IT.COM

new gtlds Everyone saying to not invest in gTLD

NameSilo
Watch

Steger13

Established Member
Impact
I was lookong at other gTLD and ccLD to see if i could get any one words L, LL, LLL, LLLL of anything and its all taken! every where in all the gtld and cctld. So why everyone on the interenet sais to not invest in those? Everyone already invested there. I dont get it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello man, do you know that every year there are new gTLDs coming in business?

What 3 years 5 years you are talking about?

There are hundreds of them and more is coming.

And in this 3 years I don`t know how many new came out in the past 1 years.

Bram bram bram

launches are mostly over. the best strings are live. each new round will release lower quality strings.

do you really think better extensions will be launched? You already got the best ones. they are NOT doing well.
When you realise this simple fact then it's clear that we as domainers should only be investing in .COM. The role of the domainer is already taken when it comes to ngTLD.

As soon as somebody other than the registry makes a profit on an ngTLD domain they will increase the price of that name and make it a so-called 'premium'. It definitely can and IS happening already.

My impression is that 90% of nGTLD investors do not get this or they are so deep in denial about their investments that they can not accept it.

It does not matter if the new extensions are doing well, domainers will always be the losers in this system. It was setup this way.

Last edited:
•••
launches are mostly over. the best strings are live. each new round will release lower quality strings.

do you really think better extensions will be launched? You already got the best ones. they are NOT doing well.
They are doing very well.

I am using one of them with one of my companies, and I have to say I am glad I purchased that domain cause it raised our sales.

What experience do you have with new gTLDs to know they are doing good or bad?

Leave that to the ones who are using them in their businesses which is the purpose of it anyways!

Rick S. is heavily advertising .web, sounds like a good domain but can`t know how good is that if I don`t apply it to a business.

This is all about business.

•••
What experience do you have with new gTLDs to know they are doing good or bad?

Leave that to the ones who are using them in their businesses which is the purpose of it anyways!

my definition of "doing well" = domain sales

I follow domain sales and what is being reported is NOT good. .mobi alone reported more high value sales that weren't even fake than the entire program combined.

don't tell me they are under NDA, the registries hold the good terms and are desperate to report sales. the other extensions got NDA as well.

Last edited:
•••
I am using one of them with one of my companies, and I have to say I am glad I purchased that domain cause it raised our sales.
Doesn't mean they are good for investment purposes...
Sorry, I'm just sticking to the thread title.

•••
•••
I would say that here in the uk there is virtually no consumer awareness of these new extensions. If they were going to invest in an extension for their business they'd look to .co.uk, .com, and we're seeing some .uk domains starting to be used. The ntlds haven't got off the ground. As Kate says we already have .travel and that never really got going. It was crazy launching all these new extensions - just greedy and, I suspect, a lot of desire to knock .com off its pedestal. Well it didn't happen, most of the new extensions are flopping, the last 6 months graph doesn't look good, and there's worse to come - the xyz 1 cent promotion started on 1st June 2016 - So that cliff face looms and there are a lot of other promotions that will start showing up soon in the 'upcoming deletes'.

LAST 6 MONTHS GRAPH FROM NTLDSTATS.COM

upload_2017-5-19_12-7-17.png

•••
my definition of "doing well" = domain sales

I follow domain sales and what is being reported is NOT good. .mobi alone reported more high value sales that weren't even fake than the entire program combined.

don't tell me they are under NDA, the registries hold the good terms and are desperate to report sales. the other extensions got NDA as well.
I don`t know what you are talking about.

You are mistaken, follow the money not the statistics

•••
I would say that here in the uk there is virtually no consumer awareness of these new extensions. If they were going to invest in an extension for their business they'd look to .co.uk, .com, and we're seeing some .uk domains starting to be used. The ntlds haven't got off the ground. As Kate says we already have .travel and that never really got going. It was crazy launching all these new extensions - just greedy and, I suspect, a lot of desire to knock .com off its pedestal. Well it didn't happen, most of the new extensions are flopping, the last 6 months graph doesn't look good, and there's worse to come - the xyz 1 cent promotion started on 1st June 2016 - So that cliff face looms and there are a lot of other promotions that will start showing up soon in the 'upcoming deletes'.

LAST 6 MONTHS GRAPH FROM NTLDSTATS.COM

Show attachment 58873
I have customers from UK for one of my businesses - from injector.shop

How would you explain that? with wich statistics?

•••
I don`t know what you are talking about.

You are mistaken, follow the money not the statistics

money pays the bills. unfortunately few companies want a new TLD. not good for investors.

how are they going to make money?

•••

there are businesses on .cc or .co with clients too but that does not mean that .cc is a good investment. Kind of flawed reasoning.

•••
•••
money pays the bills. unfortunately few companies want a new TLD. not good for investors.

how are they going to make money?
unfortunately few companies want a new TLD.
this is the bottom line of your statement, I am one of them as a business owner and I am paying my bills, taxes and so on.

•••

Sorry I don't understand - you're saying a customer visited your store injector.shop and he happens to be from the uk. What has that got to do with the success of the new gtlds and more importantly how domainers can profit from investing heavily in the new extensions.

•••
unfortunately few companies want a new TLD.
this is the bottom line of your statement, I am one of them as a business owner and I am paying my bills, taxes and so on.

I was talking about domain investors not end-users. This thread is about investing in TLDs not running a website on them.

How is a domain investor going to make money if few end-users are willing to pay money for premium terms?

•••
end users are buying and utilising ngtlds and have paying customers

basically destroys one of many incompetent arguments

•••
Sorry I don't understand - you're saying a customer visited your store injector.shop and he happens to be from the uk. What has that got to do with the success of the new gtlds and more importantly how domainers can profit from investing heavily in the new extensions.
No Nigel I said I have customers from UK. Do you know the difference between customer and a visitor?

You are asking What has that got to do with the success of the new gtlds?

Try your best shot to answer it yourself.

•••
end users are buying and utilising ngtlds and have paying customers

basically destroys one of many incompetent arguments

end users are buying and utilising .tk and have paying customers

basically destroys one of many incompetent arguments.

makes sense too.

•••
domainers are buying and selling new .gtlds

these are reported sales

either they are smarter than you or you are dumber than them

•••
you guys need to stop beating the same dead .com

•••
you guys need to stop beating the same dead .com

the irony of all this is of course that you are ranting about dead .com in a forum under .com :banghead:

•••
there are plenty of other forums

•••
there are plenty of other forums

keep posting how .com is dead on namepros.com then use google.com, check TLD sales on namebio.com and go to sedo.com to check your listings, then come back to namepros ranting how .com is dead :banghead::banghead::banghead:

•••
I think this thread has gone off track. This thread is about making profit, as a domainer, from ngtlds. No-one is saying that the new extensions aren't being used by some businesses around the world. But the fact is the registrations of the new extensions are already stalling, and very few sales are being reported. The fact that dnjournal recently reported shoes.com making $9m and shoes.xyz making $1k says it all.

•••
dot Com is not dead and can`t be dead since it is the first extension we know since internet established.
But I believe what @Rhythm8 means that there are very few good domains left with the left of dot.

•••
i use google.cctld

check sales on sold.domains

and use uniregistry.domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back