domain fastfood.restaurant

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami Ketolainen

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hi what do you think of this domain name? Any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fastfood.fr sold for $3,275 in 2012
Fastfood.mobi for $3,500 in 2007

Those are the only exact search sales. Namebio doesn't even have .restaurant as an option to search for sales. Though this domain makes sense, it's long as opposed to .fr or .mobi

You may find success in reaching out to all the fast food companies or possibly small fast food restaurants looking to stand out. Valuation? Hard to say with little data, if you get a bite, have them offer the sale price first and negotiate from there.

•••
•••
IMO a very nice domain relative to the .restaurant marketplace

•••
Great domain as it actually is on an extension that makes sense. Obviously as already stated there were similar sales. As this one better IMO than others you should see a better offer. All depends on time and the right end user.

•••
It makes sense but there aren't end users for it, a restaurant can't brand itself around it

•••
•••
Fastfood and restaurant are two different things IMO
I'd say reg fee

•••
Fastfood and restaurant are two different things IMO
I'd say reg fee
Your joking right? Every McDonald's, Burger King, KFC is a restaurant, in fact they are referred to as fast food restaurants.Really nice domain, fits perfectly into the niche. In my highly unreliable opinion I'd say high xxx to low x,xxx. It's not brandable to end users so as an investment I would hold onto it and see how the .restaurant tld market develops over the next 1-2 years, could end up worth a lot more.

•••
Your joking right? Every McDonald's, Burger King, KFC is a restaurant, in fact they are referred to as fast food restaurants.Really nice domain, fits perfectly into the niche. In my highly unreliable opinion I'd say high xxx to low x,xxx. It's not brandable to end users so as an investment I would hold onto it and see how the .restaurant tld market develops over the next 1-2 years, could end up worth a lot more.
I was only referring to fastfoods where you don't sit (w/o tables) But yes, those you mentioned are restaurants too.

•••
I was only referring to fastfoods where you don't sit (w/o tables) But yes, those you mentioned are restaurants too.
I can see the logic in that assertion. However, in general terms the most popular fast food places allow you to sit in or grab on the go which is why they are deemed as fast food restaurants. Anything else falls under smaller niches like food-stands, meals on wheels, mall cafeteria etc. Still...you make a good point.

•••
Tricky... On the one hand, the domain makes sense, there are plenty of fastfood restaurants around. But on the other, it's a bit too general. I don't think that any fastfood restaurant would brand them as Fastfood Restaurant because it tells nothing about the food they serve (burger, pizza, taco, falafel etc.) expect of course that they serve fastfood, which actually carries a negative connotation IMO.

So who would buy it? Can't think of anything else than maybe a fastfood restaurant furniture, equipment etc. supplier or manufacturer... Or maybe a some kind of consulting firm specializing in fastfood franchising or something.

•••
There will never be a .restaurant reseller market, reg fee

•••
Good domain as it makes sense.

However, as some have already pointed out, no restaurant will likely brand itself as "fastfood restaurant".
Having said that, I can imagine some fastfood restaurants who could be interested in buying this domain simply to use it as a redirect to their main site; so when a fastfood addict types fastfood.restaurant in their browser they end up on, for example, http://mcdonalds.com. In that sense it's a good domain to have (or maybe I should say "a good domain for your competition not to have" ;) ).

You could of course always create value by developing it into, for example, a (worldwide) directory/review site for fastfood restaurants with specific fastfood related search filters that you can find nowhere else (for example visitors can search for restaurants serving vegetarian burgers, mutton burgers, etc..). In that way you could create a more detailed "fastfood" search compared to for example Yelp.

Last edited:
•••
IMO high xxx expected for this domain, I personally liked the domain.
For higher value you can make it a big one by developing this one as suggested by @Bram C.

•••
I got one, French.Restaurant

•••
Thanks for comments! Yeah its true that no one will ever brand this named restaurant. But some redirect site or something sounds good. Or some site wich tells information about fastfood restaurants, including menus reviews etc

•••
•••
What could be the best way to contact to restaurants? Maybe someone could be interested to buy this domain.

•••
There are some very suggestions at @Bram C. post.
Fastfood.Restaurant is one of the best combinations you can aquire for this domain. If renewal fee is not premium, and you can afford to hold it, I would suggest simply to hold it for few years..who cares:). Once (if) search engines will start recognize meaning of word "restaurant" in this combination in future, you will be able to sell it for very high ROI. If this is not the case, you might loose some money, but comparing of what can profit be, I would simply not care.
If you want to sell it now, and not wait for "future promises", the best way imo would be to develop it, or maybe contact some technology companies who creates searches/directories for services (so not to contact directly restaurants, as they are probably not best end-users for this combination).

•••
Thanks for the comment. Any other ideas for this domain? It's premium domain and reneval is 49 $

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back