IT.COM

showcase Everyone Post their best domain hack

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoodFortunes

Established Member
Impact
After the very successful "Everyone Post their best .io"

Let's showcase our best / favorite domain hacks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These are not domain hacks.
You don't consider a domain like marry.me to be a hack?

Phrase vs. single word broken by the dot, is there a stricter definition?

Last edited:
•••
fil.es
recip.es
cak.es

used to have itun.es

•••
•••
I only have one hack, it gets a lot of type in traffic. Not sure if this is ccTLDs only here, if so sorry about that. :)

counter.top

•••
•••
I have Painful.love

A hack should be one word, painful love is two.

counter.top is a hack for countertop, one word. At least that's my understanding of a hack.

•••
A hack should be one word, painful love is two.

counter.top is a hack for countertop, one word. At least that's my understanding of a hack.
I have painful dot love , Painful.love which is one word name imo ... I also have inventors.top

•••
I have painful dot love , Painful.love which is one word name imo ... I also have inventors.top

How do you figure painfullove and inventorstop together is a word? Here's an example of a good hack. .ke will be available soon. bi.ke is a great hack for bike. I don't know how many letters .ke requires though...

•••
How do you figure painfullove and inventorstop together is a word? Here's an example of a good hack. .ke will be available soon. bi.ke is a great hack for bike. I don't know how many letters .ke requires though...
Sorry I was wrong , I am not familiar with this hack thing , I dont have such hacks but waiting for some guidance to have one , I were having misconception with one word and hack things..

•••
Sorry I was wrong , I am not familiar with this hack thing , I dont have such hacks but waiting for some guidance to have one , I were having misconception with one word and hack things..

I wouldn't go overboard with hacks but a few are fine to hold i guess. It takes something really good and normally short like b.ag which sold for almost 10K or a really strong keyword that balances out well with it's appearance.

Honestly I don't have much experience with hacks, again just have one I think. :xf.wink:

•••
•••
crim.es
compose.rs
mor.al
viscer.al
confession.al
spy.movie
why.travel

•••
•••
At the moment my best is 'Fig.ht' (maybe not for much longer though as it is in auction AND I am chasing one or two other domain hacks as well :) ).

As for a domain hack having to be just one word is ridiculous, a bit like trying to define real music as only being classical music. The point is that a combination of more than one word that utilises the suffix as part of that word can and should also be classed as a domain hack, an example is 'fishing.net', a common enough term that IS a domain hack IMO as it utilises the suffix. ;)

•••
The point is that a combination of more than one word that utilises the suffix as part of that word can and should also be classed as a domain hack, an example is 'fishing.net', a common enough term that IS a domain hack IMO as it utilises the suffix.

I'm confused on whether that justifies "domain hack" or not.

•••
I'm confused on whether that justifies "domain hack" or not.

The utilisation of the suffix is what is the number one consideration in defining a domain as a hack, now fishing.net can be thought of as both using and not using the suffix, i.e. it can be a two word hack as in 'fishing net' a just the domain 'fishing' in the .net suffix, a bit like the letter 'y' being regarded as a semi-vowel in English.

Out of pure interest it should also be noted that that the 2 word domain 'CloudComputi.ng' currently holds 3rd place with regard to highest bids in the www.undeveloped.com auction.

•••
helicopte.rs
HybridCa.rs

p.s. both for sale, more info on pm : )

•••
biolo.gy
buyi.ng
buyin.gs
campi.ng
catalo.gs
charte.rs
dialo.gs
engineeri.ng
feeli.ng
holdi.ng
jewele.rs
livi.ng
parki.ng
shoppin.gs
sportsbetti.ng
touri.sm
tuni.ng
winnin.gs
youn.gs

•••
Here are some options (im sure they are available? who knows) if you want "hack" the whole alphabet:

• ab.cd/efghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Democratic Republic of the Congo
  • abc.de/fghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Germany
  • abcdef.gh/ijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Ghana
  • abcdefghijkl.mn/opqrstuvwxyz Mongolia
  • abcdefghijklm.no/pqrstuvwxyz Norway
  • abcdefghijklmnopq.rs/tuvwxyz Serbia
  • abcdefghijklmnopqr.st/uvwxyz São Tomé and Príncipe

Last edited:
•••
  • domainh.ac/ksaresilly Ascension Island
  • dom.ai/nhacksaresilly Anguilla
  • domainhacks.ar/esilly Argentina
  • domainha.ck/saresilly Cook Islands
  • xxx.do/mainhacksaresilly Dominican Republic
  • domainhacksar.es/illy Spain
  • domainhacksares.il/ly Israel
  • doma.in/hacksaresilly India
  • domainhacksaresil.ly/ Libya
  • do.ma/inhacksaresilly Morocco
  • d.om/ainhacksaresilly Oman
  • domainhacksa.re/silly Réunion
  • domainhack.sa/resilly Saudi Arabia
  • domainhacksare.si/lly Slovenia

•••
fingerpo.st
stigmati.st

Still Available

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back