Dynadot

domains FanTokens.com and Twitter account $3MM+

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Alexandre Dreyfus (Chiliz.com & Socios.com)
Twitter @alex_dreyfus

Excited to announce that we acquired the domain name FanTokens.com and Twitter account @FanTokens
for more than $3MM USD.
This new digital real estate for us consolidates our leadership and authority in a market we created 3 years ago.

Also acquired FanToken.com to consolidate our business vertical globally.
(FanToken.com fw to FanTokens.com)

Attachments

• ft.jpg
    ft.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 211
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If true, congrats to the seller. LOL

Also, should really be careful about announcing you bought a Twitter handle, on Twitter, where it is against the TOS.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
@bmugford To be spending that kind of money and have your Twitter account suspended ...thats a big "lol", but a tragedy

Pretty sure Twitter must be aware of it, and considering these things an "exceptional circumstance"

•••
Before, FanTokens was fw to viodistribution.com

v.jpg

A. Dreyfus @ Medium Socios.com Jan 30, 2020

----

Blockchain Fan Tokens Unlock New Revenue Streams for Sports Teams
read more (Protokol)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Crypto domains are dead :xf.rolleyes: guys....don't buy them...I'm serious......

•••
Hmm not sure what was the bulk of the deal here, the dot-com or the twitter.. but what a great example of beauty is in the eye of beholder. Full stop.

At least the singular is owned as well.

•••
Wow.. unreal. It was hand registered in December 2018.

•••
I feel like there has to be more to this deal. I highly doubt they just contacted some random domain owner and a $3M domain sale was the result. It seems like a major outlier that likely has more behind the story.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I feel like there has to be more to this deal. I highly doubt they just contacted some random domain owner and a $3M domain sale was the result. It seems like a major outlier that likely has more behind the story.

Brad

Archive.org showed that it forwarded to Viodistribution.com, this excerpt is directly from the ABOUT section on their website:

Founded in 2007, Vio is an independent distribution company providing global solutions for record labels, artists and content owners. Our diverse distribution channels help our partners expand their global audience and collect more revenue. We distribute music, videos and NFTs across leading platforms worldwide. Our knowledgeable in house team has decades of collective experience providing promotional, digital marketing, licensing and blockchain related services.

So looks like they acquired it from another company in the space who weren't really using it effectively, but knew it's value which is why it cost them 7 figures. This looks to be the outlier information, but, imho with the valuation that's been reached I think with this end user....it probably didn't matter who owned it.....they had an overwhelming need for the name. When that situation occurs it ends up being more like a "how long is a piece of string" type of negotiation imho...

•••
Amazing sale, i don't understand crypto, but the market for domain names in this space seems crazy!

We've had info of 2 seven figure deals (crypto related) in the last 2 days (this and Exodus dot com).

Last edited:
•••

Brad

Eric Bobo Correa (wiki)
bobotoken.com
twitter.com/EricBobo
www.viodistribution.com/fantokens (< FanTokens.com)

Last edited:
•••
i think it is unreal.
It was hand registered in December 2018.
any one can use the archive.org to see the domain history?
many crypto / blockchain company just want to sell their coins , you known that

•••
Look like a bogus claim that fantokens.com has been acquired for 3 Million US Dollars. It seems there is a big plan to swindle people's money.

•••
Look like a bogus claim that fantokens.com has been acquired for 3 Million US Dollars. It seems there is a big plan to swindle people's money.

There is certainly a lot of BS in the crypto field.

Most of these projects will use marketing fluff and other tactics to hype their shitcoins.

Who knows what to to believe.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
a quick look at their CEO Alexandre Dreyfus & you'll see he's a domain lover with over 750 names.

he even wrote he enquired about NFTS.com but was quoted 31 million 😅

Last edited:
•••
My guess he acquired it himself personally, and sold it to his company for $3M.

It was acquired from hugedomains a while back, so I would guess probably under $4K, to a company in Malta.

I have had talks about domains with this guy, and he offers like $1-2K for domains that are no brainers in the 5 figure range.

•••
•••
My guess he acquired it himself personally, and sold it to his company for $3M.

It was acquired from hugedomains a while back, so I would guess probably under $4K, to a company in Malta.
Is that a possible tax dodge of some kind maybe?

•••
•••
•••
Yes, he is the founder of CHZ, which has gotten alot of PR attention from Binance, and their CEO CZ, he could have given him $3M in tokens, and the seller probably dumping them slowly on the market.

•••
Is that a possible tax dodge of some kind maybe?
When he contacted me his IP showed up as Thailand, so the above scenario is probably not the case.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Back