is some story! (y)

This domain has been parked for a long time. I have owned it for a long time. I jsut simply sold it to him and he parked it with Parkigncrew instead of Bodis. I had it at bodis prior to.

•••

I guess the question is; how much money does one person need? Yes, I make money and a great deal of it. At what point do i start to give a little back?

I've been very fortunate and blessed to be apart of this amazing industry and meet the amazing people I have. I am very much a believer of Karma. You do good, you treat others good and you help others, I believe this will come back to me 100 fold.

I've been on both sides of the field. I have been the guy who wins by being selfish and greedy. I have been the guy who wins by being honest, up front, and helpful. I much, much, much prefer the Honest, upfront, & helpful approach.

While I have no reason to justify my personal actions to anyone or anything but myself, I hope this helps you understand why I do things.

Ask yourself this:

When was the last time you or anyone did something to help someone else out with no expectation of something in return?

We can all help each other out in very special ways. This just happens to be one of the unique ways I am able to help.

•••

I guess the question is; how much money does one person need? Yes, I make money and a great deal of it. At what point do i start to give a little back?

I've been very fortunate and blessed to be apart of this amazing industry and meet the amazing people I have. I am very much a believer of Karma. You do good, you treat others good and you help others, I believe this will come back to me 100 fold.

I've been on both sides of the field. I have been the guy who wins by being selfish and greedy. I have been the guy who wins by being honest, up front, and helpful. I much, much, much prefer the Honest, upfront, & helpful approach.

While I have no reason to justify my personal actions to anyone or anything but myself, I hope this helps you understand why I do things.

Ask yourself this:

When was the last time you or anyone did something to help someone else out with no expectation of something in return?

We can all help each other out in very special ways. This just happens to be one of the unique ways I am able to help.

It's nice to see people doing good. I too have been on both sides of the field, and I too prefer the honest approach, honesty hasn't paid off too well for me unfortunately in fact it has gotten me screwed severely time after time again, enough to make me change my ways.

Point is it's rare to see kindness or selflessness in business, and it gives me a little bit of hope.

People like you make or break the sense of community in forums.

•••
•••

It does help understand! Very few people think this way. (y) Thanks for taking time to answer.

•••
Good on you Smurge for helping others out. Working together we all make domaining a better place :)

•••
This is my first post here and best way to start it is to congratulate Bene. You waited for a long time and great to know that finally you have started earning money (Thanks to Smurge). I am new in this field. Don't know much about anything and want to learn but really happy to see this story on namepros.

•••
I am still so sceptical about parking, probably as I've been doing it for a year now and not made anything! Is there a trick to being successful at it? is it a case of just waiting? "build it and they will come" but no idea of when they will come and click.

Any good pointers on parking would be much appreciated @smurge . All my domains are parked with bodis.

•••
Same question in my mind as well. I am new in this business and what i feel is that the domain matches some of the keywords that people search on google. Infact very identical to those keywords. waiting for Smurge's expert opinion. :)

•••
Same question in my mind as well. I am new in this business and what i feel is that the domain matches some of the keywords that people search on google. Infact very identical to those keywords. waiting for Smurge's expert opinion. :)

You are on the right path.

•••
is possible to know where the traffic is coming from?
i've a pretty decent knowledge on how backlinks bring traffic after many years of analysis but this one it is a bit weird.
I found it was a tour operator in the Hawaii area + it have backlinks related to ministries LOL + other things but i think it is really hard to reach 1k visitors a month and 130$.
i know that sometimes parking is weird but this time we are really over the limit
if it is possible i'd like to understand this

•••
What an inspiring thread... thanks @bene for posting this story and @smurge making it happen and sharing the wealth with the NP community. Good stuff keep it up :)

•••
•••
This is really inspiring. I researched above domain name using free tools available on the net. I am sure I learn something from this, but on the other hand it is not easy to reproduce this method without the right domain name. Thanks @bene and @Surge for the lesson.

•••
expired traffic from old back links?

•••
expired traffic from old back links?
this is the best possible thing but i would know which backlink is driving traffic..
i'm not interested in "how detect those" but only in some of those are bringing traffic..
i've not found a single good one.

•••
Is it just me or does the domain url have a message stating it's blocked ? What happened ?

•••
yep i have the same question ..why domain as been blocked..it means that your account suspended right?

•••
yep i have the same question ..why domain as been blocked..it means that your account suspended right?

Account is suspended. That could be for a variety of reasons. Could be the domain i gave him, could be other domains, could be a duplicate i.p. clicked more than once, could be the owner of the parking company was having a bad day, could be Big G said they wanted the account closed for an unspecified reason, it could be for a million reasons.

I had that domain prior to July 2014, had it parked and paid every single month.

upload_2015-8-12_9-34-44.png

•••
Back