Dynadot

Expired domain vs hand reg- what will you advice

NameSilo
Watch

ollybod

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie and I think I have to thread with caution in buying domains. I want to purchase domain that will have RIO (return on investment). In this regard, should I hand register or look for expired domain when buying? please gurus should help me out with this question. Your response will be appreciated. thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are several ways of approaching the domaining business. The real money is in buying soon to expire valuable names by pre-ordering them (called backorder) or buy valuable names from their owner. The most important skill you can ans should develop is the ability to identify what name is valuable. Once you know that, then you can move to acquisition.

If you are ready to invest a considerable amount of money, acquiring names through backorder or buying them from their owner is the way to go.

On the other hand, if your funds are limited, you should experiment with hand-registration and flipping names for a few hundred dollars. If you are successful doing so, the time will come when you will be able to afford spending more and acquiring higher quality names.

Check sites like NameBio.com, Sales lists posted on Domaining.com and read as much as you can. Of course, check this forum and all its great threads. Almost everyone here is ready to share great advice and post their success and failure in the business.

Welcome!

•••
thanks for your contribution, If you mind, what makes a domain valuable?
There are several ways of approaching the domaining business. The real money is in buying soon to expire valuable names by pre-ordering them (called backorder) or buy valuable names from their owner. The most important skill you can ans should develop is the ability to identify what name is valuable. Once you know that, then you can move to acquisition.

If you are ready to invest a considerable amount of money, acquiring names through backorder or buying them from their owner is the way to go.

On the other hand, if your funds are limited, you should experiment with hand-registration and flipping names for a few hundred dollars. If you are successful doing so, the time will come when you will be able to afford spending more and acquiring higher quality names.

Check sites like NameBio.com, Sales lists posted on Domaining.com and read as much as you can. Of course, check this forum and all its great threads. Almost everyone here is ready to share great advice and post their success and failure in the business.

Welcome!

•••
thanks for your contribution, If you mind, what makes a domain valuable?

Simply put, possible commercial applications for the name. Either existing services, products (e.g. financialservices.com, bedsets.com, nycproperties.com) or something that could be used as a name for those services, products (e.g. smartplan.com, easyinvoice.com, zenbed.com).

•••
Good Q and Great Advises

•••
Simply put, possible commercial applications for the name. Either existing services, products (e.g. financialservices.com, bedsets.com, nycproperties.com) or something that could be used as a name for those services, products (e.g. smartplan.com, easyinvoice.com, zenbed.com).

Well, short and effective, but we must admit that remain very few valuable two-words.

•••
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie and I think I have to thread with caution in buying domains. I want to purchase domain that will have RIO (return on investment). In this regard, should I hand register or look for expired domain when buying? please gurus should help me out with this question. Your response will be appreciated. thanks

I would prefer Expired ones but you should keep in mind that if that domain has been let to die that means it didnt workout with previous owner & it might not even workout for you. But it would be better to get hold of expired ones as someone else trusted it as well & it might be good. thats what I feel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back