Dynadot

Fake PayPal claim after payment for CCNYS.COM domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I will not beat around the bush, this is the real buyer information.

Buyer Name: Milton Silber
Buyer Email: [email protected]
Transaction Amount: $850.00 USD
Transaction Date: Sep 4, 2016

( Phone Number : 347-668-9186 )

Buyer's Address:
183 wilson st
Brooklyn , NY 11211
United States

Claim datail.

The buyer has filed a chargeback with his or her credit card company stating that the buyer did not authorize the payment.

The credit card company has reversed the payment, and we've placed a temporary hold on the funds while we review this case. If this transaction is covered by protection against unauthorized payments, we'll lift the temporary hold and restore the funds to your account. If the transaction is not eligible, we'll return the funds to the buyer or the rightful owner.

For this transaction to be covered by protection against unauthorized payments, please provide proof that you shipped the item through an approved shipper to the address on the Transaction Details page.

If the item is not a tangible good, this transaction is not eligible for protection against unauthorized payments. However, depending on the information you provide, we may be able to help you recover your funds by disputing the chargeback with the credit card company. Please provide us with information about your case. We'll let you know if we can dispute the chargeback with the credit card company.

---------

But what Mr Milton Silber forgets, is the reason of payment.

ccnys.png

Attachments

• ccnys.png
    ccnys.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 157
  • ccnys.png
    ccnys.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 136
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Again, the problem has been resolved, I have not lost money or the domain.
Wow. Congratulations.. let me know. How you have resolved this issue. Did paypal resolved the isssue for you or you resolve it with buyer....

•••
•••
Wow. Congratulations.. let me know. How you have resolved this issue. Did paypal resolved the isssue for you or you resolve it with buyer....

I responded to the claim at the moment, and the next day call them.

•••
oh.. I see what you mean.. so while the buyer may stil file CC chargeback .. they'll be pretty much filing it against escrow not you.. so it's like escrow seller protection.. when in case of chargeback, they pay from their own pocket. didn't think of it when I mentioned escrow and chargebacks. ty.

This is correct. The buyer sends paypal payment to escrow.com, not your paypal account. Try doing a chargeback to escrow.com and the buyer/scammer will lose. Escrow.com goes through a strict verification process and probably has deep connections with the CC companies. I think it takes 7 days when paying with a CC through payapal. Imagine, they deal with 5-500k deals. The are going to make sure they don't get screwed.

Also, make sure these people have a good feedback rating and have been members of that venue for more than a year. I have done deals over $500 with paypal... but only with buyers with 100% feedback, a certain number of transactions, and more than one year on the venue that I am selling.

To be safe, anything over $250, use escrow.com or ecop.com or flippa escrow. You will probably lose some bids because people don't want to go through the trouble, but it is worth it.

Selling through Godaddy auctions or others is a good idea as well. GoDaddy probably use escrow.com as well or some other escrow company I would imagine to protect themselves.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
This is the reason I never, never, never use Paypal for domain transactions.

I always use Escrow/com for all transactions, even small ones.

Even if I have to pay the transaction fees entirely myself I still use Escrow/com for all domain transactions.

For transactions under about $7-800.00 the fee is about $25.

I have no problem paying such a relatively large fee for the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that the transaction is final with no possibility for a charge-back later on, and the $ is safely mine.

•••
I still don't understand why people still use paypal/cc for domain transaction

I use paypal for low value transactions for convenience and instant payment. For large values I use escrow.com

For the value in this case I might use paypal but I would need to be pretty sure of my buyer, I think you can tell if someone is genuine.

The best payment method (as a seller) is bank transfer as that can't be challenged/charged back, plus there's no fees on it.

•••
I will not beat around the bush, this is the real buyer information.

You don't know that. That was the paypal account used. Most probably a hijacked account. You have just accused the account owner of theft in a public forum.

When selling intangible goods you quite often get chargebacks like this, from a compromised account (had a number of them myself). Being intangible there's no way to trace the bogus buyer as you don't have his address.

The first thing I noticed here was the price for the domain which looked way too high. Alarm bells ringing straight away.

I think you should delete this post.

•••
You don't know that. That was the paypal account used. Most probably a hijacked account. You have just accused the account owner of theft in a public forum.

When selling intangible goods you quite often get chargebacks like this, from a compromised account (had a number of them myself). Being intangible there's no way to trace the bogus buyer as you don't have his address.

Yes, ican especially when the phone number that I have, along with their messages, are the same that appear in his credit information according to paypal.

If you do not like revealing private information of a thief, you can sue me

The first thing I noticed here was the price for the domain which looked way too high. Alarm bells ringing straight away.

Why you have a problem with the price, i can put the price that i want, i dont have to justify anything to you or anyone just like you, except I, I do not dare to criticize to you business. So, plz respect.

I think you should delete this post.

I think, or you are the buyer or just a bad day, but plz, - just relax

Last edited:
•••
Yes, ican especially when the phone number that I have, along with their messages, are the same that appear in his credit information according to paypal.

Paypal give out credit card information and phone numbers of customers?

I think you should put it down to experience. All you have lost is a domain with no value. He's doing you a favour in saving you the renewal fees.

•••
Paypal give out credit card information and phone numbers of customers?

when the claim is sent, all information, the owner information is included iat the top of document. (online )

I think you should put it down to experience. All you have lost is a domain with no value. He's doing you a favour in saving you the renewal fees.

You are not one to appraise anything, you must learn to have some ethics and courtesy, but do not worry, someday you will be able to sell something, for Now stop throw up over me.

Last edited:
•••
you must learn to have some ethics and courtesy, but do not worry, someday you will be able to sell something, for Now stop throw up over me.

Got plenty ethics, plenty courtesy, sold plenty, not feeling sick either.

I wish you well but I think you should give up on this.

•••
Got plenty ethics, plenty courtesy, sold plenty, not feeling sick either.

I wish you well but I think you should give up on this.

Well Make honors because what you are saying is that they have done me a favor in trying to steal something off my property and also, is ok get an accusation of steal or be an accomplice in theft by taking money that is not mine through paypal. - So saying that is maybe a little trolling but in no way is being polite.

•••
I have heard so much about how hard it is to defend against a Paypal chargeback.

@gipson What do you think was the specific reason Paypal sided with you?

•••
I have heard so much about how hard it is to defend against a Paypal chargeback.

@gipson What do you think was the specific reason Paypal sided with you?

By my side, answered the claim instantly, and provide all the evidence that can, included, the promise that under no circumstances would let me steal my property, because the money was still in the account untouched. So, i have not idea, probably new policies and/or everything has been very cheeky. You know, sometimes we are lucky.

•••
Probably, if he had told me, - Hey man, sorry, i made a mistake or now i have no money to give milk the cat, things would have been otherwise, just probably, but, i try to use my paypal very clean, i receive money from other companies and costumers and I've never had a chargeback or claim.

I always like to be clear with buyers and i care so that everything ends well, in fact, after having sent the domain, I sent him several messages asking for confirmation, until answered. ( screenshot of new whois data ) i always do it.

•••
Facing similar situation right now
domain sold for 530$ on 25 oct,
Got charge back email [paypal] on 29 oct.
sent namepro deal proof screen shots and godaddy transfer email screen shots to paypal
Asked godaddy for undo transfer.
---------------------suggestion required,,,,,,,,,,,,,

•••
Facing similar situation right now
domain sold for 530$ on 25 oct,
Got charge back email [paypal] on 29 oct.
sent namepro deal proof screen shots and godaddy transfer email screen shots to paypal
Asked godaddy for undo transfer.
---------------------suggestion required,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thanks for warning us, I hope it'll end well.

•••
Don't expect to win a chargeback claim if you sold a domain with paypal

Hard lesson learned years ago

•••
Don't expect to win a chargeback claim if you sold a domain with paypal

Hard lesson learned years ago
can i get my domain back ?? "undo transfer godaddy"

•••
can i get my domain back ?? "undo transfer godaddy"

did you call godaddy? better call and ask. sooner rather than later.

•••
already done
waiting for reply

•••
•••
godaddy's 60-day lock might be helpful in a case like this.
i think 60 day lock is from transfer in different registrar.currently ther in GD ONLY

•••
I do not really use escrow.com or other escrow type services so I cannot comment on it.. but I presume CC funded payments through those can also go through chargebacks... and since it wouldn't be a godady type situation where escrow has no way to recover domain, well, maybe there is chnce of losing both money and domain there...

Be that as it may, an escrow intermediary shoulders the risks, not the seller. An escrow transaction is closed (i.e. funds paid out to seller) only after either the escrow company or the buyer confirms receipt of the goods (e.g. domain). Afterwards any chargebacks are resolved between the buyer and escrow company.

•••
Escrow.com protects you 100% from chargebacks.
In the event that a buyer levels a credit card or PayPal chargeback as you as a seller, Escrow.com will not reverse the transaction and will fight the chargeback on your behalf (and we're very good at doing this).

Cheers,
Jackson Elsegood
General Manager, Escrow.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back