Dynadot

information Expired Domain Name Shows It Expire on 2023

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

I have been watching this domain name for a good while. I notice the DNS shows Expired1.domainname.com, Expired2.domainname.com. The WHOIS says the expiration date is 2/1/2023. When I go to the site it says "this domain name expired." Which is right, will the domain name expire? Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the date is 2 January 2023 and not 1 Feb 2023 it has probably expired. Whether it eventually drops, is backordered or is placed in auction depends on how valuable it is/who the registrar is.

AIUI the reason for the additional year is registrars re-register names to provide a grace period for renewal.

•••
I would look at the domain name whois history of the domain. Most likely, as Xiberia suggested, the domain name did expire but was renewed for another year by the domain registrar. They plan on auctioning the domain to the highest bidder.

•••
When a domain expires some registrars change the dns of the domain to something expired.something. Usually, when you renew it resets to the old dns. Sometimes, if you renew in the redemption period, it wont go back to the old dns so it stays pointing to the expired page.

Watch the auctions regardless, including namejet / snapnames so you could see networksolutions names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back