Dynadot

information Facebook banning Trump ... Gives too much power to Zuck

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
if he can shut the president up/off, he can shut down any of us up...

upload_2021-1-8_22-45-24.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a business - not a community service.

They can do whatever they like within reason.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Everything allowed in a war.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Love or Hate Trump, What FB is doing isn't right. Dangerous stuff for the future of politics. Actually scary stuff when you think of it.

It gives rise to the rest, Ant.

Parler
Rumble
Sagebook

(all .com ofc) Parler is the one most like Facebook

Last edited:
•••
Love or Hate Trump, What FB is doing isn't right. Dangerous stuff for the future of politics. Actually scary stuff when you think of it.

A social media company silencing the president of the US is quite scary, but they are well within their rights and quite frankly in a no win situation.

If they never banned him, it would have been a case of people pointing the finger at social media platforms saying "why didn't you ban him?"

Now they've banned him they still get criticized, i actually think they've done the right thing, infact I'm surprised it took this long, end of the day he abused social media platforms and used these platforms to threaten nations (North Korea and Iran) and world leaders, manipulate people in power (congressmen and governors)/spread propaganda and misinformation and in the case of what happened at Capitol 2 days ago, Trump lit the match for this to happen and did so via social media platforms, that is not fair to these companies.

Love or hate Trump, he's not going to have a voice like he had after 20th January, Trump needs social media platforms to get his message out there, without social media Trump wouldn't have been president and you get the feeling these companies can't wait to ban him permanently and are counting the days down. 1 wrong move by Trump when he's no longer president and you can bet he's going to be banned from the likes of Twitter/Facebook permanently.

Last edited:
•••
This is surprising? Fb and Twitter are clearly leftist organizations and have been manipulating feeds to billions of people for months.

The thing I’m happy about is that the left has complete control now. They cannot make a single excuse when they drive this country to hell.

•••
Why are you taking it this way ? It is his website bro, he can ban whoever he wants :)

Do you think if the owner of Namepros wants to ban Trump, he wouldn't do it ?

•••
He got banned on Twitter, remember social media sites can do whatever the f*ck they want, it's their site and they will use their size to push their own agenda.

This only gives more reason for people to own their own domains. However, the government can still cease it but I only see that happening for extremely illegal sites. Who knows though what will go down in terms of freedom of speech using your own website in the future.

Last edited:
•••
if he can shut the president up/off, he can shut down any of us up...

Show attachment 178627

If you incite violence, yes. Or.......the other option of just following the rules of whatever platform you're posting on. You can get banned here at NP for not following rules.

This type of stuff shouldn't really be a hard thing to grasp. Places have rules. If you violate them, you can get banned. Really simple stuff.

Last edited:
•••
If you incite violence, yes. Or.......the other option of just following the rules of whatever platform you're posting on. You can get banned here at NP for not following rules.

This type of stuff shouldn't really be a hard thing to grasp. Places have rules. If you violate them, you can get banned. Really simple stuff.

Problem with that is they aren't banning everybody. They only ban who they want. A lot of this stuff is personal opinion, taking writing out of context. Not all though. What I'm basically saying is, it's not right to pick and choose, do it to everybody, make it fair.

A social media company silencing the president of the US is quite scary, but they are well within their rights and quite frankly in a no win situation.

If they never banned him, it would have been a case of people pointing the finger at social media platforms saying "why didn't you ban him?"

Now they've banned him they still get criticized, i actually think they've done the right thing, infact I'm surprised it took this long, end of the day he abused social media platforms and used these platforms to threaten nations (North Korea and Iran) and world leaders, manipulate people in power (congressmen and governors)/spread propaganda and misinformation and in the case of what happened at Capitol 2 days ago, Trump lit the match for this to happen and did so via social media platforms, that is not fair to these companies.

Love or hate Trump, he's not going to have a voice like he had after 20th January, Trump needs social media platforms to get his message out there, without social media Trump wouldn't have been president and you get the feeling these companies can't wait to ban him permanently and are counting the days down. 1 wrong move by Trump when he's no longer president and you can bet he's going to be banned from the likes of Twitter/Facebook permanently.

yea I get what you're saying. Don't ban, dems. go nuts. Ban, reps. go nuts. Politics aside though. You can't just ban who you feel like and leave others to do the same thing on the same or opposite opinion angles on the same platform. I know for sure there are plenty of people on both sides saying / doing wrong things on twitter, with big or small followings, Ban everybody then. Problem solved. or pick and choose, & one side will be very angry.

•••
Problem with that is they aren't banning everybody. They only ban who they want. A lot of this stuff is personal opinion, taking writing out of context. Not all though. What I'm basically saying is, it's not right to pick and choose, do it to everybody, make it fair.

yea I get what you're saying. Don't ban, dems. go nuts. Ban, reps. go nuts. Politics aside though. You can't just ban who you feel like and leave others to do the same thing on the same or opposite opinion angles on the same platform. I know for sure there are plenty of people on both sides saying / doing wrong things on twitter, with big or small followings, Ban everybody then. Problem solved. or pick and choose, & one side will be very angry.

Post some examples. And after you find some examples, did you flag it? And you do realize as President you have more reach/influence.

Do you believe people should be free to violate rules/incite violence?

If you ran a site with rules and people violate them, you would do what? Nothing? If nothing, they why have rules in the first place?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Post some examples. And after you find some examples, did you flag it? And you do realize as President you have more reach/influence.

Do you believe people should be free to violate rules/incite violence?

If you ran a site with rules and people violate them, you would do what? Nothing? If nothing, they why have rules in the first place?

Leftists saying Ashli’s death justified

leftists wishing “more Protestors died” in the Capitol

i could go on and on... Pathetic.! Double standards.

“Fact check” this.

Last edited:
•••
Leftists saying Ashli’s death justified

leftists wishing “more Protestors died” in the Capitol

i could go on and on... Pathetic.! Double standards.

“Fact check” this.

Actual links to violations.

Some of the left have been banned as well. Not as much because they know how to read and follow rules. Plenty of those on the right still have active social media accounts.

Last edited:
•••

I mean, do you not agree that there are people on both sides breaking twitter rules? Really? So only Trump right? come on.

Do I flag it? No, because I never flag anything, ever. I never take an opinion to heart and start seeking revenge. Post what you want, I'll listen if I find it valuable, if not, I'll ignore it. To me it's all good whatever you think. It's just a thought and opinion based on your own experiences. I have my own as well. I'm not some social justice warrior trying to flag everybody breaking Twitter rules, I'm simply saying people on both sides are breaking the rules.

Yes, I do realize President has a big reach and following. So do many others on both sides breaking the rules. That's my point.

You're happy about it now, because you don't like Trump. That's all fair, no problems on my end with that.

Just wait until it gets out of control and people you support get banned. Then it's everybody's problem. It won't start and stop with politics either. Imagine what companies, brands, organizations Twitter can just ban because they aren't in line with their ideas or are in competition with a friend or ally of Twitter. If you don't ban everybody for "breaking the rules" & you pick and choose, that's what's going to happen. Then Twitter become the real influencers.

•••
I mean, do you not agree that there are people on both sides breaking twitter rules? Really? So only Trump right? come on.

Do I flag it? No, because I never flag anything, ever. I never take an opinion to heart and start seeking revenge. Post what you want, I'll listen if I find it valuable, if not, I'll ignore it. To me it's all good whatever you think. It's just a thought and opinion based on your own experiences. I have my own as well. I'm not some social justice warrior trying to flag everybody breaking Twitter rules, I'm simply saying people on both sides are breaking the rules.

Yes, I do realize President has a big reach and following. So do many others on both sides breaking the rules. That's my point.

You're happy about it now, because you don't like Trump. That's all fair, no problems on my end with that.

Just wait until it gets out of control and people you support get banned. Then it's everybody's problem. It won't start and stop with politics either. Imagine what companies, brands, organizations Twitter can just ban because they aren't in line with their ideas or are in competition with a friend or ally of Twitter. If you don't ban everybody for "breaking the rules" & you pick and choose, that's what's going to happen. Then Twitter become the real influencers.

You just dodged a lot of my questions in that long ramble.

I'm completely fine with platforms enforcing the rules of the platform across the board. It's that simple.

Trump violated those rules, that's not even up for debate. And as I pointed out to you, some of the left have been banned as well. Some on the right who follow the rules still have active accounts.

What are you not grasping?

Don't follow the rules = you might get banned

Follow the rules = active account

Last edited:
•••
You just dodged a lot of my questions in that long ramble.

I'm completely fine with platforms enforcing the rules of the platform across the board. It's that simple.

lol "long ramble". You're the type of person to not understand. Clearly answered your question if you weren't so full of your own ideas maybe you'de understand. I think that's actually the core issue here, thanks for the proof. It's ok until it's not ok :ROFL:

•••
lol "long ramble". You're the type of person to not understand. Clearly answered your question if you weren't so full of your own ideas maybe you'de understand. I think that's actually the core issue here, thanks for the proof. It's ok until it's not ok :ROFL:

Does that simple stuff really go over your head? This is stuff I imagine even little kids can grasp.

Last edited:
•••

Yes yes, we've been through this already though. Scroll up, take a few mins to read, absorb it, try not to get angry, count to 10 slowly, take a deep breath. Repeat until you aren't angry at others opinions. Have a great night, I hope the best for everybody here. :cigar:

•••
Yes yes, we've been through this already though. Scroll up, take a few mins to read, absorb it, try not to get angry, count to 10 slowly, take a deep breath. Repeat until you aren't angry at others opinions. Have a great night, I hope the best for everybody here. :cigar:

Why in the world would I be angry, I'm not a Trumper. You seem not to be taking this too well.

Last edited:
•••
Why in the world would I be angry, I'm not a Trumper.

Yes yes, if you just did what I said, you'de understand that I'm not a supporter either. :xf.grin: People like you just can't grasp that though, the concept is tooo much for you to understand. People like you think if somebody doesn't share the exact same opinion they must be what you don't like. That's your problem, that's the core issue. Jumping to conclusions based on emotions instead of really taking it in. O well, maybe you'll learn, maybe you'll never learn, I hope you do though.

•••
Back