Dynadot

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really doubt this.

mvp.ai sold for 6K
mvp.xyz sold for 43K

If somebody believes that.....be my guest.
.ai is for companies creating vaporware that will be forgotten in 3 years.
.xyz is for companies creating crypto that will be forgotten in 3 years.

I guess I'll be your guest :)

•••
I'd sold many .xyz domains between 2015 and 2018 up to about $5k before GDPR came into effect and stopped inquiries via email. After I priced everything in my portfolio over a long weekend and put it up on Alter.com I sold Places just two weeks later in October 2021. Things were strong the rest of that year. Quiet in Q1 2022 when I pivoted to Dan.com, picked up again in Q2-Q4, then quiet again until recently.

Since October 2021 these are the .xyz domains I've sold for more than $2000 from my own portfolio:

Heirloom $8000
Hackathon $9999
Bio $10000
Contracts $14888
Uno $16888
Merch $16888
Places $16888
MVP $42888

There are three other transactions that were lease to own that stopped paying between 4-9 months :
Riot- 12 month LTO paid for four months and I netted $4800 (a finance startup that didn't take off)
Gigs - 60 month LTO paid for six months and I netted $3180 (only ever got to a landing page)
Dos - 60 month LTO paid for nine months and I netted $3177 (DreamOS "the operating system for Web3)

I have two LTO active for .xyz domains: insiders and mega.

Hi @kellie Thank you for sharing this valuable insight and details.

Question, when you sold Mega xyz what was your m/o set at in relation to the BIN? I've been trying to determine if its best to give them all the wiggle room or cap it at 1/ - 2/3 of the BIN as not to appear weak.

I have the google cached ss of your dan sales lander prior to the sale which shows exactly as you shared. ( I would post here with your okay) however a cached page will not give the min O price.

I ask as I've been going months with one of my .xyz and a certain company and the CMO whom if it were up to him, a deal would be done at the price range I've been standing by ( close to your sale :) he's still working to convince his seniors......I wonder if the m/o set to low or at all withh a HIGH bin is creating to much friction.

As for everyone esle and the >XYZ sh8T show run by Mann and so many others, I'll say my piece in time but I think many look very silly with there accusations.

1) Anyone can go back years in the XYZ thread and see where Sweath started out as most, and actually had some crappy names lol...over time in the thread.. you can see where she began to grow a Great 1 word portfolio. At that time they were still 0.99$ and people are amazed how one person got 20K of the best LMAO...

you also can see when she began catching .xyz before most,

2) If your not a Fly Fisherman, you shouldn't be giving lesson on Fly fishing :

MOST not all MOST xyz sales are Web3 /Crypto Blockchain related companies! If your not active in nfts, crypto, web3 , blockchain...or should I say part of it...How many of you here own an NFT? use a crypto wallet, or actullay understand anything about the metaverse?????? Tech grows, it changes, and we seeing a new digital era

When Sweata was making the many great sales in a row, the crypto BULL market was hot Eth was $4,500 a coin! These compaines were fueled with VC funding before FTX crash & SVB crash.

They DO NOT want a 3 word Mann .com for 594,888......A Brand!

Any cool or great tech 1 word .com would be 6/7 figures.

.io is great but not the same as this New Generation of Tech builders cough cough .....Gen X Y Z!

Loaded with crypto, VC funding, a raging Bull market and Culture..... 1 word .xyz was it.

Now you have large Institutions getting in on crypto with BLACKROCK coming full circle and apply

for Bitcoin ETFs

Folks are still building even thought the market and flow has slowed.

As Ethereum goes back up, you can be sure @DNGear will be reporting more sales.

Seriously...all of you including the mr mann himself should go read .xyz thread and see how started and and grew as we all do.

Earlybid gets the worm..... oh wait that was a sale to EarlyBird.xyz ( what do you know a Dev Web3 Cross chain platform)

The fact someone has shared here Aftenic loggin, pics, pics of her on twitter with Anita Walker, ( whom mann and others claim as fake, N's army of scammers) is shameful silly, and bitter foolish to make assumptions without know all the facts....... She is Indeed a woman, whom I have heard speak numerous times in Twitter Spaces and Discord for NFT projects, such as the one started by Booth (Paradise.com) whom no longer runs that project. Point being........so many fingers being pointed at others...be people that are GREAT at what they do .....dot com, domains, mann is great...............................but Web3 Tech & culture are Str8 fuc*king Clueless!!

As R Josh said and joked on TW, I too can't wait to close my 1st high 5/+6 Fig xyz and be labeled a fake unreal person and start handing out my login receipts as well.

It's shameful honestly! ...Jack the domainer is a clown, and it's just so many narrow sighted people that need to really take off the blinders and dive in.

yes ..20K names,,,,shes making all the big sales....becuase SHE grabbed 95% of all the best Brandable 1 words...

Yet other great brokers have still made large .xyz sales too, as they were able to get a few good ones, Rosner is just one of the many.

....I'm done, I never planned to write this much or get sucked in but I'm Fucking sick of seeing this shit!

Have a blessed one all of you.

( ps im not going back to typo proof, so make due)

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Hi @kellie Thank you for sharing this valuable insight and details.

Question, when you sold Mega xyz what was your m/o set at in relation to the BIN? I've been trying to determine if its best to give them all the wiggle room or cap it at 1/ - 2/3 of the BIN as not to appear weak.

For a while I didn't bother with M/O prices at all. I felt that I priced my names fairly and didn't want to much around with negotiation. But as I started to push my prices up I decided that I would go for 75% of BIN. I've played around with a variety of percentages since then and it doesn't seem to matter for me.

I did go through a dry spell so I dropped my M/O down to 30% just to see... no difference.

My advice is to make your M/O price something you would actually take for the name. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for frustration.

Good luck!

•••
•••
Plot twist: all of these sales are legit but the people calling the sales frauds are actually paid shills hired by the XYZ register to draw more attention to the sales.

I'm kidding but man, there's a post every month about XYZ sales being illegitimate. It is giving me ideas on how I could possibly promote my own business. Kevin Smith protested his own movie "Dogma" to help gain attention for the movie.

•••
•••
Sorry for the insults. I was channeling my inner domain king Rick persona..

The company that paid Mike Mann $300,000 for digitalartists.com in 2021 is the same type of company paying 5 figures for .xyz & .eth domains, or buying monkey jpegs & fidenzas for 6 figures, or trading millions on dog coins. Hope that answers your question..

So your argument is that because a "tiptop domainer" like Mike or Rick make up some theories, it's true? And you'll just believe it rather than doing your own investigation?

Mike and Rick have a right to their opinion about .xyz being ugly or whatever, and they have been very vocal about their hate for anything that is not .com. But they did not bother to research into the typical end user buying Swetha's .xyz names for these prices before leading the witchhunt of saying the sales are fake..

The argument against Swetha initially was "I think .xyz is ugly/spam, so it is 100% impossible for anyone to pay 5 figures for an xyz".

When shown 5 figure sales from companies like twitter, paramount etc they changed to "Yeah some sales might be real but most are fake and didn't actually happen".

When Swetha let namebio login to her afternic to verify ALL reported sale transactions actually happened they changed to "Swetha doesn't actually exist. An indian woman couldn't have written in English like this. It is Daniel Negari in disguise buying from himself".

When shown developed sites they changed to "Yeah some sales are real and Daniel Negari actually used his massive influence to trick rich crypto investors into buying .xyz"

When told that even some of Mike Mann's .com reported 5 figure sales haven't been developed and it's actually a common thing, their argument turns to crickets..

The more evidence is shown, the more deranged the arguments get..

There is an underlying gem here that @Bob Hawkes recently pointed out.

In Sept 2018, Ethereum officially partnered with .xyz and owning a .xyz meant you got to claim a .eth.

So understandably, the demand for xyz would overnight pump. And Swetha was smart enough to see that and price accordingly.

She was literally at the right place at the right time with the right port

•••
Back