IT.COM

auctions ѕех.com in auction – How much will it sell for?

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The domain name ѕех.com is now listed for sale
And yet, this domain, that boasts 703 offer views and 43 bids, is in fact an IDN domain, consisting of non-ASCII characters.
sex-com-auction.jpg

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to own an single letter IDN domain didn't sell for squat. It was something like Latin-English. These bizarre characters can't be typed by the average or even advanced internet user. I would avoid IDN's even though you can type in a pun-code to see it, that defeats the purpose of a good domain. I would again say avoid.

•••
If you have a language pack you can type it out with macrons and what not.

•••
If i owned sex dot com i would want it great to trash.

•••
It reads like a tiny-printed Terms and Conditions checkbox that most click without reading.
Blindly ticking boxes next to unread text on a website when you are bidding 4 or more figures, honestly, that's entirely their responsibility.

I'm not saying they "deserve everything they get", but it's not hidden text tucked away, it's something you have to actively agree to!
:)

•••
Could be Schilling.. He's a millionaire right? and you never forget where you came from.. (Im talking about domains not the name)

Last edited:
•••
I almost got into it when I found an auction with a very rare one word short generic name. I could have placed a winning bid, if I didn't read the fine print that it is an IDN. It could have been a total waste of hard earn money.

•••
ridiculous. Non-English name.

You are about to bid on a domain name that contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is anINTERNATIONALIZED DOMAIN (IDN). Technically the domain is: XN--E1A6A7B.COM
It's never gonna be found on Google.

•••
after sex.com i saw alot alot idn without bids on sedo.all these idiots just lost their money on sedo

•••
•••
English is a West Germanic language ❕❗

So there is no English

These 26 letters in your head a LATIN characters

Learn your history

•••
•••
•••
i think all IDn should be advertised, presented and sold as they are: xn e1a6a7b, not how they may appear

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back