Dynadot

new gtlds Everyone saying to not invest in gTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steger13

Established Member
Impact
I was lookong at other gTLD and ccLD to see if i could get any one words L, LL, LLL, LLLL of anything and its all taken! every where in all the gtld and cctld. So why everyone on the interenet sais to not invest in those? Everyone already invested there. I dont get it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this thread has gone off track. This thread is about making profit, as a domainer, from ngtlds. No-one is saying that the new extensions aren't being used by some businesses around the world. But the fact is the registrations of the new extensions are already stalling, and very few sales are being reported. The fact that dnjournal recently reported shoes.com making $9m and shoes.xyz making $1k says it all.
No we are on topic discussing new gTLDs with people who says

unfortunately few companies want a new TLD.

What do you expect silence? People are depromoting them here to sell their lousy dot coms( In most of the case & not applied for all dot com investors)

.XYZ? Seriously?

Please read this thread from bottom to top, you will see my comment on .XYZ

Last edited:
•••
investment is about

tco
roi
revenue
income
expense
profit

do the maths
than do the domaining

com cartel need to stop derailing threads with evangelical dogma

but they can't, won't

why? why can't they live and let live?

because the .com pyramid scheme is collapsing

yes domainers are threatened understandably so

doesn't mean you need to go full retard .com nazi

Last edited:
•••
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and domainer statistics.

•••
•••
•••
yeah it did

sale prices are dropping

and will continue to drop

•••
@Rhythm8 You do realise that ngTLDs are designed specifically so domainers can't make money? Premium domain pricing means the registries can price any domain however they want.

In theory if you bought an exceptional domain for $1000/yr and put it up for sale for $5000, there's a chance it's going to cost you $5000 to renew it next year.

The new registries are run by speculators who are deliberately and methodically taking the margins away from domainers. It's a rigged game.

•••
yeah it did

sale prices are dropping

and will continue to drop

Hand-picking a few domain price drops (which btw can be done in any extension) isn't an indicator of a complete market collapsing.

Last edited:
•••
But I believe what @Rhythm8 means that there are very few good domains left with the left of dot.

no. what i mean is only an idiot domainer or end user will pay hundreds or thousands or millions of dollars for a .com when there are exponentially better alternative domains available at up to $100 p.a. with better roi

•••
@Rhythm8 You do realise that ngTLDs are designed specifically so domainers can't make money? Premium domain pricing means the registries can price any domain however they want.

In theory if you bought an exceptional domain for $1000/yr and put it up for sale for $5000, there's a chance it's going to cost you $5000 to renew it next year.

The new registries are run by speculators who are deliberately and methodically taking the margins away from domainers. It's a rigged game.

that's basically suicidal

those registries are incompetent

e.g. .blog

stay away

there are plenty of other reasonable gtlds to choose from

verisign will raise .com prices when and if contract renews

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hand-picking a few domain price drops (which btw can be done in any extension) isn't an indicator of a complete market collapsing.

go study economics

•••

if your're off your medication it can be.

•••

but apparently handpicking shoes.com and cars.com isn't a problem

•••
but apparently handpicking shoes.com and cars.com isn't a problem

I didn't hand-pick either. But I think @dordomai hand-picked them to show the absurdity of your ramblings. For every .com domain sale flop you can easily find 10 .com domain sale flips.

Last edited:
•••
basically it is BS to say that because of the next extensions the .com market is crashing. first of all the market isn't crashing and even if it were we would see tons of .whatever sales replacing .com in the sales charts.

which does not happen.

one single .com sale is worth more than all of your .whatever sales combined which shows how the market values these extensions.

•••
so a domainer flipped cars.com?

shoes.com?

freedom.com?

yeah i thought not

those were b2b

see title

Last edited:
•••
basically it is BS to say that because of the next extensions the .com market is crashing. first of all the market isn't crashing and even if it were we would see tons of .whatever sales replacing .com in the sales charts.

which does not happen.

it's only been a few years..

it took .com decades

.com already slowing down

and if you are as fond of statistics as you seem to be you should probably ignore outliers and stop fondling your insignificant statistic

Last edited:
•••
it's only been a few years..

it took .com decades

.com already slowing down

and if you are as fond of statistics as you seem to be you should probably ignore outliers and stop fondling your insignificant statistic
Do you understand how supply and demand works?

If usedcars.com went into auction, everyone on this forum would get in on it and the price would shoot up accordingly, probably to 6 figures.

If usedcars.live went to auction, maybe 4 people on earth, all being nTLD speculators, would bid on it. Then the winner would post it in the nTLD showcase forum and they'd all say "great buy! Hold for 5-10 until the value hits $xx,xxx!". A year later, it would fall to an expiring auction.

If used.cars, one of the few nTLD domains that is great and makes sense went to auction...oh wait, it's reserved by the registry. So, if there was a big money buyer, the registry would get the sale, and one of you speculators would post the sale on namepros claiming how great it is for new extensions, meanwhile none of you even had access to that caliber name in the first place.

The reason .com does so well in the aftermarket, outside of it being the obvious staple of the internet, is because all .coms were available at the same price since the beginning of the internet, and buyers are able to dictate the value.

•••
Do you understand how supply and demand works?

If usedcars.com went into auction, everyone on this forum would get in on it and the price would shoot up accordingly, probably to 6 figures.

If usedcars.live went to auction, maybe 4 people on earth, all being nTLD speculators, would bid on it. Then the winner would post it in the nTLD showcase forum and they'd all say "great buy! Hold for 5-10 until the value hits $xx,xxx!". A year later, it would fall to an expiring auction.

If used.cars, one of the few nTLD domains that is great and makes sense went to auction...oh wait, it's reserved by the registry. So, if there was a big money buyer, the registry would get the sale, and one of you speculators would post the sale on namepros claiming how great it is for new extensions, meanwhile none of you even had access to that caliber name in the first place.

The reason .com does so well in the aftermarket, outside of it being the obvious staple of the internet, is because all .coms were available at the same price since the beginning of the internet, and buyers are able to dictate the value.
Now we have new gTLD speculators as well? WOW never seen one in here namePros.:xf.smile:

Lets say if used.cars was available would you purchase it?

Quote from you: none of you even had access to that caliber name in the first place.

:xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL:

•••
Furthermore, it's nonsensical to use the biggest .com sales as the metric to say .com is falling. It's the fact that every day there are countless $xxx-$xx,xxx sales which show how much of a stalwart it is.

Even for .com, 6 and 7 figure sales are outliers. However, since there are no clear patterns, every single nTLD sale is an outlier

•••
Now we have new gTLD speculators as well? WOW never seen one in here namePros.:xf.smile:

Lets say if used.cars was available would you purchase it?

Quote from you: none of you even had access to that caliber name in the first place.

:xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL:
If it was available for a normal reg fee, obviously. But it isn't even available, so as I said "none of you even had access to that caliber name in the first place"

•••
If it was available for a normal reg fee, obviously. But it isn't even available, so as I said "none of you even had access to that caliber name in the first place"
Just few examples so you would know what you are talking about.

Cultural.Tours - The World Tourism Organization asserted that cultural tourism accounted for 37% of global tourism.

Manhattan.Catering

Injector.Shop - We use this website for our family owned business. You are looking at a billion dollar industry there.

Miami.Golf

Jerusalem.Tours

BlackFriday.Reviews

AntiFreeze.Shop

Brake.Center

•••
it took .com decades
Wrong. .com has been around since 1985, years before the WWW.
With the WWW domain names became valuable. .com quickly became the gold standard and it didn't take a decade for .com to mature.
The value of good .com has continued to increase over time but it didn't take decades to see strong aftermarket sales.
New extensions don't need time to mature because the landscape is set (unlike 1993), the Internet is now mature, and there are plenty of potential end users. Only problem, consumers shun them.

When .com is dying, then nTLDs will be long dead, or stillborn :)

•••
Just few examples so you would know what you are talking about.

Cultural.Tours - The World Tourism Organization asserted that cultural tourism accounted for 37% of global tourism.

Manhattan.Catering

Injector.Shop - We use this website for our family owned business. You are looking at a billion dollar industry there.

Miami.Golf

Jerusalem.Tours

BlackFriday.Reviews

AntiFreeze.Shop

Brake.Center
Antifreeze.shop?

You win! I yield, I yield!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back