Dynadot

Ex-alt weekly drone sued for registering "Best of Phoenix" domains

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting read, but some others on this forum will get much more out of it than I could.

I tend not to fully understand legal disbutes due to being either black or white but never both.

Seems that the domains were registered in bad faith though, but why would a company only register a domain a couple of years before it knows it will have need for it...are they really that cheap?

•••
...but why would a company only register a domain a couple of years before it knows it will have need for it...are they really that cheap?

Yeah, that seemed strange.

This rang a bell with me because it has crossed my mind to register "Best of City Name" domains (though I wouldn't have done it for specific years, and I wouldn't have done it for cities where another company held a trademark on the term).

•••
bestofphoenix2021.com is available for squatting.

This is why I always slam domains with years in them. You must own all of them far into the future. They should have bought iLovePhoenix.com or something and rolled with "iLovePhoneix.com - The Best of Phoenix 20xx." That would mean slightly changing the slogan each year rather than the entire domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back