discuss Fastidious® - trademark?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
fas·tid·i·ous
adjective

1.very attentive to and concerned about accuracy and detail:"he chooses his words with fastidious care"

First, let me start off by saying "fastidious" is a pretty cool:xf.cool: word, and thus I just registered it in a new gTLD extension.

Moving on....if i were truly fastidious, I'd love to own this single word domain for a business that makes it's money specializing in accuracy and detail. Off the top of my head i can think of at least a half dozen such businesses.

My thinking now that I own the domain, should I spend a few hundred dollars to trademark® the name for a rather generic purpose? I'm not sure how much value it would ad, but when I called the infamous Go Daddy to see how much they wanted for Fastidious.com, "Rich" came back to me and said, "the minimum offer is set at $50,000"....when I stopped laughing and told him about my domain, i thought I could hear him crying:xf.frown:

For discussion purposes, would you TM a domain like this if you thought it might help to sell it? Note, it cost about $350 and takes about 9 months to get TM approval if you do it yourself. Thanks for any input(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back