Dynadot

Selling Expired Domain Drop Catching Software

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime a domain name is not renewed it becomes expired. Everyday thousands of expired domains "drop" and become available for new registration. Domain investors, small/large businesses, SEO experts, affiliate marketers and dozens of others around the world browse through these expired domains in the days before they "drop" and then try to acquire them for a variety of reasons including investment, development and quick flip purposes. DesktopCatcher is an easy-to-use Windows application that will help you find, analyze and attempt to instantly register your desired domains automatically!

Who Can Use This Software?
Business Owners - Does a company like Remax own just one real estate domain? Do you think HostGator registered only one hosting related domain? No! These companies likely have hundreds (if not thousands) of domains related to their industry and they get used for all sorts of things. Since most domains (even 3 and 4 word names) are now taken in major extensions it's made businesses turn more towards expired domains.
SEO Experts - We all know links play a large role in terms of search engine optimization. Blog networks are what most in the SEO field use to build good quality incoming links these days and most blog networks are created with expired domains. Since people can scan, analyze and then register names that were previously developed it offers the added benefit of these domains already having some "authority" from the past owner.
Domain Investors - Domainers buy and sell domain names on a regular basis and often have large domain portfolios. They're constantly browsing through expired domains to find names they can either buy and hold for future sale (invest) or sell quickly for a small profit (quick flip).
Anyone Else - If you aren't already using expired domains to your advantage then you're surely missing out! If you see any need for registering domains on a regular basis then this software can help! Browse through domains that will be dropping in the coming days and analyze them to find the ones you want. Then, use DesktopCatcher to snatch them the second they drop!

How Does it Work
Although setting up the software is fairly simple, it may take more than just a few minutes the first time. All purchases include a copy of our eBook which explains how to set things up from start to finish! First, install the software and setup accounts at your desired domain registrars. Funds will then need to be per-deposited at the registrar(s) in order to cover registration fees. DesktopCatcher currently supports ten different registrars for you to choose from! Each registrar can send between 1 and 2 requests per second. The more registrars you setup, the more requests you'll be able to send each second and increase your odds of success! This software doesn't only drop catch expired domains, though. There is at least a half dozen other unique tools built to help you analyze domains for SEO metrics, availability and more!

Common Questions
Which domain registrars are supported? - DynaDot, NameSilo, OnlineNIC, RRPproxy, NameBay, MijnDomeinReseller, AJM.Domains, Internet.bs, Gandi and eNom.
What type of domains can it catch? - DesktopCatcher can catch all types of domains in a variety of extensions. However, we don't recommend using it if you chase highly competitive domains such as one word .COM, four letter .COM and 5 number .COM domains.
What extensions are supported? - Each registrar supports different extensions. Almost all support common gTLDs like COM/NET/ORG/BIZ, and many also support ccTLDs.

Screenshots
Below is a screenshot of the main form. To see more screenshots visit the Screenshots page.
MBDMIDG.jpg

Important Links
Our How It Works page.
Our Customer Reviews page.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Our Blog.
Our Affiliate Program.

Download
Get your copy of DesktopCatcher today and start chasing expired domain names tomorrow! There are two options available for download which you can read more about on the DesktopCatcher Download page.

Discount
Forum members are part of what has helped make us become the most popular publicly available domain drop catching software on the market today. To show our appreciation we're offering forum members a 10% discount just by using the promotional code DOMAINFORUM during checkout!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Last edited:
•••
What happened to the Godaddy - Wild West Domains api? Will you be reinstating it?

•••
How secure is the api? Any chance someone could use the connection info to hack or steal an account?

Last edited:
•••
FPForum,

Your e-book seems to suggest that if we do not fund our DynaDot accounts with a large sum, or if we do not purchase a large number of domains using their API, then we have less of a chance catching domains because others who buy a lot from them get preferential treatment when using their API.

You also recommend DynaDot as one of the top registrars to use with your software. This seems to imply that we have less of a chance being successful using your software if we don't spend a lot of $ with Dynadot.

Also, you have a recommended setup you suggest to be the most successful catching .coms, .nets and .orgs. If we choose not to register with all your recommended registrars will this limit our success using your software?

I ask because many of these registrars require a prefunded account, and prefunding all your recommended registrars can wind up costing some bux.

I guess my real question is - can we be successful catching good domains using your software without using Dynadot or your recommended setup? Can we just use one or two registrars and still expect to catch good domains or must we use your recommended setup to have the best chance at catching domains.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

•••
@Cdomains - The WildWestDomains API was removed from the software several months ago when they no longer allowed drop catching. All requests are sent through HTTPS connections so they are completely secure. That is correct about DynaDot. Their API runs on a priority system. Users priority gets based on their yearly account spending, divided by the total number of API calls they have made within the past 24hrs. This gives those who have higher spending the ability to get more requests fired off, but also leaves room for smaller accounts to get requests in as well.

Anyone who uses the software will definitely tell you DynaDot has good success. But, they certainly aren't the only ones. Definitely worth setting up and depositing some funds into, and if you really like them then consider doing your hand registrations and/or transfers there to begin building larger spending there. Over time, as you spend more with them you should notice less "System Busy" responses during some peak drop periods. The extensions you're chasing will also play a role in how fast DynaDot is. Overall, I definitely consider depositing some funds and running DynaDot. But, I also recommend running some of the top other recommendations within the eBook as well. Having 2-3 of the top recommended registrars running is usually enough to catch some names. The more you can enable on top of that, the better. What kind of good domains are you talking about? Any examples?

I believe I give a list of my ideal setup under the questions and answers in the eBook.

Thanks!

•••
I would like to set up the minimum number of registrar accounts. I am not interested in having to maintain too many accounts, or having to keep funds in too many accounts. I already have a Dybadot account. Do you think having just DynaDot and Namesilo would be good enough or do you recommend having more. I read your recommendations in the ebook, I just want to know if I can do with less API's and still have success.

I don't have any names in mind at the moment.

As to setting the times. Central Standard Time is one hour earlier than my time. You list the .coms as dropping at 1pm Central Standard Time, so would I set my time at 2pm?

•••

Last edited:
•••
Any huge New Years discount available?

Thanks!

and Happy New Years!!!

•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Any workable discount codes around @FPForum? ;)

(apart from the 10% one ;))

•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Looks interesting .. some questions before i try

1- Does this software send any information to DesktopCatcher server ? for example logins passwords ..etc i see no privacy policy can you please give me some information about the data you collect and the data actually sent or stored in your servers

2- How you know about last catched domains in your homepage ? does the software send a report of domains caught from machines where software is installed ?

3- Any plans to support Godaddy ?

Thanks

•••
does the software send a report of domains caught from machines where software is installed ?

Yes it does, but you can opt out of it by selecting this in the settings of the software. If you do not, your caught names will show in the scroll at the bottom of the DTC site.

Any plans to support Godaddy ?

I already asked this question a couple of months ago. I believe it was supported a while back but now it is not and I do not think there are plans to bring it back.

I do not think it is possible anymore for some reason, but I am not sure.

•••
Yes it does, but you can opt out of it by selecting this in the settings of the software. If you do not, your caught names will show in the scroll at the bottom of the DTC site.

I already asked this question a couple of months ago. I believe it was supported a while back but now it is not and I do not think there are plans to bring it back.

I do not think it is possible anymore for some reason, but I am not sure.
Thanks

•••
@ITCorp

Andrew is really great with backing up his software with support. He will help you with any problem you have. I highly recommend it.

•••
Thanks for your questions @ITCorp! Also, thanks for helping him with the wonderful responses @Cdomains!! Just to confirm what Cdomains said (he was pretty darn accurate, lol)..

1) The only information DesktopCatcher collects are your customer details when purchasing (obviously) and we will also post successfully caught domains on our website if you choose to have that option checked and activated inside the software. No passwords or domains you load are shared in any way, shape, or form. Your passwords and API settings are stored locally on your computer so they can be automatically loaded each time yo launch the software, but that's it.

2) If you choose to enable this option then the software will post the domain to a page on the website, but that's it. These domains will scroll at the bottom of the homepage and that list is cleared out and reset once it reaches 200. That means if you choose to enable the option your domain may be scrolling on the websites homepage, but not usually for longer than a few days.

3) Back when GoDaddy allowed drop catching they were available in the software (as WildWestDomains). However, when GoDaddy launched their new API through GoDaddy.com they decided to stop allowing the use of drop catching on their system, so I had to remove them. While chatting with them a little over a year ago when this was taking place I made sure to tell them to contact me if they ever decide to allow it again.

•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back