IT.COM

discuss Evidence for higher STR on godaddy landing page?

NameSilo
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
I have heard people mentioning the new GoDaddy landing page with their logo (as opposed to the afternic logo) having higher STR due to the trust factor.

Seeing how many buyers will insist on using godaddy as a platform in negotiations, it sounds credible to me.

Does anyone have any data? Anyone tested empirically? Most people ignore these most important details for some reason.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It comes down to the name ultimately! If the name is not good, no matter the platform, it may not work.
But yeah, no issue trying. Personally, I stick to Afternic but this could be valuable info for large portfolio owners with saleable names.

•••
There is absolutely zero evidence to support the claim that GoDaddy's landing pages are any ''better'' than anybody else's. Matter of fact, recently I heard exactly the same about Sav (same throw, circulating on forum).
You need to have good names, that's it. Whom to go with in terms of landing pages is best to decide based on the commissions charged, statistics provided, SEO possibilities, overall comfort of use and a customer service.

Last edited:
•••
Of course the name quality has the highest impact on str. It isn't the only factor though.

I have heard some people say recently that Afternic landing pages convert the best. Before that people were saying that DAN converts the best.

Obviously, this might not mean anything due to people's small sample sizes, confirmation biases, shilling etc.

Just wanted to see if anyone knows more.

•••
Of course the name quality has the highest impact on str. It isn't the only factor though.

I have heard some people say recently that Afternic landing pages convert the best. Before that people were saying that DAN converts the best.

Obviously, this might not mean anything due to people's small sample sizes, confirmation biases, shilling etc.

Just wanted to see if anyone knows more.

I agree that it would be nice to have a service that converts the best. But I think this will be more on the registrar/marketplace that will put more effort in creating better SEO possibilities on its landing page. For example - possibility to write a short smart everyday blog that could be distributed thru some landing pages fast, better tags for keywords etc. It really has to be the combination of landing page + extended SEO possibilities that you work on, get more visual for the relevant keywords, thus have more traffic and as the result the right end user lands faster on your page.

I don't think there is a better conversion because of a nicer pic or logo or cause of a more famous registrar. I currently have my landing pages with 4 different registrars/marketplaces over time with random selected words from my portfolio and see no difference in sales whatsoever.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back