Watch

AlokDomain

Established Member
Impact
Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg buys domain name maxchanzuckerberg.org
from an Indian student only in $700.
Get the complete news here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awesome...... I'm just left wondering why he paid so much for it.

All the talk about why the domain name should have sold for for much more than $700 USD because Zuckerberg is a billionaire, is complete drivel. No matter what we're talking about whether its a commodity or a domain name, the sale price is not (or at least should not) be based upon the bank balance of the acquirer.

I would add though, that in my experience of India, typically a "price" for anything depends on who is buying. There's one price for local people and there's one price for foreigners and wealthy people.

Last edited:
•••
Lol... That is his Daughter's name

•••
•••
Man..it was way low...he could hit it more had he known that it was FB..before he told the price of the domain...should have left some room for negotiation..

..sAm

•••
Mark Zuckerberg must really not care about the .com because the registrant of it is offering to give it to him for free, yet $700 was spent on the .org to acquire it.

But, if you visit MaxChanZuckerberg.org it redirects to ChanZuckerberg.com immediately.

*Scratches head*

•••
•••
•••
The full name of their daughter is Maxima Chan Zuckerberg (not "Maxime" like the article says).

Due to the mistake in the article, both MaximeChanZuckerberg.com and MaximeChanZuckerberg.org were registered today after it was published.

The correct spelling, MaximaChanZuckerberg.com and MaximaChanZuckerberg.org, have yet to be acquired by the Zuckerberg family.

•••
Lol. Congrats to the Indian student. Making such amount as a student is Promising.

I think i'd be bugging the name of billionaires.

•••
Someone should set up a poll to see how much people would have asked for if they'd received the same email from Zuckerberg's 'Wealth Manager'. I reckon if he'd been silly there'd have been a UDRP on the way..

•••
Why would someone register the daughter's name of a Billionaire? Such people bring bad publicity for domainers.

•••
This news got wide coverage in indian media,Some other kids might be inspired from this and start off on wrong foot in domaining.

•••
Registering the name of a toddler, for profit, is highly questionable. I'm not going to diatribe about ethics here, but the whole thing just stinks; especially when you involve a child.

•••
Why would someone register the daughter's name of a Billionaire? Such people bring bad publicity for domainers.

This news got wide coverage in indian media,Some other kids might be inspired from this and start off on wrong foot in domaining.

Its True that Kids names should not be registered but he is just a student in his Graduation final year so he just booked it for fun (as he is saying) and he received a mail from Godaddy asking are you interested in selling this name he said yes and quoted the price of $700 but next msg was from Mark's manager and he was so happy. In fact he has replied on his post that this was not about money but he is happy that he has done business with Mark Zuckerberg. :P:P

•••
The full name of their daughter is Maxima Chan Zuckerberg (not "Maxime" like the article says).

Due to the mistake in the article, both MaximeChanZuckerberg.com and MaximeChanZuckerberg.org were registered today after it was published.

The correct spelling, MaximaChanZuckerberg.com and MaximaChanZuckerberg.org, have yet to be acquired by the Zuckerberg family.

Ohh..Lol

•••
maybe its all a big plan of facebook to get indian people to buy domains. heard they just bought a registry.^^ 700$ is cheap compared to the free coverage the news is getting worldwide . free advertisement imo.

•••
maybe its all a big plan of facebook to get indian people to buy domains. heard they just bought a registry.^^ 700$ is cheap for a worldwide advertisement imo.
May be...

•••
Why are we discussing this? Zuckerberg buys lots of things. Let's discuss tomatoes next.

•••
I remember the owner of this discussing whether he should have dropped it amid fears of a UDRP, ironically so the conversation took place on an FB group, fair play on the sale though.

•••
Simple. $700 is less than a UDRP and Mark gets to feel like he helped someone in Indian improve their life.

But the dot com is owned by a dude in USA. Better to wait for him to screw up, than to pay money to a bad American capitalist.

But the most likely answer is Org=Charity = Wants son to have a giving website in future so Org more important to Mark.

No worry about full name org charity scams from india

•••
But this maverick internet entrepreneur surely didn't reckon with city boy Amal Augustine.

Amal has 'beaten' the master at his own game and closed a deal with FB, trading the registration rights of maxchanzuckerberg.org on Monday.

Hilarious...yes, Amal definitely beat him at the dignified game of cybersquatting. Huzzah, Amal, huzzah.

•••
$700 USD just for redirection only D-:

•••
•••
You are right..this could set a bad example for many.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back