Dynadot

Facebook goes with .XYZ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
xyz fb.png

http://stream.hacktv.xyz/qandawithmark-ext

Related Content: Mark Zuckerberg just used an .XYZ domain in announcement

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
*runs out and spends $10k on .xyz*

•••
•••
The not-com revolution )

I don't know, man. These companies aren't going to run out and blow 7-figures on this extension and if they aren't spending money on it... is there a point?

•••
I don't know, man. These companies aren't going to run out and blow 7-figures on this extension and if they aren't spending money on it... is there a point?
It's a good promotion for nTLDs..

•••
A url that looks like I would pick up adware/spyware is not good promotion. The main url doesn't even load.

•••
A url that looks like I would pick up adware/spyware is not a good promotion.

I agree.

Facebook deserve a better domain name for promotions. hacktv.xyz is a terrible name.

•••
•••
1.5 K likes, 315 comment and some shares in 3 minuts after published, I think is a good pomotion

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I see that, like I said, looks like a url you would be careful to click, that you might pick up something bad. And the main url is still not working.
ah ok

•••
I see that, like I said, looks like a url you would be careful to click, that you might pick up something bad. And the main url is still not working.
Yes...Com investors should be very careful before they click...

•••
They are using it exactly what it is supposed to be used for - cheap throwaway promotions.

You want to brand; you use .COM. You want to host a town hall or make a public announcement, .XYZ

After all... .XYZ is supposed to be for 'whatever'.

•••
C'mon people every penny counts when you have shareholders to answer to - they picked .xyz because you can register that for just $1.99 someplaces (like Dynadot).

•••
They are using it exactly what it is supposed to be used for - cheap throwaway promotions.

You want to brand; you use .COM. You want to host a town hall or make a public announcement, .XYZ

After all... .XYZ is supposed to be for 'whatever'.
Why? If public announcement made in .com no one will visit? Why should they buy .xyz for townhall?

•••
C'mon people every penny counts when you have shareholders to answer to - they picked .xyz because you can register that for just $1.99 someplaces (like Dynadot).
In NameCheap its $1.......Mark..how will you face your stakeholders now...wasted .99

•••
This whole xyz thing most be a big joke? I really don't get it.

•••
•••
joke or not.. but all of Silicon Valley loves .xyz.

Let's file that one between the Harry Potter books and the Hunger Games series - same genre.

•••
Hacktv.xyz seems to be kept by gandi.net (not sure whats up there).
As far as I can tell, Facebook is kept by Facebook.

So what we have here is probably a portal of sorts offered by a service through an quasi existing domain name that actually has no real bearing or use by Facebook other then a means to an end???

Just a thought.

Cheers

•••
.xyz pump brought to you by Google (Alphabet) and Facebook

•••
Until a company wants your nTLD domain and is willing to big bucks for it, the fact that a reg fee domain in the same extension as your portfolio holdings is being used does little for your wallet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back