IT.COM

Evaluating potential traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Which is better for evaluating potential traffic for domain names: Overture with extension or Google with extension ? What's the difference?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To tell you the truth xsinner it would really depend on the buyer who is purchasing the domain. However it is always best to include results from both Overture and Google if you are going to sell a domain.

•••
Each measures a different value. Google shows number of internet links to the term and is an indicator of keyword strength and , whereas Overture measures the number of searches/month for that term, which indicates the popularity of the search term indicating the potential for traffic. I tend to emphasize the OV score and value Google for researching who is linking up.

•••
I always would like to buy a domain which has got huge links in google. Overture links is not important to me. Because most of a sites visitors comes from google, yahoo and msn.

•••
You guys are giving me valuable inputs. Thank you very much.

•••
Overture links is not important to me. Because most of a sites visitors comes from google, yahoo and msn

Stats from both sources have their value. (additionally, there are several other research and measurement tools ie MarketLeap) that can help fill in and create a larger picture of a domain's potential.

Suthra is correct. Google and others are where most searches are originating from. However, the other search engines are showing links to a term and not the number of searches made using the term. A rule of thumb, which I have tested and generally seems to be remarkably accurate is to multiply the OV number x 10 to arrive at an approximate number of searches performed on all search engines/ mo., which is a valuable asset in determining the usefulness of a term, IMO.

•••
how does one get the Overture stats!:tri:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back